3,000 pt DE for "ARD BOYZ" Tourney

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Xymaris
Trainee Warrior

3,000 pt DE for "ARD BOYZ" Tourney

Post by Xymaris »

So, the first of three heats is in September and I want to start stretching out my Delves for the occasion ( For the record I suffered through all of 6th with them so I feel a sense of pride and wonder at the scowls and glares when before only smirks and looks of pity followed me as I lay down an army at the tournament scene........)

Anyways; there;s no comp, or soft scores there are scenario objectives I believe but asides that it's bring the filth you can stomach and duke it out with the others.

3k DE army ( with no fluff or reason)

Dreadlord: [Black Dragon] Ring of Hotek, Armour of Servitude, Caledors Bane, SDC,shield. (564)

Supreme Sorceress: [Black Pegasus] Level 4 Pendant, Black Staff ( 400)

Sorc: Level 2 , 2x DS (185)
Sorc Level 2 , 1x Ds, Tomb of Furion (175)

Master: BSB, Cold One, Hydra Banner, Ha,SDC (208)

5x Dark Riders; RxB (110)
5x Dark Ridersl RxB (110)
5x Harpies (55)
5x Harpies (55)
10x RxB (100)
10x RxB (100)

8x Shades GW, (134)
7x Shades GW ( 118)

9x Cold One Knights; SMC, Banner of Hag Graef, Null talisman. (333)

2x Hydra (350)

PD: 10 + 1 bound
DD: 6 + ring

So, generally a shooting magic avoidance list, with a dragonlord, twin linked hydra and the CoK "Bus" ( as coined from Silas7 and others) for combat. I thought about popping another high sorc on the dragon for 2x lvl4 and 2x lvl2, but that seemed to rely on magic too much, when I know that many lists will try to drop that phase, so I opted for some more combat potential to take on stardragons, thirsters etc, while shooting the enemy to bits and avoiding any real fights,

would have loved to crowbar in some str 7 star Assassins, but I am not sure how to unless I downgrade the Bus to a Cart......
"In that space in between,only your motives speak clearly"
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

At 3K, with no comp restrictions, this will be taken apart too quickly. You have nothing that has any resiliency. I would lose the ring as you are toting some serious magical firepower and give your lord the pendant to make him more survivable against things such as a bloodthirster. Personally, instead of CoK, I would take black guard and I would somehow figure out how to get a cauldron in the army. Maybe drop the BSB for a cauldron hag BSB. Otherwise, this need some really combat oomph. I know you wrote it as a shooty avoidance list, so I guess my advice would be either to go that route full tilt or go combat, but don't try to spread yourself so thin. You will be going up against very focus, very broken armies in a 'Ardboyz tourney. If you are considering named characters, Shadowblade is a great way to handle a Teclis army and a few others such as vampires. Anyway, take my advice with a grain of salt.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Myelisik »

with 'Ardboyz you'll be facing tough lists (hopefully if time allows, one of mine).

You need contingencies for the great cheese lists. Something like 2 Star Dragons, or 2 Greater Demons wouldn't be unheard of.

Something like a 6 bolt thrower list with shooting units to offer some protection against your harpies might be a problem too. As Druchii said you need resiliency, 1 dragon doesn't cut it.

At 3000 pts i like to field a 30 man spearman bunker with Assassin and Warbanner to bog down something (like a huge unit of knights) to allow the dragon/knights to get into position (actually did this one today to great effect).

This type of tourny i don't know how affective magic will be unless you go WAY over the top. Likely at least 2 scroll caddies in every army and enough fast stuff to find ur wizards.
Colonel
Black Guard

Post by Colonel »

You get 6 characters at 3k?
Xymaris
Trainee Warrior

Post by Xymaris »

3k has 6 character slots.

So I have now decided to go the combat route having seen some buddies prep with slaan/engine lizzies, VCs, and Tz DoC. I am thinking magic heavy offense and defense may be common.

Thus, I've gone with an offensive approach hoping to use the bus now in a non-stupid version with the Malus upgrade, a bus capable of most threats.....I have thought of throwing the 2nd dreadlord on a CO, but thought for some extra point some mobility might be interesting, perhaps for aggressive mage lord hunting with 5-7 str 7 attacks should be enough I think. I also added in the infamous str 7 star assassin, for a chance at chariot, knight busting.

setup would be the misslie troops set up on both flanks, no center at all, dragon and double hydra on one side, and cav / pegasus dreadlor on the other ( Depending on opposition obviously)

do I have adequate magic defense?

thoughts?

Dreadlord: [Black Dragon] , Sheid of Ghrond,Armour of Servitude, Caledors Bane, SDC,shield. (569)

DreadLord: [Black Pegasus] Potion of Strength, Hydra Blade, Pendant of Khaleth , Sdc, ha sh (305)

Sorc , 2x Ds, (150)
Malus Darkblade (275)
Master: BSB, Cold One, Hydra Banner, Ha,SDC (208)

5x Dark Riders; RxB (110)
5x Dark Ridersl RxB (110)
5x Harpies (55)
10x RxB (100)
10x RxB (100)

6x Shades , (96)
7x Shades ( 112)
-Assassin, Extra Weapon Manbane, rending stars (151)

8x Cold One Knights; SMC, Banner of Hag Graef, Ring of Hotek. (308)

2x Hydra (350)

PD: 3
DD: 4 + ring
"In that space in between,only your motives speak clearly"
Nightblade183
Assassin

Post by Nightblade183 »

I'm going to have two Dragons in my list, though I haven't decided if they're both gonna be fighty or if I'll put a Lvl 4 Sorceress on one.. I think DR, Harpies, COKs, Hydra, and maybe RBTs and Black Guard will be good for this tourney. Also maybe a unit of Exs with ASF, or some GW Shades. Assassins with Star/Manbane combos might also be a good way too kill the other big tough things your opponents are sure to field.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
We can't possibly be the only people on this forum who love plundering and pillaging can we? Come join the Brotherhood of The Coast, and raid til your heart's content.

Beeing ilitterit makes dis forem stewpid

8th Edition Game Tally
W/L/D
2/1/1