Looking for advice on deployment

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dragon9
Assassin

Looking for advice on deployment

Post by Dragon9 »

So, as the title says, looking for some advice on how I should look to deploy. Here's the list I'm thinking of:

Supreme Sorceress: General, lvl 4, Tome of Furion, Ring of Hotek

Death Hag: Cry of War, Cauldron of Blood, Ogre Blade

Master (Battle Standard Bearer): Repeater Crossbow, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Cloak of Twilight

21 Witch Elves: FC

3x 5 Dark Riders: Repeater Crossbow, Shield, Musician

25 Black Ark Corsairs: FC, Extra Hand Weapon
Bloodwrack Shrine

2x Kharibdyss

War Hydra: Fiery Breath

2x Reaper Bolt Thrower

Should I deploy a certain way and make my opponent react to it? Or should I line up my units according to what they put down? This is to be used in a tournament. So for the competitive players out there, how would you handle this?
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Re: Looking for advice on deployment

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Could do with knowing which units you intend for your characters to be in (Death hag is fairly obvious!). Your BSB looks like he is internded to be on a mount, is this correct? He also has no weapon - is this correct too? What lore does your wizard intend on using? What tournament format is it?

I can give you a clearer response once I understand the context of your army list buddy :) Tell me a bit about why you chose certain units and what YOUR ideas of a battle plan look like, do you have any specific idea of how you'll deal with a particular race or 'stereotyped' army (eg. a gunline, lizardmen skink swarm etc)
Dragon9
Assassin

Re: Looking for advice on deployment

Post by Dragon9 »

Yes, Hag on cauldron in WE. Sorc (dark) and BSB in corsairs with shrine. Was thinking of having the monsters run along side the two tower blocks for hitting flanks. BSB is just rocking HW & shield. DR and Reapers for chaff clearing and cannon hunting.

It's an uncomped tourney. 3 rounds with slightly modified standard scenarios. My first tourney ever. List changes are appreciated too. I have the monsters in because I have them and I don't have the money to get enough execs or BG, so they're providing the punch.

Link for the scenarios used: http://cincycon.org/docs/CincyCon%20201 ... 0Rules.pdf
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image