DE 2000pts

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tharashar
Warrior

DE 2000pts

Post by Tharashar »

This is the current list I use. I would like to improve it so plz give it a bit critique (don´t know how it´s spelled:P).

1 Sorceress @ 187 Pts
Magic Level 2
Darkstar Cloak [20]
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Dark Steed @ [0] Pts

1 Noble @ 191 Pts
General; Lance; Repeating Crossbow; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield

1 Cold One Chariot @ [95] Pts

1 Crew @ [0] Pts

2 Cold One @ [0] Pts

1 Assassin @ 175 Pts
Manbane [25]
Rune of Khaine [25]

5 Dark Riders @ 127 Pts
Spear; Repeating Crossbow; Light Armour; Musician

5 Dark Steed @ [0] Pts

19 Warriors @ 185 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Lordling @ [10] Pts

12 Warriors @ 144 Pts
Repeating Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield

6 Cold One Knights @ 248 Pts
Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Dread Knight @ [18] Pts

7 Cold One @ [0] Pts

6 Shades @ 84 Pts
Repeating Crossbow

1 War Hydra @ 220 Pts

2 Apprentice @ [0] Pts
2ndWeapon

15 Black Guard @ 261 Pts
Halberd; Heavy Armour; Standard; Musician

14 Executioners @ 183 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Musician

1 Draich-master @ [12] Pts

Casting Pool: 5

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 87

Total Army Cost: 2005

plz comment
Honour the Craft of Death
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

I'll rewrite the list, because it's very hard to read when you just copy from
army builder.

Characters

Level 2 Sorceress = 187 Pts
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll
Dark Steed

Noble = 191 Pts
[General] Lance; Repeating Crossbow; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield
Cold One Chariot

Assassin = 175 Pts
Manbane
Rune of Khaine

Core

5 Dark Riders = 127 Pts
Repeating Crossbow; Musician

20 Warriors = 185 Pts
Shield; Standard; Musician; Lordling

12 Warriors = 144 Pts
Repeating Crossbow; Shield

Special

7 Cold One Knights = 248 Pts
Standard; Musician; Dread Knight

6 Shades = 84 Pts

14 Executioners = 183 Pts
Musician; Draich-master

Rare

War Hydra = 220 Pts

15 Black Guard = 261 Pts
Standard; Musician

Dispel Pool: 3
Models in Army: 87
Total Army Cost: 2005

Just a few questions:

1: Do you really need 20 spearmen, 16 could do the same job. Also, do you need the lordling?
2: Why a crossbow on the noble?
3: Why no extra hand weapon for the assassin?
4: Why 7 knights? 5 or 6 is easier to manuever and cheaper. Also, do you need the command on them?
5: Why 14 Executioners? How do you plan on ranking them up?

Getting another Sorceress (with Tome and scroll) would help (maybe in place of the assassin?). Also, getting the Seal of Ghrond on the noble would help your magic defense a lot. So would another dark rider unit (points gotten from dropping a few knights and their command?).
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Tharashar
Warrior

Post by Tharashar »

I´m sorry that I didn´t rewroted it but I was in a hurry. Now I have the time to do it. I will make some changes from your advices to.

1.I have never tested with only 16spearelves so I guess it isn´t a necissity with 20.Maybe I dont need the lordling either.

2.I wanted to have some extra shooting but when I think of it now it seems idiotic...

3.I have written it wrong..my apologies..

4.Most for the extra US. I have command on them so they don´t need to be supported.

5. 14 execs+Draichmaster and they will be ranked 3*5

Thanks for the advices Mædhros!
I couldn´t find the points for the DR from the COK and I thought that the seal is more important. I´m too fond of my assassin to kick him.But of course I do it against magic heavy armies.

Here is the revision:
Noble
General; Lance; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield
Seal of Ghrond
Cold One Chariot

Sorceress
Magic Level 2
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll
Dark Steed

Assassin
2ndWeapon
Manbane
Rune of Khaine

5 Dark Riders
Spear; Repeating Crossbow; Light Armour; Musician

16 Warriors Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Full command

12 Warriors
Repeating Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield

6 Cold One Knights
Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Full Command

6 Shades
Repeating Crossbow

15 Executioners
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour;Champion and musician

1War Hydra

15 Black Guard @ 275 Pts
Halberd; Heavy Armour; Full command

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 83

Total Army Cost: 2006

Do you think I´m allowed to have 2006pts in a 2000pts army

Thanks again
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

That looks better, and is much easier to read.

I didn't realize that there were 15 executioners, that would explain.

The seal is more important, although the DR unit would help a lot too.

Another question, do you find 5 power dice to be an effective number? I've tried that combination, but found that I ended up casting chillwind on an extra die. Maybe another scroll or the black staff would be more effective?
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Malekith, the witch king
Warrior

Post by Malekith, the witch king »

Your units, seem awfully small, and your actual ground coverage isn't much Id suggest removing the hydra until a later date and putting in some harpies to stop the enemy march and a High born instead of a Noble along with considering putting him in a unit of black guard on foot ^^ as if the chariot gets hit by summin hard, its gunna just crumble.
Malificant
Highborn

Post by Malificant »

i would drop the BG musician, and some other points(like that odd CoK) for a BG master.
Lethalis wrote:Large units in general are not very advisable for Elves in general. Generally, a general knows that Elves in general are generally weak and have low armour to sport, and Executioners follow this general trend.
Malekith, the witch king
Warrior

Post by Malekith, the witch king »

Oh yea, I agreed
i would drop the BG musician, and some other points(like that odd CoK) for a BG master.

with stubborn, its kind of a waist of points, (even though i use it anyway just cos its there and represented :P)
Mirz do ordas
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mirz do ordas »

I would drop out banner and champ in BG, the musc is nice after a failed panic, but banner and champ are wasted IMHO.

about being allowed 2006 pts in 2000? no, of course not, maybye in a frienldy one, but not in a tourney, it is not like you could else not make the minumum requirements for units, just drop the SDC of the noble (for example).
When my opponent agrees on a rule, I must have been wrong
Malificant
Highborn

Post by Malificant »

i would keep the master. BG are nice to have an extra attack in the front rank. also nice for issuing challenges if that nasty charactor with a bizzilion attacks hits you. you lose combat, stubborn nine, only one guy dead, you are likely striking first next round.
Lethalis wrote:Large units in general are not very advisable for Elves in general. Generally, a general knows that Elves in general are generally weak and have low armour to sport, and Executioners follow this general trend.
Tharashar
Warrior

Post by Tharashar »

Yes I think it´s a good idea to keep the master but the standard and musician does´nt seem so important.
But can 5 COK fight on their own without any support?
And If I remove the chariot what shall I go for?
1 unit DR?
1 highborn?
1 high sorceress?
or something else?

What do you guys think?

And Mædhros with 5PD I usually try to cast Black horror or Dominion and Chillwind or doombolt.Hmm maybe it´s a good idea with the staff

any other suggestions?
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

A few points to go with some of the stuff already mentioned:

- Just one chariot can be a problem: stupidity and no redundancy being the main two but also the way your general gets out of the safety of the chariot if challenged (I don't understand the logic but hey, I don't write the rules). So I would suggest either another chariot or drop this one. If you have two you can run them close together to share the general's leadership to help avoid the stupidity;

- You have two "heavy hitters" in there with the Black Guard and the Execs. I would consider only one of these, due to the expense, and use the points to get another unit of warriors and then boost the rest of the army. If you have any spare points then the warbanner is good value;

- the full command or not is one of those questions that seems to come down to personal choice. As a guide I would suggest that the main combat units could benefit (from the +1 CR and the champion if you want to deflect challenges or draw off a big bad character) whilst the support units (like the rxb warriors who should mainly be targetted for flanks etc) could do without them;

- a lvl2 sorc is neither one thing or the other. She can't really be offensive and may be unnecessary points if she is defensive. You could drop her to a lvl1 with 2 scrolls (give the seal to another character) or try to get another lvl2 (or higher) to go with her. This is going to depend on whether you want magic heavy or light; and

- How are you feeling about the Hydra? Which leads on to the bigger question of how do you like to play? Are you defensive/offensive? What sort of record do you have with the current set up? If you give us some of this background we can be more specific in our comments.

cheers

Sha'a'alaar
Tharashar
Warrior

Post by Tharashar »

Maybe I should kick the noble in chariot in exchange for a cheap High sorceress.What you says about 2 chariots or none sounds logical and worth some thinking.

Yes I have 2 heavy hitters but I like them both, sure they are expensive but I find them worth their cost.

Hmm my sort of playing..I'm offensive as most of the Druchii players out here. I like to have steady infantery blocks to confront the enemy with and I always try to win the combat resolution not the combat. I do this with support from for example the hydra and the COKs to win combat and make the enemy auto flee.

In magic I usually most use Dark magic. I mean it´s made only for us dark elves and some of the spells in it i s awesome (chillwind,dominion for an example).

It was hard to write these things most because that I´ve only played a 15 games and also because that my tactics usually changes during different battles. But I hope you have some use for it after all.

cheers

Tharashar
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Sounds like you're doing pretty well on the tabletop (and here in a foreign language - a lot better than I would do :) ).

It sounds like you are quite comfortable with your army on the whole so I would suggest that you don't make rash changes. Instead why not give each of the options a fair trial (e.g. a high sorc and a lvl2; or a Highborn in COC with 2nd COC).

What you shouldn't do, and it sounds like you wont, is chop and change all the time.

Have fun gaming

Sha'a'alaar
Tharashar
Warrior

Post by Tharashar »

I´m not really an expert gamer (even if I wish so :P) but sure I win more than I lose. I think you are right when you say that the best I can do is to not chop and change all the time. And get more experiences before I try something new
I´ll test the different lords and see who I like most.

Thx for the advises Sha'a'laar and you others too.

cheers

Tharashar