first time up Vs. High elves!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Nicol247
Trainee Warrior

first time up Vs. High elves!

Post by Nicol247 »

Ive got a 1000pts match coming up against HE. Ive never played em before. Ive written a list of

L2 sorceress
20 corsairs
2 CoC
18 RXB
Hydra

What you reckon?
How can i sacrifice zombies to khaine!?!
Greenwhy
Executioner

Post by Greenwhy »

I think your list would benefit from harpies, shades or dark riders. Dropping a chariot would give you the points. I think 2 chariots is not needed given there is a hydra present. Will your sorceress go in the RCBs? What lore is she taking? I like dark or shadow against High Elves. Do you have many other options in terms of what models you have?
Aszvet
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aszvet »

I agree, only one chariot is needed, Harpies or DR would be my choice for the extra points. They have the ability to go where you need them to.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Close combat with Sword masters-suicide. Shoot them instread.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Nicol247
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nicol247 »

I was thinkging bout shades or DR but i know he will turn up with a RBT and some bowmen. i was worried that they would get shot to bits before i could get close enough. My plan was to just try overload his units with hydra/CoC and corsairs. And draw fire with an extra chariot running around. I was gonna place the sorc in with the rxb's and use either dark or shadow.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Two bolt thrower shots can still kill a hydra, but a good size unit of shades near the reapers shuld be fun *they still get the -1 to get shot at midifier since they are skirmishers.

Harpies also work wonders in this department.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

Harpies. They will eat up bolt throwers or buy you the time you need to get hydra/corsairs up close and personal.

I suggest the following gear for the sorceress:

ToF (extra spells always handy), PoK (ignore the worst of most miscast results).

Lore of shadow is a solid choice for any dark elf, lore of death is brutal at 1k points, and dark magic is delicious against high elves in particular. I would probably choose dark magic for a bit of fun.

You can fund all this by dropping one chariot, use shooting to soften up his hard hitting combat units, and then corsairs, chariot or hydra to mop up.
Nicol247
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nicol247 »

Thanks for the advice guys, got rid of the CoC and some rxb's and took 10 shades. Wiped out the High elf scum by turn 4. Epic.