Doomfire Warlocks in a Cult of Slaanesh?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Danbob87
Slave (off the Altar)

Doomfire Warlocks in a Cult of Slaanesh?

Post by Danbob87 »

Ok, so I play with a fluffy Cult of Slaanesh army and with the advent of the new book I've found myself lacking in the rare choices department after my lovingly converted (mutated) hydra moved to special.

My question is this, what do people think about Warlocks and whether they'd hang around with the Cult? I'm a little conflicted on the subject, as while sacrificing innocent souls to Slaanesh would probably be easier in like minded company, something at the back of my mind keeps saying that Cult members might be more likely to speed the Warlocks journey to Slaaneshi damnation with a knife in the back.

Any thoughts?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Doomfire Warlocks in a Cult of Slaanesh?

Post by Calisson »

Slaanesh is probably in no hurry, being certain of the warlock's ultimate fate is surely enough.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Most Slaaneshi types are interested in prolonging sensations, particularly extreme ones. While I can see them deliberately stealing a few of the Warlocks' victims "for the evulz", killing the Warlocks would arguably be a slight to their lord. I would've thought that the Cultists would know that the Warlocks were doomed to suffer Slaanesh's embrace (with the heartfelt agonies that would accompany the ever-present feeling of the Dark Prince tugging on your soul), or would delight in the slow torments inflicted on their victims.

Either way, the Cult of Slaanesh is not so bloodthirsty or violent as Khainites or Khorne worshippers - they're basically sense freaks with no upper threshold for depravity. Fighting alongside desperate Warlocks would be a new sensation for most (if for no other reason than that the Warlocks are an entirely new addition to the army). Knowing their torment would be a delight, and the prospect would probably amuse and entertain the Cultists enough that killing the Warlocks would be depriving themselves of a degree of sick pleasure.

TL, DR - No, I think the Warlocks would do just fine in a Cult of Slaanesh army.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Maybe even some warlocks have embraced their destiny and decided to fight for a better ending as they already are doomed.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Danbob87
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Danbob87 »

Thanks guys, niggling doubt assuaged, now its just a question of how many warlocks...
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

I thinks Doomfire Warlocks fit very well in a Cult of Slaanesh army.

The warlocks are doomed from the get go....and Slaanesh can easily take their souls as it is...but he has made a bargain with them.
You give me one innocent soul everyday...and I will let you live for now..and might even protect you a bit.
Ofcourse he will never protect them from beings totally in has favour.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Lysanthyr
Shade

Post by Lysanthyr »

I know this is slightly off topic and not sure if it has been brought up elsewhere, but since the Warlocks only know the two spells, would they be considered Bound Spells with a power level equal to base casting cost? I ask this because, while reading the BRB FAQ on GW site, I saw that Bound Spells from a particilar Lore of Magic retain the Lore Attribute, there for would give us a chance to get bouth Dark and Death bonuses for casting, i.e. more damage ans extra dice.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

They're not bound spells, warlocks are level 2 wizards that know two spells.

If they were bound spells then the rule that gives warlocks +1 to cast for each rank after first would be pointless as bound spells can't be modified by caster's level etc.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The spell's respective attributes are activated, for sure.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Danbob87 wrote:Thanks guys, niggling doubt assuaged, now its just a question of how many warlocks...

All of them.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Danbob87 wrote:Thanks guys, niggling doubt assuaged, now its just a question of how many warlocks...

I am keen to do a Slaanesh theme, and will be add warlocks, as many as I can.
Although Witches are Khainites, I think they would fix nicely along side Slaanesh, scantily clad chics with daggers, whats not Slaanesh about that?

What is your cult of Slaanesh composed of?
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
Danbob87
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Danbob87 »

I have a block of spears and some witch elves (or devotees of slaanesh as they were called in the storm of chaos book), cok converted to be on steeds of slaanesh, a couple of sorceresses (one on a boobed snake as a counts as pegasus), a chariot, which is just the seeker chariot with elven crew and a hydra that I converted to look like it's being gradually mutated into a slaaneshi beast thing. I'm currently working on a cob, I just couldn't resist putting a kipper on the new kit. Most of this is in a half finished state cause I'm a hobby butterfly but I'm planning on posting it all here as I get it done. There's a little bit in the hobby section already if you're interested.