The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

My first list as a member of TLoEDG is here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=69920

C&C from my fine fellow companions is warmly welcomed and encouraged :D

Quick query about the criteria of TLoEDG while I'm here - does it exclude Dreadlords in Chariots?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Red... wrote:P.S. I want to be like the cool kids, so I guess that dreadlord pegasus rider is going to become a master. Count me in.

:lol: HAHAHA that made me laugh rather too loudly :D Yes - because I consider myself too COOL not to join this concept! I do wonder however as the days turn to months, which ones of us will have given in to the urges and which ones will pretend to who have not and finally who among us will continue to uphold our honour and integrity! Only time and honest can tell ;) So erm, I'll be lasting approximately one week then? :lol:

As for the Dreadlord chariot dilema, In my humble opinion (IMHO) I think as long as you do not use the PoK or the Crown of Command together (and preferably neither) then I'm ok with it, though the whole concept is Lord Tsunami's so I think he should decide on that one.

The Battle report forum is in need of a lot of 8th edition love: I genuinely believe that people can learn more from Bat Reps than almost any other forum: its the proof to theoryhammer and the test for army lists as well as theoretical tactic ideas, the more the bat reps the better I think!

@ PjEOs (I'm curious about what does your user name stand for? :P) I think that list definitely does not look 'hard core' but is nicely rounded and as you said should probably prove to be a fairly gentle experience for your opponent: you've not taken much advantage of any of the disgusting combos that druchii can pack out with certain unit/special ability/spell combos but without punching yourself either: Cauldron + Knights = nice unit and flexible due to having 2 of them, Shadow + Warriors = nice combo but not mental because the units aren't huge. I'd say thats a great start to the gentlemanly tradition!
I am glad to hear that this idea has given you the chance to try a listen you've had in mind for a while, but not real reason to have a crack with so good on you my man! I haven't tried ETC rules myself yet but I shall have to check it out as they seem to certainly make it harder to make WAAAC lists (I never really knew what WAAAC stood for aside from it to mean 'cheese' - does it mean Worryingly Angry And Annoying Crud?) which can only be a good thing right?

Ok I'm waffling, sorry - I'll stop before I write another essay. Oh wait...
Eldria
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Eldria »

Having never taken any kind of dreadlord ever I support this initiative.

Of course I don't actually play Dark Elves so i support a move to taking no dark elves at all ;)
A High Elf and Demon player lurking with his darker friends.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Eldria wrote:Having never taken any kind of dreadlord ever I support this initiative.

Of course I don't actually play Dark Elves so i support a move to taking no dark elves at all ;)

This suggestion may not win many fans in this particular forum but you are welcome to try and convince us :) .
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

@red
well, i wouldnt count it as non-gentleman like assuming he isnt any type of "unkillable roadblock". i mean the initiative isnt meant to ban dreadlords, buts the stereotpe unkillable and/or stubborn ones.
Pjeos
Executioner

Post by Pjeos »

Hi there,

@Dangerous Beans:

My nick is: Pj -> first letters of my name and surname + EOs which is the abrebiation of Elfos Oscuros, Dark Elves in spanish.

As for WAAC, it stands for "Win at all costs", meaning "autoplay" lists, no brainers, cheesy, all that stuff.

As for the list, the games a way more "light" in the sense that there's a lot less tension and opponents are more willing to go easy because the list isn't as nasty as DE can be. Also, not having a reliable roadblock to rely on sharpens one's ability to dominate in the movement/combat phase, makes it all a bit more difficult, it all becomes a bit more challenging. That's a rather nice innovation in the routine warhammer had become for me lately.

Salu2
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Red... wrote:We need to send an expedition of Warhammer players to Brest.
I suggest the week 13-19 July 2012.
http://www.lestonnerresdebrest2012.fr/en

...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~

.........~
.-.~.|).~
../|).|).|)\
.L |).|).|) \
.4EEEEEEEE/¨
~~~~~~~~~~~
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

First LoTEDG game today - 2,500 points versus Empire.

I won, with a total loss of 55 points (what did those two poor remaining little harpies ever do to deserve getting 10 hits worth of grapeshot in the face?). Of course, my opponent is one I've beaten innumerable times and who never seems to learn basic warhammer lessons (no matter how hard I try), so it wasn't a huge shock. But still, a victory is a victory :)

I'll give more details tomorrow, it's late now...

Ironically, my Pegasus Master build (Cloak of HG and Dawnstone) is actually probably more unkillable than my old Dreadlord Pegasus build (Dawnstone, Armour of Eternal Servitude and Whip of Agony). But those be the League rules, and I stick to them :)

P.S. Calisson, that event actually looks really cool, thanks for pointing it out :D

P.P.S. "Worryingly Angry And Annoying Crud" is definitely what WAAC should stand for 8)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Red, I think Im going to try out the COHG and Dawn Stone build, no idea why I never thought of it before! It seems really solid. 8)
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Yeah, I think others have used it before, but for some reason I never cottoned onto it until I signed up for this League.

I ran it in a game I played yesterday. My Pegasus Master and 4 harpies charged a unit of 20 Empire Crossbowmen (the harpies needed to charge something, as they were in the way of my Cold One Knights). I accidentally declared both at once, so allowed him to pick which he would stand and shoot at. An observer suggested he target the Pegasus Master. I tried to suggest this might not be the best idea, but to no avail:

- 20 shots, hitting on sixes. He hit me with a statistically impressive 5.
- 3 hits, wounding on 5s (as they were now S2). He wounded me with another statistically suprising 3 wounds.
- First save, on 2s, saved two of them.
- Second save, on 2s, saved that one too.

I did try to warn him :D

Don't be a munchkin?

Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

Red your post reminds me of when I first tossed the idea out there for the BSB build for dark elves. Smiles that build is now named after me, North America legend Jordan Braun called the bsb the "Chris BSB" guess what my first name is LOL.
Master on peggy dawnstone, cloak of hag grief. Such a lovely nasty combo.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Not to lay claim or anything (and sadly it wasn't even my personal combo but its one I'm currently testing in my list) but I think I might have been one of the ones that Red saw this master first, alas as I say it wasn't my personal creation but...

A high elf player's... My friend Eldria (he's around here on druchii atm - see earlier in this thread) was the genius that decided to combo the 2 items. Frankly I wasn't convinced, until it took 2 bolts of change (one was 8 hits at S10 the other was 9 hits at S7), and 32 flamer shots attempting to kill my bsb... But he took not a single wound!
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

Lord Tsunami wrote:@red
well, i wouldnt count it as non-gentleman like assuming he isnt any type of "unkillable roadblock". i mean the initiative isnt meant to ban dreadlords, buts the stereotpe unkillable and/or stubborn ones.

Well I have wanted to join this initiative from day one, as much like Red I do not like the Unkillableness of the common DL.

My problem is I have spent so much time converting a DL on a peggy that now I want to use him! (and he does NOT look like a master...)

I typically run him with black amulet, Soulrender, and OTT. He has a 3+ save with a 4+ ward. He dies often if I treat him like the "roadblock" variety, but can do a lot of damage if used strategically.

So I suppose I am still disqualified as I like my peggy rider to be a DL, but I guess I am not the worst of the bunch :P
Army Plog Below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=63015

Scratch Built Druchii Tower:
http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67976&highlight=

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Tzelok wrote:So I suppose I am still disqualified as I like my peggy rider to be a DL, but I guess I am not the worst of the bunch"
NAAAAAAH In my eyes you're allowed in - your combo doesn't have either the crown of command or pendent so I'd be down with it - as long as you show us some pictures of your model!! :D
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

So I suppose I am still disqualified as I like my peggy rider to be a DL, but I guess I am not the worst of the bunch Razz

only you know what your pride is worth :P

ill tell ya what. show us pics of said dreadlord and we may be inclined to let him slip passed if you give your word as a gentleman that he is pretty much an ordinary character and no roadblock :D
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

I just made a list I might use at a tournament (for "fun") which don't have that crown of command dreadpeg... however, it's 1 dreadlord on pegasus and 3 masters on pegasuses... all have 1+ or 2+ armor 2 of them have wardsave as well... this is for 2k points where I only have 3x8 dark riders, 2x war hydras and 10 cold one knights too, so it's quite a flimsy list.

I am no gentleman for sure, but still not breaking this codex :twisted:
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

Dangerous Beans wrote:as long as you show us some pictures of your model!! :D

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/ ... dlord1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/ ... dlord2.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/ ... dlord3.jpg

Not optimal pictures, but you get the jist. The pegasus is Archaon's horse with the standard DP wings. The rider is a combo of the dark eldar Archon model, COK legs, Manflayer sword arm, a random cloak from my bits box and a fair bit of green/brown stuff.
Army Plog Below:

Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

That is a sweet looking model indeed! I personally wouldnt mind using him as a master, but if you want him as a dreadlord i understand. I am sure that your word as a gentleman that you wont use him as an unkillable roadblock will be enough. When i invented the rules, i had to keep it simple, but the spirit of the thing is: dont use unfair characters that no one else can build ;)

You could even compensate for this bending of the rules by not using other things like the dagger, or doubble hydra just to be sure. The spirit of the thing should be that you should win with skills and not overpowered character builds. Just think about how we gentlemen will handle the new book (be it far off or not) when the pendant will go away. We will just laugh and keep on owning :D
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Lord Tsunami wrote:Just think about how we gentlemen will handle the new book (be it far off or not) when the pendant will go away. We will just laugh and keep on owning
We need a 'Like' button on D.net ;)

Tzelok - that model is superbe! Particularly the rider! what torso/legs did you use for him? I think sadly the only part of the model I am not so keen on is the wings - something like the vampire counts abyssal terror wings would suit it better I think? Great work none the less! Keep us updated as he gets painted!
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Looks great Tzelok.

Personally I'll go for the prepainted: http://mlp.imagesofher.com/pictures/HAS14896.jpg
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

That brought a smile to my face. Thanks Omnichron :D

Don't be a munchkin?

Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

Lord Tsunami wrote:You could even compensate for this bending of the rules by not using other things like the dagger, or doubble hydra just to be sure. The spirit of the thing should be that you should win with skills and not overpowered character builds. Just think about how we gentlemen will handle the new book (be it far off or not) when the pendant will go away. We will just laugh and keep on owning :D

Amen Tsunami, I guess I am an Extrodinary Druchii Gentleman afterall!
I have never used the dagger, nor double hydra. I try not to use Shadow Lore and if I do I always default mindrazor to the signature spell.

@Dangerous Beans - Thank for your kind words. The torso is the Dark Eldar Archon clipped at the waist and brown/greenstuffed to modified COK legs. I agree with you on the wings, but I am on a budget and those wings were already in the old bitz box :P I will update my PLOG soon once I persuade my friend with an SLR to come take some pictures.

@Omnichron - BAHAHHAHAHHA you just made me laugh SO hard at work, and now my coworkers are looking at me like "why the hell did you google search my little pony". Classic.
Army Plog Below:

Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Wonderful conversion, Tzelok. Brilliant sense of dynamism and power from the steed combined with a stylish and menacing dreadlord :)
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Eldria
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Eldria »

Well as long as I'm helping beanz test the death of a thousand cuts list I guess i'll join the league.

Thats a weird feeling >.>
A High Elf and Demon player lurking with his darker friends.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Eldria wrote:Thats a weird feeling >.>
What, helping somebody? Dammit - WE are supposed to be the dark elves Tom, not some Asur turning up to show us military discipline! :P

Anyway on topic again, I'd love to hear more about your black amulet wielding dark flying horseman of death! (you should call him that!), how has he been getting on and could you shed some more light about how you use him/combo with the rest of your army list?