Dagger of Hotek underrated?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kajchi
Dark Rider

Dagger of Hotek underrated?

Post by Kajchi »

So I was leafing through the army book looking for some fun combos, when I stumbled upon the dagger of hotek.

Now at first glance it doesn't seem that good. 30 points for ASF and an extra attack because of the additional hand weapon. But then I started thinking, ANY additional mundane hand weapon.

Beastmaster's scourge.

Now let's see what we get (for a total of 36 points)
ASF
+1 attack because dagger is an additional hand weapon
+1 attack because of beastmasters scourge
and armour piercing

To me this seems a pretty decent setup for a low point master, and if you want you can always give him gambler's armour and maybe a mount for some extra security.

I realise it might not beat the cheesy master builds out there, but I think it could be a fun, refreshing and versatile option for your hero choice.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Kajchi on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

the beastmaster scourge is not a hand weapon. handweapons are the weapons that you get basic. otherwise all mundane weapons could give you a parry save (but its only with a hand weapon). hand weapons are explained somewhere in the weapon section.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I think that the Dark Elf FAQ changed the Beastmasters Scourge from a hand weapon to 'a special close combat weapon' rather than a 'hand weapon.'

Could be misunderstanding it though.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

oh <insert appropriate curse word>!

You're right.

Abort thread.