Hardcore 2000p

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Malmorte
Shade

Hardcore 2000p

Post by Malmorte »

Here's my competitive(hopefully) at 2000p. no SS, but two sorceresses instead and a lord

Dreadlord w/ cold one, shield, hvy, sdc, Amour of eternal servitude, pendant of khaeleth, soulrender-270p

Sorceress-Lv.1, earthing rod(fire)-125p
Sorceress-Lv.2-dispel scroll(metal)-160p
Death Hag BSB w/ cauldron of Blood-225p

Core
30 dark elf spearmen, shields, FC-225p
12 dark elf crossbowmen-shields-muso-137p
12 dark elf crossbowmen-shields-guardmaster-142p

Special
19 Witch-elves-190p
19 witch elves-190p
5 Cold One Knights-sb w/ banner of eternal flame-161p

Rare
War Hydra-175p

The two sorceresses will attempt the signature spell of either lore with full dice to abuse the druchii sorcery rule. And I went for a dreadlord because, well, nothing can kill him and with S6 he can bring anything down, And witch elves supported by the cauldron are just mean. nad The xbows will knock off plenty of enemies before lines meet. The COK are a counterpunch for monsters and suchlike.

How does it look?
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Seems like a solid list, but you're ten points over your heroe allowance if my maths are correct.
Diablo
Cold One Knight

Post by Diablo »

Does he really need PoK AND regen from AoES? Wouldn´t the traditional unkillable dreadlord (pendant, crown + whip and charmed shield OR soulrender and dragonhelm) be better? Without the crown there is A LOT of things that can kill him...

kajchi is right, you are 10pts over hero allowance. I would ditch that earthing rod and give her tome of furion instead, putting tome on the sorceres you go for some spell.

RxBs really need the musicians to be able to swift reform.

WE work pretty good in units of 14 (7x2) but musician is very handy and standard too. Yeah, you will lose some attacks with each dead but first row is where the power is. The support is handy bonus.

The one thing your list needs is some agile units. Harpies, shades or even dark riders. What would you do with dwarf/empire/skaven WMs?
Malmorte
Shade

Post by Malmorte »

hm yes I'll drop the earthing rod and take the tome of furion. The idea behind the AoES is to protect against magical damage....I've lost him a few time to caress of laniph or fate of bjuna, he can't roadstop anyone if he's dead.

Are 14 witch elves good? 19 have a few bodies to lose, though if i make them 14 i'll have points to buy a fast unit and maybe a few more COKs. They just are quite fragile....How can I protect the witch elves from shooting or magic? They are cheap enough to buy a few extra bodies.....Do you have success with 14 of them?
Diablo
Cold One Knight

Post by Diablo »

malmorte wrote:hm yes I'll drop the earthing rod and take the tome of furion. The idea behind the AoES is to protect against magical damage....I've lost him a few time to caress of laniph or fate of bjuna, he can't roadstop anyone if he's dead.

Are 14 witch elves good? 19 have a few bodies to lose, though if i make them 14 i'll have points to buy a fast unit and maybe a few more COKs. They just are quite fragile....How can I protect the witch elves from shooting or magic? They are cheap enough to buy a few extra bodies.....Do you have success with 14 of them?

True but if not stubborn he is not able to roadblock either... And if theres so much death mages out there, why not go the other way, AoES, dragonbane gem, crown and whip? He´s not THAT unkillable this way but he´s still pretty hard to kill being stubborn, 1+ As, regen, possible 2+ ward and can dish out some damage with 5S5 AP attacks...

WE: well i field them in every battle, i used to field 19 FCG flaming banner, then i started using 14 FCG flaming banner with not much difference. They either totaly rocked or been slaughtered horribly. Yeah they will lose 1 attack with first seven dead but the true power is in first rank. As for protection from shooting, you can use, lets say harpies to screen them from BS shooting, you can field them small and have some big nasty thing (hydra, big CoK unit) that will get the attention.