Shades?!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Paintrain
Slave on the Altar

Post by Paintrain »

That was the reason I put the BSB in the unit with the ASF banner. This way they at least get to strike with the great weapons on their init which is higher than most other troops. This way by keeping them in the woods, I annoy my opponent to the point that they send something to deal with the shades. However once they charge into the forest and lose steadfast, my shades hit hard enough to do some damage (even to some troops with decent armor) and have a stick for combat resolution. Although like I said before, it is a bit of a point sink.
Mutator
Black Guard

Post by Mutator »

Tethlis wrote:The trouble here is that the Sea Dragon Cloaks have in-game rules, so throwing them on all your models is misleading to your opponent. Especially since Shades have no armor at all (or only light armor) this could be an issue.

The key to avoiding this confusion is to not field any models which *do* actually use the SDC rules.
Strength in Numbers: visit Underempire.net
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

It's not confusing at all.

Shades Skirmish, Corsairs don't.

And then do your opponent the little courtesy of informing him that the 'shades' are unarmored. That should clear it up. It really is just that simple.
Squanto315
Trainee Warrior

Post by Squanto315 »

I use the corsair models as shades, i have a snow army though so the cloaks they have are white while my corsairs are dark red easy to tell the differnce.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

8th edition W/D/L
legion of the Bloody Snowflake 4/0/3