2250 points for coming battle (about 30 min. left)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Morholt
Beastmaster

2250 points for coming battle (about 30 min. left)

Post by Morholt »

Hi mates.

It will be quick and i hope for any advice, i will have battle in about half an hour, i dont really know with what opponent, orcs or khemri i suppouse. So if you have something to add please write it:

Master + Manticore + SDC, HA, Shield, Ring of Hotek, Sword of Might - General
Death Hag + Cauldron - BSB

10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen
25 Warriors + Shields + FCG + Warbanner
5 Harpies
5 Harpies
5 Riders + Shields
5 Riders + Shields

5 Cold One Knights
5 Cold One Knights
15 Witches + Hag + Manbane
15 Witches + Hag + Manbane

War Hydra
War Hydra

Exactly 2250 pts. Thanks for any comments and i will try to write some report after battle.

Morholt
Cold Ones are for girls.
Mangara
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mangara »

Why would you ever give dark riders shields? Their fast cavalry rule is what makes them good, I'd suggest dropping those first and foremost. Honestly I don't know what you would do with the points but those shields don't do your riders any good at all.
Nightblade183
Assassin

Post by Nightblade183 »

You're probably already battling or done, but I was going to second what Mangara said about the shields. You could drop them and drop the warrior unit down to 20 models. Then you'd have a few more points to dink around with, maybe shades or more harpies.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
We can't possibly be the only people on this forum who love plundering and pillaging can we? Come join the Brotherhood of The Coast, and raid til your heart's content.

Beeing ilitterit makes dis forem stewpid

8th Edition Game Tally
W/L/D
2/1/1
Morholt
Beastmaster

Post by Morholt »

Yes, it was done when you were answering but i have rematch soon (last one ended with 15/5 for Khemri).

Shields on riders started to be annoing on first two turns so they are going out. That is 10 points. I'm not sure about Warriors though and making them 20 instead of 25. All they got is static combat result and i don't want to be robbed of +1 to CR as soon as last rank will loose one guy from shooting. But the more i think about them, the more i want to kick them out, and that would be another 215 points. Both witches and knights earned their points, i'm only thinking about kicking out hags from them (but that isn't must, it's only thinking now). Other thing that i think of is to switch one hydra into 2 bolt throwers but still i have about 200 points to take some additional cores and/or character (lord slot free).

Tell me what you think guys becouse i have no ideas.

Morholt
Cold Ones are for girls.