Empire, Demons, or Ogres...

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

gamerlocke
Slave (off the Altar)

Empire, Demons, or Ogres...

Post by gamerlocke »

I need a little help form the group here. I just entered a group of players with a nice fun challenge pyramid setup and I need to figure out who to challenge first. I am pretty much an amateur Dark Elf/Warhammer player but I have already played my first 2500 point game against Ogres (horrible loss with 5 mis-casts and two mis-fired purple suns later). Still fun though. I'll give you a brief description of my list and as I've never played against either of these players, I don't really know what to expect, except that I hear the ogre player likes to run Ogre-star.

I'd like to win one but I'd also like to just have a fun game with someone based on this army (can't change much due to limited models owned). If you had to choose, who would it be?

Lords
  • Supreme Sorceress - Dark Pegasus, Power Scroll, Talisman of Presesrvation

Heroes
  • Death Hag - BSB, Witchbrew, CoB
  • Master - Dark Pegasus, Heavy Armor, SDC, Shield, Lance, Cloak of Twilight

Core
  • Witch Elves x 30 - FC, Razor Standard
  • Dark Riders x 5 - Musician, Light Armor, Shield
  • Darkshards x 10 - Standard, Banner of Eternal Flame, Shield
  • Darkshards x 10 - Shield

Special
  • Executioners x 25 - FC, Banner of Swiftness
  • Shade x 6 - Great Weapon, Light Armor
  • Repeater Bolt Thrower

Rare
  • Doomfire Warlocks x 5
  • Kharibdyss
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Empire, Demons, or Ogres...

Post by Thraundil »

Your army has the potential to, with careful maneuvering and not too agressive play, win games. Especially vs list types such as ogres. (All ogres run ogre star, the army really is built for it). Just dont rush blindly forward with the witch elves, as the forced overruns can really hamper your day - and remember to place your fliers out of sight from cannons in the early turns, until you are ready to make your move all over the board at once! Never give him just one shooting target. Thats easy for him. Present a deadly flank from your pegmaster, a big witch elf / executioner charge, and a purple sun threat down his centre ;)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

Your list in general has the potential to really pose some serious threat to all of his armies.

Not knowing what the Empire army will bring, which could be anything from 1+ AS core units to all out gun-line... this might be the most difficult opponent for you.
So if you don;t have to fight him it will be for the best.

Your lists should be able to tackle either the Daemons or the Ogres...but personally I believe that the Ogres have a better chance against Empire. Both have cannons. Both have shooting... Ogres have loads of high strength attacks..... My advice let the Ogres beat up Empire...and hope they win.

Your first opponent will then be Daemons.
Try to find out if your opponent favours Nurgle; Slaanesh; Khorne or Tzeentch. And if you need any advice let us know.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
gamerlocke
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by gamerlocke »

So as it turns out, I challenged the Daemons to a match and they ended up forfeiting due to life situations. The Empire, Ogres, and Daemons were all on the same tier as our challenge pyramid so they were unable to challenge each other. It was only me who was deciding who I wanted to challenge. And now, I don't have to worry about it because I am now also on the same tier as the Empire and Ogres. So it worked out for the best, even though I didn't get a game in (which is sad). Also, I'm a real fan of the rules they came up with (or stole from somewhere). Is there a good place in the forum to post them for others? They're explained so well that I'd want to share them with others.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

gamerlocke wrote: Is there a good place in the forum to post them for others? They're explained so well that I'd want to share them with others.

"Ideas Forum" is pretty much made for that sort of content.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360