France GT. Debrief!

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Babnik
Black Guard

France GT. Debrief!

Post by Babnik »

Hi druchii brothers,
Couple of weeks ago, I posted my list for the french GT, based on Malekith on foot, with his BG, 1 L2 sorceress, 2x10 xbowmen, 5 DR, 6 harpies and 2 hydras.
A small army but with strong magical resistance (spell shield and ring of Hotek), good shooting and stunning hitting power with the 2 Malekith's pets.
1st game: Empire guns line. Over 30 gunners, 2 hellblasters, 2 great cannons and few heavy cavalry. Tight game as I lost it for 19pts.
2nd game: DE with RBTs, shades and COK. Balanced army, I made a major mistake as I moved Malekith from BG to Xbowmen. I thought I could hold a close combat until hydras were able to flank. Wrong decision. I got massacred.
3rd game: Against tough greenskins. Big orcs/black orcs units with lot of goblins with fanatics. Harpies and DR took care of these insane little green maggots. BG made amazing fights to wipe out both orcs units. Solid victory.
4th game: Daemons! How come this list lost twice the first day? Anyway, as usual, I fought well but I have no luck against these stuffs. Too few shooting to soften their units before close combats.
5th game: DE lead by Malus Darkblade himself. Malekith was unpleased to see him trying again to gain more power (or maybe Tzark'an needs one of our witch king item...). Anyway, due to bad deployment, Malus was defeated and lost his life from Malekith hands. Thanks only to ASF banner.

My opinion is Malekith is great on foot. But 2,000pts is to small to fashion an effective list including our beloved king. I really missed a 5 COK unit or a strong unit of shades. But no magic phase was effective against me whereas I managed to cast black horror couple of times. :twisted:

My ranking? 29th out of 40 :?

It was a great WE!