Alliance Dark Elves - Lizardmen

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Pjeos
Executioner

Alliance Dark Elves - Lizardmen

Post by Pjeos »

Hi there,

I'm attending a couples tournament in 2 weeks with a friend of mine who plays lizzies. Armies must be 1500 points each, so games will be 3k vs 3k. I've spent a few minutes trying to remember if lizzies and DE had any special psynergy but I can't remember any. Going through both codex, I've realized DE and Lizards can stack an appalling amount of good shooting and magic, our lists may try to focus on that. But other than that, I can't see any special synergy.

I wondered if any of you guys know well Lizardmen and if you can come up with any overall strategy, psynergy, combo, whatever to help me with the list creation.

Any help will be welcome.

Salu2
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

If your going by the BRB, then your going to have a very difficult magic faze, and your magic defense will get trashed.

because you have to split PD and DD evenly, and your dice cannot dispell spells affecting your team mate.
Also known as Kanadian
Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Post by Kaleth stinson »

But still, DE and Lizzies have great ways of getting extra PD, so it might work.

But I agree that its hard to find good comboes with does two.

But if he gets a Death slann with extra PD thingy and you get a shadow with dagger.

Or he Shadow and you Dark.

And then focus on the best things in each book, like Hydra, Salamanders, skinks, rxb and so on.
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Dante valentine
Cold One Knight

Post by Dante valentine »

Should be a nice combination!

The inherit "weaknesses" (i dont see T3 as a weakness, its normal imo), can be filled in by the lizzies are their cold blooded choppy nature!

I wouldn't mind having a few skink's in my list!

Anyway, let us know how it goes as this is a combo i'm really interested in!

D
In the House of Valentine, Every Night Is Death Night!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

If you go by the book, the best alliance for Dark Elves is Skaven, because they're both Suspicious Allies and as such it negates the problem of only one army being Suspicious.

Also Skaven compliment Dark Elves very well with masses of cheap infantry and insanely destructive warmachines.

As for Lizardmen. You're best of working as two distinct armies. You can both focus on the same thing, but don't expect any synergies that you wouldn't be able to create just by playing Dark Elves on their own.

But you should utilize Slann's access to Lores of Magic other than ours, Life comes to mind especially if the tournament rules will allow Slann to augment Dark Elven units (again, going by BRB rules, Slann would only be able to augment Lizardmen)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Pjeos
Executioner

Post by Pjeos »

Oh sorry, I forgot to tell, the alliances are pretty simplified and work as follows:

- Each army has its own BSB and General and can't use the allied ones
- PD and DD are shared, but not divided (may use them as we wish)
- Magic may be used to enhance allied troops
- Characters may not join allied units

Other than that, the torunament format is ignoring all "official" alliance rules.

So, I've been going through both armies and...as you all say, there's little sinergy between both. The only scary combo that I've found (at 1500 points each) is:

-Supreme Sorceress: Death Lore, Sacrificial Dagger
-Slann: Death Lore, Bane head, Feedback Scroll

Bane head, in case you don't know the item, is that item that causes non saved wounds inflicted by the owner on the target character to double. The idea is to use it on their Lvl4/Hierophant/Vampire Lord and just harass him with Spirit Leech and Caress of Laniph and the moment they cast a big spell, Feedback Scroll, which does make use of the Bane head.

We should be able to completely dominate the magic phase and get a lot of points from characters while using double Soulblight and/or double Doom and Darkness to support the rest of the army.

What do you think?

Which other Lores would you combine?
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I suppose for me the main synergy of lizardmen and dark elves would be the toughness of lizardmen could help provide an even more robust anvil for the dark elves than usual. A bit unit of T4 lizards - armoured as much as possible - arranged in ranks of 5 could be very tasty for holding fast forever.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Infekted
Trainee Warrior

Post by Infekted »

I think I'd go with the traditional shadow sac dagger sorc and life slann.
Leaves you a bit light on nukes, but is buff/debuff crazy...

A sac dagger sorc and a slann on the same side sounds horrific in all honesty... Your magic phase is going to be insane. Just give your sorc plenty of bodies to chop up. You will need them.

Although is your partner going to be able to afford a slann at 1500 points? Thought they ran at about 500 points ish?
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Slans start at 275, for 375 you can get something nice.
Also known as Kanadian
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

PjEOs wrote:Other than that, the torunament format is ignoring all "official" alliance rules.

Which is a good thing. The official rules are completely unsuited for tournaments.

Bye
Thanee
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Unsuited for tournaments but not bad. I actually really like them.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Pjeos
Executioner

Post by Pjeos »

Hi there,

Been busy for a time. The tourney is next Saturday, 14 couples so far, lots of bad guys: Daemons, Vampire Counts, WoC and DE make 14 of the 28 armies. I know most of the players, there will be several skilled veterans as well as a few enthusiast rookies coming from different parts of the country yay this will be fun x).

Regarding the Slaan, as Killerk has said, Slaans cost 275 and we can invest up to 100 points to buff him up. We're thinking of making him the BSB and giving him 1 "power" and 1 arcane item, maybe a Dispell Scroll or something, dunno, that should do the trick.

Well, I'll try to post a report of the tourney with some pics.

Salu2