My revised GT list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Myelisik »

love the changes.

Shades much more effective with the GWs, black guard last longer with the ring.

One question though, without the spearmen what are your scoring units in scenarios that require them (ie breakthrough)? A few shots here or there and the BG, shades and riders are all under US 5. I see one unit of knights squeaking through at 1/2 strength and winning the game for some1.

Then again this list could just wipe out the enemy and be done with it.
Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Grandmaster ej »

with a gunline you really need more harpies to supplement your capacity to grab offensive objectives
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

As harpies can't capture, but Mys, in a situation like that you can hide the riders and run them out last 2 turns to do the capturing of just hide the shades and use them to capture objectives.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

why cant harpies capture? havent got access to the pack at work
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Myelisik »

flyers cant capture

Dark Riders can capture ur right, but remember it'll be hard to hide one when he needs his lvl 2 sorceress to kill stuff (the one on a steed i think is in a DR unit).

And with no hard hitting combat units to hold up the opponent there's nothing to stop blocks and knights from heading into woods to flush stuff out (not to mention it'll be a smart move to avoid shots and casting LoS.)
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

I meant which scenarios specifically? its its only one I dont really care, but if its all 3 for table quaters then its a bit more significant.
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

Not being funny Myelisk, but do you just want me to post your list up as mine and be done with it !wink!.

@ EJ the only 'scenario' that doesn't allow flyers is trial of battle (No.5), however I am going for the Secret missions more than anything else, as with the amount of damage I will cause in the first two turns, I'm hoping that the 400vp's I can win from the secret missions can keep me taking solid victories for most of the games.
As for all but one of the secret missions, I feel that this list will beat most. The only missions I won't like is assasination unless I meet a bloodthirster/dragon or one of the weaker armies.
3 of the missions involve capturing/US5, for the capturing I only need to stop enemies going onto hills or in woods, whereas my shades can easily hold woods, my artillery can hold a hill if I win one in the roll off for turns, and the forward offensive mission I shall use at the same time as breakthrough, just so that I can get lots of points on that scenario.
I do love my harpies, however this year I feel that they will not be good enough to secure objectives and so mine will just be fodder, to make sure the riders/shades stay alive, by either suicide charging a sorceress in a unit, or war machines etc.
The aim is to destroy as many enemy US5 units as I can quickly, and then hide for the duration until the last turn.

@ Myelisk, again not meaning to be rude, but if a block unit is still alive to come chasing into woods, then be my guest, as with skirmishers in there, I can just run around/away from him, and once I do, he has a fully blocked unit in a wood, easily within 2" for purpose of me being able to see him, and then I barrage with magic.
The idea with the list is not to hold him up Myelisk, its to avoid and hit when they can't see. If they want to march straight towards my deployment zone then fine, with my units spread out, they won't be able to get overruns into fresh units, and so I will get more shooting/magic at them. I aim to kill anything fast and US5 or more, and then let everything else come at me, and kill my 110pt unit of rxbmen, or a RBT.
Believe me, I know what my game plan is.
1.Kill anything that moves faster than 14"
2.Kill as much of the US5 units as possible (unless its a tarpit)
3.Run and hide till last turn when I pop out and capture objectives.

As my good friend the meerkat says.....'simples'
Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Myelisik »

hah go check out my list, has the same problem, no capturing units. Wouldn't want you to take it to a GT either.

Ur right u can move out of the way of a block in the woods, the idea is UR not in the woods now, therefore vulnerable.

But anyway obviously ur set on it, tell me how it goes.
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

But just to say mate, it'll take a block atleast 3 turns to get into a wood, by that time, all the stuff that can attack at range (which I've already said is one of my first priorities) will be dead lol, so the blocks should be the only things left.
If there is something left, then I'll move out of the woods at the opposite direction, because I'm skirmished.
Oh and thanks for the sarcy comment at the end thier, I've changed some things but apparently 'im set on it'. :?

P.S. I just did a 'mock turn' for my shooting and a bit of magic against daemons if I got first turn, and this list managed to bring down 2 units of flesh hounds to 1 model a piece (starting 5 models), and drop 2 units of flamers (starting 6 models) to 2 and 3 models respectively, and can't shoot due to chillwind. Killed the blue scribes with a bladewind to negate his nasty effect, and this was a mock up against Kairos etc, from just the first turn. Imagine having 4 or more turns of this.
Looks like I could have some fun with this list :D.