Balanced 2250 Tourney List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kirby
Shade

Balanced 2250 Tourney List

Post by Kirby »

By "balanced" I mean that it participates decently in each phase, not that it has been softened for people that don't like us Druchii. ;)

Lord:
Supreme Sorceress - Lv.4, Black Staff, Pendant, Dark Pegasus - 400

Heroes:
Sorceress - Lv.2, Tome of Furion, Dark Steed - 162
Master - Manticore, Lance, full mundane - 296

Core:
Assassin - Manbane, Rending Stars - 145
20x Spearmen - Full Command, Shields - 155
5x Dark Riders - Crossbows - 110
5x Dark Riders - Crossbows - 110

Special:
14x Black Guard - Banner of Hag Graef, Crimson Death/Ring of Hotek - 270
5x Shades - Great Weapons - 90
5x Cold One Knights - 135

Rare:
Hydra - 175
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 100
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 100

Total: 2248

Lv.4 with Black Staff and a Lv.2 has brought on just as many power dice (generally) as having another Lv.2, but of course losing the ability to double cast certain spells can be troublesome. Having the Pendant helps for incoming spells/firepower since I'm lacking the Focus Familiar to hide.

The Manticore is fragile, but still a scary thing to have fly into a flank for just about any army. People tend to be very wary of their movement while in charge range of this guy. I wish I could find 16 points for a pair of repeater handbows to help harass small units like fliers, war machine crew, etc. but things are as lean as I can get them for the most part.

The rest of the list is pretty standard, no new tricks or anything. I am aware the Black Guard Champion can only have either the Crimson Death or Ring of Hotek, the list is not written with the intention of taking both as evidenced in the point total.

I know having Hotek may sound odd given my moderately ample magic phase but since I only have two mages and they're both highly mobile, it only takes a little bit of forethought and maneuvering to keep them from blowing themselves up. I also have a pleasent record of blowing up a Lv.4 and two Lv.2's in the past two games with Hotek.

I've been considering taking the Stars/Manbane assassin out of the Shades and putting a Manbane/Rune assassin with the Black Guard. They've been having trouble dealing with things like Chaos Knights and Monsters, but I've also been running the Guard without the Crimson Death. On the other hand, having both Shades/Stars Assassin and two RBTs makes hunting monsters and chariots a breeze, something that these past few practice tourney games have been full of.