2000 DE for tourny in afew weeks need help please

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tundrik
Trainee Warrior

2000 DE for tourny in afew weeks need help please

Post by Tundrik »

Ok here is the list im thinking of running -

Supreme Sorceress
Lvl 4, Tome of Furion,
Talisman or Preservation, Guiding Eye.

Death Hag
BSB, CoB.

Sorceress
Lvl 2.

RXB x 20
Mus, Standard.

Corsairs x 28
FC, Sea Serpent Standard.

Dark Riders x 5
Mus.

Black Guard x 20
FC, Banner of Murder.

Shades x 5

Shades x 5

Hydra

Main plan is Supreme sorceress in RXB, sorceress in the corsairs.
Shades will go WM hunting, ive gone for a large number as they can take some damage and still do their job effectively.
Corsiars and BG are to deal the damage along with MR hydra. DR will harass flanks and go after other skirmishers. Death Hag is to follow main units giving buffs where needed.
I was thinking about dropping second sorceress and going for a Pegasus hero instead, what do you think would be best?

Cheers in adavance
Last edited by Tundrik on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
We need more slaves !
Aveleys
Cold One Knight

Post by Aveleys »

Looks like a solid tourney list. There are a couple changes that you might want to look at. The shades should probably be in 2 units of 5 for three reasons. They are easier to manoeuvre, they can kill two war machines a turn and if someone wants to kill shades, they will have few problems doing it if they use magic or lots of shooting, for example 10 will die just as easily as 5 to a third level fire ball. This way they cannot use one fire ball to killl all of them, it will require more planning and punch on your opponents part to deal with two units.
I like the second sorceress so you have full access to a lore, which you will need to pick, I recommend shadow for this list and with double sorcs you can garantee mindrazor ! Though, the level 2 probably shouldnt be in the corsairs since she can die really fast to attacks being allocated on her. Maybe leave her by herself and then she can purposefully miscast on mindrazor and you will not have to worry about hurting your other models.
Lastly, you might want to drop the scroll on the level 2 and give the repeater crossbows shields and a banner, so they can act as an infantry block if things start to go badly and you have another banner for that scenario. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck in the tourney :D
Cheers,
-Ave
Tundrik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tundrik »

Cheers for the advice, I think i will split the shades into two lots of 5. DO you think going with one lore (shadow) is better than lvl4 shadow and lvl2 Death? The lvl 4 has 5 spells so has a good chance of getting mindrazor anyway.

Thank you and keep the tips coming :)
We need more slaves !
Aveleys
Cold One Knight

Post by Aveleys »

Tundrik wrote:Cheers for the advice, I think i will split the shades into two lots of 5. DO you think going with one lore (shadow) is better than lvl4 shadow and lvl2 Death? The lvl 4 has 5 spells so has a good chance of getting mindrazor anyway.

Thank you and keep the tips coming :)

From my experience, shadow and death tends to be a lesser combo since the two lores do individual things, they do not really support one another. Shadow is definatly the way to for the level 4, since the spells really help dark elves, death has high casting values for many of the character snipe spells except the signiture one, but that will not be as good on a level 2 since she has leadership 8, so good characters will have an advantage on her. Dark magic works well with shadow and so does fire (mainly the signature fireball) so if you want to combo lores, these ones are the most competative, again from my experience ;)
Cheers,
-Ave
Tundrik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tundrik »

I did think about the Lore of fire. Mainly as it gives me the potential to hurt Regen units/creatures. Dark magic i looked at but in the games i tried it i just wasn't a huge fan. I have another game in afew days so will try out Fire with Shadow and see how it works.
We need more slaves !
A.andersson
Corsair

Post by A.andersson »

I wouldnt recomend two mages at 2000 points, most of the time you wont have that many power dices. Although it will be worth trying. Go with a chariot and additional corsairs, shields for your crossbows would also be useful. With 5 spells you will almost be guaranteed to get mindrazor any way, just do the math ;)
Aveleys
Cold One Knight

Post by Aveleys »

Tundrik wrote:I did think about the Lore of fire. Mainly as it gives me the potential to hurt Regen units/creatures. Dark magic i looked at but in the games i tried it i just wasn't a huge fan. I have another game in afew days so will try out Fire with Shadow and see how it works.

Sounds good man, let us know how it goes, I for one am really curious about it since I only tried it once. Good luck in your game :D
Cheers,
-Ave