2250 DE Hybrid

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Olaf_ironfoot
Noble

2250 DE Hybrid

Post by Olaf_ironfoot »

After bringing my previous List to the OFCC, I was pretty happy with it. I finished with three wins, two losses, and a hard fought draw. Looking back at the games, I can't really say that my magic won me any of the games. Seeing as I had many points invested in the High Sorceress and Wand of Kharaidon, I dropped them, and worked up a hybrid of my previous list.

Highborn on Steed- Gauntlet, Crown of Black Iron, HA, Shield, SDC
Noble on Steed- Deathmask, Halberd, HA, Shield, SDC
BSB on Steed- Sword of Might, Seal of Ghrond, HA, SDC
Caddy
23 Spears- Full Command, Shields
10 RXB- Shields, Musician
5 Dark Riders- Mus
5 Dark Riders- Mus, Standard
22 Corsairs- Full Command, War Banner
2 Chariots- Spears
10 Manflayers

18 Norse Marauders- Light Armor, Shields, Flails, Champion, Musician

2247 points, 4 dispel dice + 2 scrolls

The Caddy will go in the RXB's, BSB in the Spears(5x5). The Terror Noble will either go in the Corsairs(6x4) or the Dark Riders. The Highborn will be in a random unit. If the Terror Noble is with the DR, Highborn will go in the Corsairs.

I enjoy having the chariot buster in the list, and LD10 will be very handy as well.

Ideas? I'm always up for suggested changes of the list.[/url]
"I like women. I don't understand them, but I like them."
-Sean Connery
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I think it's a good list. Norse marauders are a good fit. And full ranks, unit standard, War Banner and BSB can make the corsairs a really nasty unit.

The only thing I really don't like is the Manflayers. They're ok, but I feel like this list could really use some harpies, and those manflayers are soaking up a lot of points.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

Interesting, never seen anything like it before. No magic and no rare choices eh?

I don't see this list working too well without Witch Elves,Executiioners, Cold Ones or Black Guard being left absent. I guess you have the Manflayers though and they can fight alright in CC.

I see how it could work...you do have a caddy...

Maybe put more effort into the presentation so it is easier to read and organised a bit better....

I like this list alot. It is light and fast like a true elf force, heck this would almost pass as a "rebel" high elf army if you fluffed it right.

I think you should try out frontages of 7 for your infantry units. I would make the Corsairs 3x7, the X-Warriors 13 strong with Shields, and the Manflayers only 7 strong, but with list I met actually recommend taking MORE of them!!! 13 would be cool.
Olaf_ironfoot
Noble

Post by Olaf_ironfoot »

Well, I gave the list a go tonight. Went up against Strigoi Vampire Counts. He had(from memory):
Strigoi Count- S6, regeneration, Summon Ghouls, 5+ ward. or something along those lines
Thrall- Flying, Hatred
Wight Lord- Not sure
Necromancer- Not sure
3(or 4) units of 5 Ghouls
2x5 Dire Wolves
2 Spirit Host
2x20 Grave Guard
2x20 Spears
3 Bats
1 Banshee

I made him come to me, with my Manflayers taking up station on a nearby hill to cover my flank. Early into the game, the Manflayers had eliminated two units of Ghouls and the Bats, snagging me +200 points when they took out the last of the Gouls and Bats in combat. On the other hand, his Spirit Hosts drew out my Norse Marauders, where I won combat(but only doing a wound through res). In the next turn, his Wight Lord charged out into the Norse, won combat, and ran them down. The Spirit Hosts hit the flank of a Chariot, and the Wight Lord wasn't quite able to make contact.

Following that, the Manflayers shot down the Wight Lord. The Chariot would stay in combat, making every ld8 test, until it was finally destroyed on the bottom of turn 6.

Elsewhere, the RXB's finished off the Dire Wolves, the Banshee wasn't doing much damage. The Terror Noble and Corsair/BSB combo took out a unit of Grave Guard. Later, the Noble got bagged by one of his units of Skeletons. He flew the Thrall into one of my Chariots, only to have me pass the break and slowly CR the thrall into dust.

The block of Spears, Highborn, and Chariot hit the Skeletons with the Count, winning combat. I managed two wounds on the Count, took a wound in return, and won combat. In the next round, I lost, nothing happened between our lords, but the Spearmen autobroke(Chariot held, thank god). In the final turn, he managed to heal his Count, only to have our Lords duke it out again, with me managing another two wounds and him managing to whiff. With the Manflayers in the flank, I won by a lot, but didn't manage to bring the unit below half strength.

Adding up the points, I managed a minor victory. It was a tough game, I really had to watch where I threw my scrolls and dispel dice. I'm very happy with how the combat characters are working out. That unit of Corsairs with the BSB is beefy, with a combat res of 7 or so starting out.
-Sean Connery
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Only two wizards? That's a brave VC player, especially since his list isn't very proactive. Those 2 GG blocks must've been hell to crack though. Good game! But do I understand correctly that his Wight Lord was not accompanying a unit? :shock:
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Olaf_ironfoot
Noble

Post by Olaf_ironfoot »

Oh, the Wight Lord was in one of the units of Grave Guard. He was forced to charge him out of the unit to help the Spirit Hosts break my Norse Marauders, which would have given them the sublime opportunity to roll my flank. The Hosts made it, the Lord did not, and he subsequently died.

I played games with one of the units of Grave Guard. The large Corsair unit, BSB, and Terror Noble were (surprisingly) able to bring down the other unit through sheer casualties and combat res.
-Sean Connery