Newtimer DE player gearing up for his first tourney.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Banja
Slave (off the Altar)

Newtimer DE player gearing up for his first tourney.

Post by Banja »

Heya folks, started a dark elv army after playing as the high elves for more then 2 years since i needed the change.

Ive got about 7 games under my belt as a druchii player and decided to take them to my first tourney ever.

I have made a list that i would like critism on, since more exp people can tell me what works more often etc etc.

The only hard thing is im playing by a swedish guidline called Comp, were each unit has a value sorted to it, so it could be kinda hard for someone to critic it withouth having acess to the comp page.

But generally, most units can be changed withouth much trouble, only some things.

Cant take another hydra.
Cant take the second mage, and if i have to buff my lvl 2 to a lvl 4 someother hero has to go away to make up the comp.

Anyways, here is the list. The - is the comp value, so if anyone does reply to the list he can see how the comp has valued other units, wich i can change . Thx!

Lord :

1 Dreadlord on pegasus, General, sea dragon cloak, shield, armour of destiny, whip of agony, dawnstone, -20 299

Char

Hag bsb, Cry of war, dance of doom, 155 p -9

Sorc, lvl 2, Shadow, pendanth of kaleth, tome of furion 185 p -21

1 Master on pegasus,lance, shield, sdc armour of eternal servitude, dragonbane gem, 176 -23

Core =

17 Xbow, mu = 175 p, -11

17 Xbow, mu = 175 p -11

5 DR, mu = 92 p -3

5 Dr, Mu = 92p -3

5 Dr, mu, xbow = 112 p - 5

Core = 646 p - 30

5 X Harpies = 55p -6

Special =

12 X WE, mu = 125 p - 7

12 x WE, mu = 125 p -7

20 Black Guards, fc, Razor standard, terror mask of eee ,365 - 25

1 Chariot = 100p - 7

5 X shades, LA, ADH, 90 p - 3

Rare =

1 War hydra, 175 p - 40
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

I think the two pegasus characters have a quite good setup. The sorceress doesn't really need pendant if you want her a bit at the back with the crossbowmen... It's more a preference I guess, although I even keep my lvl 4 sorceress without it.

I'd have the hag to be BSB, but with Cauldron of Blood. It's just too good to not have, especially as you have the two witch elf units.

Drop the light armor on the shades, use banner of murder instead of razor banner... and I'm not so sure about that mask of eee... sure, terror can be nice sometimes, but I think the points could be used on other things in your list. Like, more shades :)

Personally, I'd like more close combat units for your list when you already use shadow. It's a bit too much mixed up with different elements for my taste. If you had a big unit of spear elves somewhere in there, you'd have a steadfast unit which could take on most threats.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Banja
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Banja »

Omnichron wrote:I think the two pegasus characters have a quite good setup. The sorceress doesn't really need pendant if you want her a bit at the back with the crossbowmen... It's more a preference I guess, although I even keep my lvl 4 sorceress without it.

I'd have the hag to be BSB, but with Cauldron of Blood. It's just too good to not have, especially as you have the two witch elf units.

Drop the light armor on the shades, use banner of murder instead of razor banner... and I'm not so sure about that mask of eee... sure, terror can be nice sometimes, but I think the points could be used on other things in your list. Like, more shades :)

Personally, I'd like more close combat units for your list when you already use shadow. It's a bit too much mixed up with different elements for my taste. If you had a big unit of spear elves somewhere in there, you'd have a steadfast unit which could take on most threats.

Yeah your right, the sorc would be deployed so pendanth is not needed that much.

The COB is to expensive to fit in the list. Yeah only 110 points, but its -20 to fit, so i have to take out units to a value of -20 from the list.

Razor banner is the same idea, murder banner cost -2 but not razor, and i really dont know why i had mask of ee really lol. I really want a item on him though, maybe crimson death for the umf?.

My overall strategy, when making the list, was the ranged units to clear chaff, DR to redirect/annoy or hunt war machines, then combine charge with WE and a pegasus, or chariot etc.

What i could do is this though. Take away the shade unit, make the BG to a unit of 17, and away with the harpies and change the lore of the sorc to the dark elv lore. That gives me a COB ( and assasin) exactly. Sounds better?.

Damn im really twisted with DE.
Banja
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Banja »

Yep thats the one.
Banja
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Banja »

Ok Made some changes, and i lay it out more why i did some choises and
what my layout is with the army.

But first why some things arent in.

Cant take Whip Of agony, thats why it isent on the BG champ or Dreadlord
Cant either change to shadow or death on the lore, but can to fire or metal.
Razor banner is in cause it dosent cost any minus comp.
The mask of eee is only in there since i need to fill out points, and maybe i get lucky and get their ws to 1.

And the reason why two non xbow DR have champ is cause there is a scenario where you get VP on how many boards you controll, and the unit has to be more than 100 p at start.

Sorc goes in the big block of xbows, using blasting spell on chaff first and waiting to use the guiding eye for those plus 4 to hit rolls. There are 3 HE armys in the tourney, so should be able to thin out the swordmasters and such.

DR to hunt for the redirections and chaffs, ie warhounds, eagles, and for warmachines. They can also act as redirectiors.

The harpies for that moment when i really dont want a charge coming.

Was having the WE first at only 8 for suicide on horde units or monsters, but
12 seems safer though i dont get more attacks. Will go eaither as a suicide on a horde to softem them up or for combo charges with my 2 pegasus guys or BG.

The role for the pegasus is to combine charge together on a unit they can break or help out other units.

My BG is the only "heavy hitter" and thats they way im gonna use them, with a dreadlord though.

The hag is in the BG unit, needed something for under 150 p and that dident comp much. With minimum 6 attacks and 3 to wound, i hope she helps out to break the unit BG is facing, its ok if she dies after the 1 round if i win it.

Hydra is always good.

Lord :

1 Dreadlord on pegasus, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, talisman of preservation, crimson death, dragonhelm, -18 282

Sorcerer lvl 4 dark 330 p, lifetaker, guiding eye, tome of furion -35
Char

Hero :
1 Master on pegasus,lance, shield, sdc armour of eternal servitude, dragonbane gem, bsb,201 -33

Death hag, manbane, rune of khaine, 140 p - 2
Core =

22 Xbow, mu = 225 p, -14

17 Xbow, mu = 175 p -11

5 DR, mu cha = 106 p -3

5 Dr, Mu cha = 106p -3

5 Dr, mu, xbow = 112 p - 5

5 X Harpies = 55p -6

Special =

12 X WE, mu, champion = 125 p - 7

12 x WE, mu, = 135 p -7

17 Black Guards, fc, Razor standard,mask of eee p. 327 - 19

Rare =

1 War hydra, 175 p - 40

10 comp ( cant go below 10, thats why someunits arent so obvious) 2494 p

Comment guys! the tourneys is in 2 days!