What is a Dark Elf army called?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tomj8937
Trainee Warrior

What is a Dark Elf army called?

Post by Tomj8937 »

Before everybody asks, I dont mean a raiding party. Thats called a raiding party. I mean an army like malkieths and whatnot, whats the name a dark elf army is typicly coined. My army Is the Obsidian Rose, and I want to konw if I call it The host of the Obsidian Rose, Kabal, War host ETC.
So what is it!? Please tell me.
''The bell of souls shall toll tonight, the question is for whom? Here my brother, it is decided.''

Armellus Bloodheart at the Arena of lost souls, shortly before he kills his brother Morgar Bloodtalon.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Whatever you prefer really. You can call your army Steve if you like. Army or Host probably works best. Kabal does not, that's for space deviates.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
The avenger
Beastmaster

Post by The avenger »

Hmm, perhaps I should call mine "Check mate"???
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

The Dark Elf army book refers to Raiding armies and The Host of Naggaroth, if that's any help...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Mine is the 'Shadow Host', 'Host' is a pretty generic name, as is 'legion'.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Host is I think the most common other than simply calling it an army. There might be something in the Herald's language guide but if there is I can't remember what it was.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tomj8937
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tomj8937 »

Cheers guys. So host iis the most common. Host of The Obsidian Rose. I lkie that name. But what about Shadow host of the Obsidian Rose.

Only joking Malus, u got shadow Host first and Im not gunna try to steal the name.
''The bell of souls shall toll tonight, the question is for whom? Here my brother, it is decided.''

Armellus Bloodheart at the Arena of lost souls, shortly before he kills his brother Morgar Bloodtalon.
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Tomj8937 wrote:Only joking Malus, u got shadow Host first and Im not gunna try to steal the name.

Look up my army list fluff and you can see who I might send after people who steal my things :evil: Will it be the renegade assassin? The Voidstalker or the crazy castrater woman? ;)

Its good to give your army a name, it makes it your army. Obsidian rose BTW is awesome, is that to represent twisted/corrupted/dark beauty? Either way it is great.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Tomj8937
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tomj8937 »

Thank you. Its used to represent Twisted Beauty and sort of a warning to any who believe that just because something is beautiful, that its harmless. Sort of Like The Rose is Beauty, its thorns is Violence. My army led by 2 twin sorceress's, Selena And Sarpe Rosethorn. I'm trying to make 2 roses out of green stuff to paint and put on the models. Its a true Pain in the ass making A rose. Even more so cause its so small.

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I like the idea of giving your army a name and would probably use something either personal or dramatic, by which I mean "The War-Host of Lord Kalis Heart-Render" or "Talons of Khaine". I tend towards the dramatic :D Black Arks are the thing I have most fun with naming.

I'd call the army of Naggaroth something like "The War-Host of Malekith" or I'd agree with well, "The Army of Naggaroth" too.

Maybe some of the older families have Nagarythe references?

Edit: I forgot to say, maybe this might help with the roses? http://www.jaedworks.com/clayspot/techniques/roses.html These are larger, but the technique should work :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Vorthain
Noble

Post by Vorthain »

I call mine the Talons of the Rephallim after the bit in Dark Elf mythology about the spectres taking souls to the underworld. Anything -host sounds good for larger armies.
a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn
Blondshade
Executioner

Post by Blondshade »

Mine is the throng of Manford (He is the special character I made check him out sometime)
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

My Armies name is Arhaelthrai [Shadowdoom], it more than a raiding army as it has a base of operation in the old world.
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

The army book refers to our army as a "host".
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

As i was in the north of norway a year in military duty and i painted my druchii in an ice/cold theme, the name "Defenders of the North" came to mind, it also helps with my fluff that i guard the north from invading mauraders. And also i have never lost against WoC, so you are all safe in the south :P
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"