500pts list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Arggg
Shade

500pts list

Post by Arggg »

I will participate in a campaign tha starts at 500pts and ends at 2000pts with one match per week...so i was thinking thinking of using this list:

heroes(120pts)
master-AoD,soulrender

core(215pts)
25 warriors FC,banner of murder

special(185)]
chariot
5 shades AHW

I know tha magicless is a little bit of risk but in 500pts you dont expect too much from the others too...and i dont like magic heavy anyway :)

Any advice?
HATERS<3
http://www.thebrushes.blogspot.com/ - a friend's blog check it :D

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Miasma
Warrior

Post by Miasma »

Its not what I'd take myself but it looks like it could work well, nice and aggressive list
2013 Tournament Results

W-L-D
2-1-1
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

For 500 points you might request that winds of magic only yields 1d6 or 2d3 or something. Oh well. The list is good. I don't see any way of improving it, given the choices made.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

well I personly would prefer playing corsairs... but warriors do the job too... and it is a nice thing since you will be going up in points, you allready have some warriors for a sorceress bunker
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Arggg
Shade

Post by Arggg »

Samusin wrote:well I personly would prefer playing corsairs... but warriors do the job too... and it is a nice thing since you will be going up in points, you allready have some warriors for a sorceress bunker
The first list i had in my mind was:
sorc lvl1-ruby ring of ruin
in 11 xbow unit with muso

14corsairs sss,muso,banner

5 shades AHW but then came up to this :)

Not sure which is better...
HATERS<3

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

hmm well the chariot sure is worth its points... without magic is sure doable... but not anymore if your points raise... anyway... the newer list (with chariot and warriors) is more stable...

in meantime I looked for how I would play a 500 pts army...

10 DR with xbows
CoC
10 shades with adh

leaving me 10 points spare -.-
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Aren't you lacking a character? :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Blackphantom
Shade

Post by Blackphantom »

indeed, 1 character and 2 units minimum...
Arggg
Shade

Post by Arggg »

i tested my initial list today against a chaos warrior army of 15 chaos warriors,a hero on steed with 1+ save and flail and 5 marauders horsemen with flails and i was a little bit unlucky with the chariot and due to stupidity died very fast from a his hero's charge,shades performed greatly killing his hero,his horsemen and a bunch o chaos warriors,spears fought a long battle with warriors with both units fleeing once and regrouping and generaly a very exciting 500pts battle but the end was against cause 2 warriors charged my shades and after a big fight i killed one and killed all of my shades so in the end he won with just one warrior remaining :)
HATERS<3

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

ah lol, well I wouldn't run a char with that low points... for ld its not needed since elves normaly make it... but if its a must.. well drop 1 shade and 3 riders and it should be enough to fit in a small hero to go with the shades
2/4/3

Arggg
Shade

Post by Arggg »

@Samusin: i like your list cause i am also a fun of lists with MANY
agile units but...i don't have any riders yet(i must buy some glade rider boxes fast ;) ) so for now i will stay to my list...and also i am sure tha if i buy wood elves i will assemble and paint them as wood elves :P ( i love wood elves and i am just waiting for the new book to start :D)
HATERS<3

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

o0 no riders yet o0 ;) np, just buy them, glade riders.... lol gw should make some dr that do have nice horses lol
2/4/3

Arggg
Shade

Post by Arggg »

dark rider horses are like they just made their hair and are like
"biatch please,I'm fabulous" :P so i will have to fight my inner urge for wood elves :)
HATERS<3

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

hahahabut you have harpies allready?? if you go up in the campain, you could use them with like every armylist
2/4/3