2250 Tournament List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Don zeko
Slave on the Altar

2250 Tournament List

Post by Don zeko »

This is the list I've put together for an upcoming tournament. I'm not sure exactly what the format or the scoring will be, so i'd like it to be competitive while still hoping to get decent composition scores. The list is also limited by the models that I have assembled and painted, so many good recommendations might get ignored becuase i don't have the time or the cash to buy more models.

Highborn
HA, SDC, Shield, Potion of Strength, Hydra Blade, Pendent of Khaeleth, Black Dragon: 575

Noble (in the Black Guard)
GW, Armor of Darkness, Ring of Hotek, BSB: 159

Sorceress
2x dispel scrolls

5 Dark Riders
RXBs, Musician: 117

5 Dark Riders
RXBs, Musician: 117

5 harpies: 55

25 Warriors
shields, full command: 190

Assassin
2hw, Mark of Khaine, Touch of Death: 151

Assassin
2hw, rending stars, manbane: 151

8 Shades
GW, Bloodshade: 162

18 Black Guard
FC, Crimson Death on champ and Banner of Hag Graef: 329

1 RBT: 100

So what does everyone think? The rough battle plan is to play aggressively with the light troops and dragon, trying to pick off mages, warmachines, or units that I can beat with flank charges, then support the BG and warriors to push their heavy hitters off of the board. The potion of strength on the dragon gives me a good option for those dragons/steam tanks/treeman ancients out there that are tough enough to give rest of the army trouble, and 2 dispel scrolls plus the ring should be plenty of magic defense.
Darkangel16
Black Guard

Post by Darkangel16 »

this list seems definitely competitive but very hard your comp scored may be low.

Overall it seems pretty solid, Caledors over hydra blade would give you 2 rounds of s7 but thats up to you really. More harpies never hurt good luck
Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

DarkAngel16 wrote:More harpies never hurt

Except your opponent obviously.

I like this list.

I'd personally drop the spearelves down to 20 and the shades to 7 to include 5 more harpies.

I'd change the touch of death assassin to manbane with rok, as so many characters have immune to kb.

That's it.
Mangara
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mangara »

I don't know if I would bother with one bolt thrower. I am going to assume the hydra is one of the models that you haven't painted/assembled but I think if you could find the 75 points(and maybe the model =P) a Hydra would add so much more to this list. 2 terror causers, 2 breath attacks and a pretty hefty tank/flanker.
Don zeko
Slave on the Altar

Post by Don zeko »

You guys guessed it; I don't own a hydra. I bought most of my models in 5th edition or early 6th edition, so the hydra wasn't happening. When I wrote the list the lone RBT was fighting for its spot with a unit of 10 RXB's, it got included because it's a little more versatile and is already painted to my satisfaction. Also, i only have the 5th edition crossbowmen. The same goes for that second harpy unit.

Dropping the spears down to 20 definitely may happen, though. I was thinking that a big rank bonus would be worthwhile with such cheap units; do you guys disagree? What better use do i have for 35 points(other than a second unit of harpies, of course)?