New to Dark Elves and fantasy in general, 2500 pnt fun list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Johnnysigs
Slave on the Altar

New to Dark Elves and fantasy in general, 2500 pnt fun list

Post by Johnnysigs »

So i am new to fantasy (i played a bit in late 6th early 7th) and one of my friends is trying to get me into it. So i picked dark elves mainly because i loved the dragon and the cold one knights. So this is my 2500 point list (i was told this is standard where we play) so this is my stab at a themed fun 2500 point list. any comments or help is much appreciated.

Supreme Sorceress; lvl 4, sacrifical dagger (lore of metal?)
Death hag; Cauldron of Blood
Master; BSB, hydra banner, cold one, lance, heavy armor, shield

Dark Elf Warriors x40; banner, musician, shields
Dark elf Warriors x20
Dark Riders x5; crossbows
Dark Riders x5; crossbows

Cold One Knights x9; full command, banner of murder
Cold One Chariot
Cold One Chariot #2
Black Guard x15; banner, musician

War Hydra
War Hydra

I still have around 200 points to play with, and really i just want to know if this list would be fun to play against, and fun to play. I really dont want to get trashed every game i play, but i also dont want my list to make people groan when they face it.

Thanks in advance!
Johnnysigs
Miasma
Warrior

Post by Miasma »

Depending on what is typically fielded in your area you are likely to get a few groans when you place that second Hydra, plus some area's place a comp restriction of no double rare choices, just something for you to consider.

I'd try and fit in some shooting in this list, maybe replace th small warrior unit with repeater crossbows and use the additional points to get some shades for warmachine hunting and harassment play.
2013 Tournament Results

W-L-D
2-1-1
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

I would not pla the bsb like that... better givve him some nice items (kendant of khalet!! some weapon... he needs to be verry more durable), allso think of it he still has to pay the poimts from the magc banner ;)
and the sorceress take shadow or dark lore... metal only if there is need for it or it goes better with the army.. but this one I'd say doesn't need it ;)
and I personaly think you have to decide... or you take a unit of 20 bg, or a unit of 12 cold ones (11 then cuz of the master)
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD