2000 point DE list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dark apostle197
Corsair

2000 point DE list

Post by Dark apostle197 »

Dread Lord
Souldrender
Armor of Darkness
Pendant of Khaeleth 210

Lvl 2 sorceress
Tome of Furion
Seal of Ghrond 180

Lvl 2 sorceress
2 scrolls 185

10 Xbowmen 100

10 Xbowmen 100

5 Dark Riders
Xbow 110

5 Dark riders
xbows 110

18 black gaurd
Full com
Crimson Death
Standard of Hag Greaf 329

6 Cold One Knights
Champ, Banner
Null Talisman 217

6 shades w/ great weapons 108

Hydra 175

Hydra 175

Not sure about Cold One knights. Thinking of dropping them and maybe trying to get some warriors with an Assassin and FC and maybe warbanner by tweaking it around. Dropping a Hydra would definitely give points for that and harpies.
Comments?
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

two hydras is a bit savage. It was one combo i was contemplating but decided on more cold one knights

the first question is do you have any of this stuff already? Cause I know it can be annoying when you've just bought something for your army and then someone suggests changing it.

One thing i would definately add would be shields to the xbowmen.

I have two seperate lists, one labeled Hit and Run, themed on a raiding force, with dr, corsairs and shades with a big c1k unit and the other Glory of Khaine.
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Dark apostle197
Corsair

Only stuff I have ready are 5 Dark Riders (3.5 painted) and 10 xbowmen built and unprimed (so shields can be added).

If I drop Hydra what should I take? I don't like the idea of RBTs so won't use them.
Nazgual
Dark Rider

Post by Nazgual »

Two hydras is reely good, but some would call it a bit cheesy.

You can drop one and replace it with a unit of 20 spears, and give one of your sorceresses the sacrifial dagger, it makes your magic face a bit harder. And a unit of static CR is always good. Maybe give them the war banner.

Consider shadow on one of your sorceresses, unseen lurker is good, and with your lord steed of shaddows would be nice as well. The black guard does not need the lord that much. If you want him to go with the Black Guard try to give him the executioners axe and the blood armour, shield and sea dragon cloak.

The axe is realy good in a always strike first unit. Gives your lord a minimum of str 6 against toughness 3, but str 8 against toughness 4. And killingblow is always nice. The he can kill the units black guard will struggle against.
Dark apostle197
Corsair

I don't really like the dagger, but I think I may add the spears anyway.

Executioner's Axe seems cool but it takes a lot away from the lords survivabilty, so if anything survives it could hurt. Also, it doesn't give killing blow unless it was FAQed for being an executioner's axe?

I haven't really heard complaints about the other DE guy who brings two hydras, but it does seem mean. The one time I tried it out it killed white lion chariot and then flames White lions to like 9 guys, and then killed them all with flank charge (the handlers did something! :shock: )

Still not sure about COKs. Don't seem as cool without a COB. Prob the Wood Elf talking in me but seem to slow for the unnoticeable flank support.
Connz
Warrior

Post by Connz »

Like everyone is saying two hydras is a bit cheesy. Dropping one is a bright idea.There arent a great amount of models in the army. Replacing a hydra with a block 20 spears is a great way to add bulk to the army.

Your playing your sorceresses to defencively. I would put one dispel scroll on each sorceress ( 2 is usually enough and you have already done that, good :D ), kit one out with the sacrificial dagger for offense and the tome of furion on the other. Then they will be both aggressive and defencive. Asides that the list is peachy
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I actually like the list as it is, but if you wanted a unit of spears to hold the line with your black guard, they wouldn't be remiss.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Lord's 215, not 210.
Dark apostle197
Corsair

Yea I noticed the lord's point when I was looking at list. Didn't matter as I tried out the executioners axe. Only saw combat with a chariot (Which exploded) so not a great test.

Two hydras IS mean.

People used to complain about my WE because of the way they are forced to be played... Maybe I should give them a reason to complain :P And our groups usually does try to be as competitive as possible without going too overboard so I may keep hydra.

I didn't like the COK knights. Might be because I played against somewhat defensive HE so they could not really get to combat without at least one round of three bolt throwers. Maybe drop them for Spears and harpies?

The dagger is only worth taking if I have warriors, which I don't, so if I do add them, I'll think about it, but I haven't had too much problems with magic in my games.

Thanks for the replies.
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

One of my two lists has a unit of C1K that can charge in with my lord of Chariot, adding etxra punch for the chariot and the lord is close enough to supply the knights with leadership.

I have a big unit in my other list led by a lord with the ring of darkness. I dunno how effective it will be but 1 way to find out.......test
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Gethsemane
Executioner

Post by Gethsemane »

Personally, I'd drop a unit of Xbowmen first, and give the others shields. This should be plenty of shooting, especially combined with my next suggestion.

Swap a Hydra for some RBTs. Not only will 2 Hydras likely get you hissed at, but you also lack a real way to take out a dragon, giant, etc. without relying on getting it into combat with your BG (or maybe a CoK charge).

Drop the Tome of Furion. With the defensive kit you've got, you probably won't miss it much. Plus, you'll want all the points you can get to

Fit in that spearmen block you want. Maybe scale back the CoK a little bit for some more room pointswise.

Alternatively, you could not add in the RBTs, still add the RxB shields, and use the Hydras points towards your Spearmen unit.
aka DarkTyrany22

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.