New book, new start! Character ideas for lower level games?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

WarlordEXE
Trainee Warrior

New book, new start! Character ideas for lower level games?

Post by WarlordEXE »

So with new book probably going to do some low level games (like warbands low....500-1000pts). Wondering on cheap character builds. Traditionally I usually did lvl 2 sorc with ToF who doubled as general, and maybe full mundane master bsb if its 1000 pts. Not so sure now as what made lvl 2 ToF work IMHO was having three spells (which was really powerful for low level games). Now i'm not sure if I should bother with sorcs, or maybe just a level 2 with darkness, and some kind of kitted master for general. which would then raise the question what should I give him, and what unit should he hide in? not to keen on corsair CC blocks anymore as they wont get frenzy banner, and hiding a general in a MSU unit seems like bad news bears.
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Re: New book, new start! Character ideas for lower level gam

Post by Drasanil »

Could use a unit of 5 warlocks to fill up your wizarding at lower points games. Level 2 mages, come with Doombolt and Soulblight, which should be rather nasty with the smaller model count. As for a general, IIRC basic master with something like Sword of Might, 5++ talisman, shield, SDC and heavy armour in an infrantry blob. Strength 5, 2+/5++ save is pretty ok.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Re: New book, new start! Character ideas for lower level gam

Post by Poisonblade »

I like a Master on Dark Peggy with the Cloak and a Halberd or GW (depends how much you want those rerolls). If you want to save points, he's not bad on a Dark Steed either. He wouldn't fit in 500 point games though.

I think Warlocks are amazing. I agree with Drasanil about them. At 1000 points, I think I'd try to squeeze in a level 2 with Dark, but below that Warlocks can do the job.
Hate is my weapon.