Yes, I was bored. 2000pts by the rumoured 8th ed rules.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Yes, I was bored. 2000pts by the rumoured 8th ed rules.

Post by Dalamar »

Rumours I took here: 25% lord/25% hero, 25% minimum Core, 50% maximum special, 25% maximum rare.

Army consists of 3 largeish blocks of infantry with supporting dark riders, chariot and hydra. Harpies do what they do best, which is warmachine hunt and be annoying (less so now that passing Ld allows to march despite enemy within 8"). Some items are taken from the rumours thread.

Crossbows start deployed 10 wide, and wrap up to 5x4 when enemy is getting close, becoming a formidable fighting force. Warriors hit the centre and hold down the enemy while Execs carve through, Hydra and Chariot adding neccessary kills when needed to strip off ranks and gain advantage over the enemy.

Sorceress chosen lore will most likely *not* be Dark Magic as I have a feeling it will be rather inferior to the new rulebook lores. Fire will be simple and straigthforward and Metal will be very situational (pretty useless against most elves, daemons, or ogres). I'm curious about Shadow and Death. Remember that wizards will have to pick their lores while making the list, not at the start of the game.

Supreme Sorceress [400]
Level 4
Dark Pegasus
Pendant of Khaeleth
Focus Familiar
Ruby Ring of Destruction

Death Hag [225]
Battle Standard
Cauldron of Blood

Master [140]
General
Armour of Darkness
Crimson Death

Lord - 400pts = 20%
Heroes - 365pts = 18%

20 Crossbowmen [220]
Shields

5 Dark Riders [117]
Repeater Crossbows
Musician

5 Harpies [55]

5 Harpies [55]

30 Warriors [250]
Full Command
Shields
War Banner

Core - 697pts = 34%

18 Executioners [261]
Full Command
Standard of Discipline

Cold One Chariot [100]

Special - 361pts = 18%

War Hydra [175]

Rare - 175pts = 8%
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

I thought Lord Hero was COMBINED 25%. *whew* glad it ain't! Which banner are you planning to take?
Oderint dum Metuant.
Teknistmajjan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Teknistmajjan »

Not a bad list at all. It will be fun to see what are true and what are not when the new rules are coming. I know for a fact that the random charge length is going in.

I am just so afraid that Warhammer Fantasy is gonna be turned into a gunline game.
Gee
Corsair

Post by Gee »

Find the points for a musician on the xbows.

muscian grants "swift reform" which means they can shoot after a reform if they pass a leadership test. Alot easier than having to wheel left or right now that turn to face has gone.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

There are exactly 3 points spare if I need a musician, but I was told that the musician only allows to move after reform (or before reform) but still won't be able to shoot (unless fast cav/skirmishers)

Warhammer won't turn into a gunline game. It will be a LOT harder to march block the enemy so expect opposing cavalry in your face on turn two and infantry on turn three. Shooting units might get stubborn if you reform them in many ranks, but they still won't kill a whole lot in close combat.
7th edition army book:

Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

in the scenario 4, you only have 5 pts... so if you lose your general and one banner, your army flee....
Gee
Corsair

Post by Gee »

Dalamar wrote:There are exactly 3 points spare if I need a musician, but I was told that the musician only allows to move after reform (or before reform) but still won't be able to shoot (unless fast cav/skirmishers)

Warhammer won't turn into a gunline game. It will be a LOT harder to march block the enemy so expect opposing cavalry in your face on turn two and infantry on turn three. Shooting units might get stubborn if you reform them in many ranks, but they still won't kill a whole lot in close combat.

You can't move or shoot after a reform. After a successfull "Swift Reform" you can move (but not march) and shoot.

I agree about the gunline. In fact turn two can see enemy fast cav charging you in the rear. Since with their vanguard move they are damn close before the game even starts. Their restriction on no charge in the first turn means they're likely to use that to try flank you, else if you get first turn and don't wipe them out they're likely to be in your face straight away.
Gee
Corsair

Re: Yes, I was bored. 2000pts by the rumoured 8th ed rules.

Post by Gee »

Dalamar wrote:Sorceress chosen lore will most likely *not* be Dark Magic as I have a feeling it will be rather inferior to the new rulebook lores. Fire will be simple and straigthforward and Metal will be very situational (pretty useless against most elves, daemons, or ogres). I'm curious about Shadow and Death. Remember that wizards will have to pick their lores while making the list, not at the start of the game.

Depends on your role for your wizard.

Death Sorc is a rather potent character hunter. With two snipe spells. The purple Sun would be brutal if you could get her on the flank and then send the sun across the army. But the other spells re rather situational and all are short range.

Shadow or Fire is a bit of personal preference.

If you go Shadow i'd drop the familiar for the tome to maximise getting mindrazzor. Since that unit buff will see the harpy units taking down dragons and the infantry blocks take down anything.

Fire is a nice fire support mage. Standard blow stuff up you'd expect from fire along with two nice unit buffs. One that means any unit touching takes 2d6 str4 hits. The other which gives +1 on to wound rolls and magical flaming attacks, which also applies to shooting attacks.

Metal is nice but imo eclipsed by Fire/Shadow
Mayordaley
Warrior

Post by Mayordaley »

Hey Dal,

What is the Ruby Ring of Destruction?
Sucess isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal. -Da Coach-
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

According to the rumors thread, it's a common item with a power level 3 bound spell fireball.
7th edition army book:

Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

I'm going to do my own 3K list.

Currently looking at a lvl 4, a lvl 2 and a hag w cauldron
Loads of rxb warriors
Loads of harpies
A couple of big blocks
Some chariots
2 Hydre
4 bolt throwers

Starting off obscene and moderating later.
Darkelfogrekiller
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkelfogrekiller »

also man i ask what is the bannerof discipline
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

also man i ask what is the bannerof discipline

+1 on leadership, but can not use the generals leadership.

Good for spears if your General is off riding his dragon.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Made a new one, didn't feel like making new post. I believe it's an upgrade ;)

Dreadlord [215]
Ring of Hotek
Armour of Darkness
Crimson Death

Lord(s) = 215/500

Sorceress [175]
Level 2
Lore of Death
Tome of Furion
Guiding Eye

Death Hag [225]
Battle Standard
Cauldron of Blood

Heroes = 400/500

30 Warriors [225]
Full Command
Shields

30 Warriors [225]
Full Command
Shields

20 Crossbowmen [235]
Standard Bearer, Musician
Shields

Core = 685

18 Executioners [246]
Full Command

6 Shades [102]
Additional Hand Weapons

Special = 348/1000

War Hydra [175]

War Hydra [175]

Rare = 350/500

Total = 1998/2000

5 Banners for the silly scenario, 4 blocks of infantry, two supporting monsters and a unit of shades... I don't see Dark Riders as harrassers anymore... Shades do it better and cheaper under the new rules (and get stalwart in forests)
7th edition army book: