2400- 9.9 on Swedish Comp

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

2400- 9.9 on Swedish Comp

Post by Demetrius »

Its been a while since I've posted here, good to be back.

I've been playing Tomb Kings for the last 5 months and havnt really used the Dark Elves much in that time. But, in July, there is a Swedish Comp tournament that I will be attending. The lowest score you can have is 9.5, and I have been told that people are going to be breaking the system and bringing the filthiest list they can under the restrictions. So I'm not sure if the Tomb Kings will hold up, and I know the Darkies definitely will.

So I came up with this potential list. I solidly beat a High Elf list last night that was equally (if not more) filthy. So I know this list has the potential.

Is there anything you guys would change? Do you think it can stand up against 3 Treeman/60+ archers, or Hellcannon/ Magma Cannon/ Deathstrieker lists?

Level 4, Metal, Lifetaker, Darkstar Cloak- 310 (-39)

Level 2, Shadow, Scroll, Guiding Eye- 185 (-23)

BSB, Pegasus, Cloak of Hag Graef, Dragon Bane Gem, Lance, Shield, HA- 195 (-30)

22 Spears, Full Command, Discipline- 184 (-10)

23 Crossbows, Full Command, Shields- 273 (-13)

5 Harpies- 55 (-6)

5 Dark Riders, Crossbows- 110 (-5)

5 Dark Riders, Crossbows- 110 (-7)

5 Shades, AHW- 85 (-4)

Chariot- 100 (-6)

Chariot- 100 (-9)

Chariot- 100 (-9)

8 Cold Ones, Muso, Standard, Flaming Standard- 240 (-15)

6 Black Guard, Champion- 92 (-5)

5 Witch Elves, Muso- 55 (-4)

2 Bolt Throwers- 200 (-10)

(41 total RXB: -6)
A.andersson
Corsair

Re: 2400- 9.9 on Swedish Comp

Post by A.andersson »

Hi! In what way is the comp score used? 100 VPs for each whole step?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

DR without muso? Handy to rally after feigned flight.
On the other hand, why WE's muso? They cannot flee and are not that likely to win any fight.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I think spears are almost worthless except as dagger fuel--and you don't have the dagger. I would use those points for something else.

Also, I am not a big fan of the flying BSB. If going against war machines, he doesn't need the +1. And if he ends up in a tough fight, he dies automatically if he breaks, whereas a regular Peg rider will often escape due to swiftstride.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Thanks for the replies guys.

Anderson- You add your comp score twice at the end of the tournaments, so I would get a +19.8. The highest you can go is 16.5 comp which is a relatively soft army, and will only get you +33. So obviously, you are better off running a 9.5 list than a softer list at this event.

Calisson- I dont think I have ever needed the +1 on rally attempts on my Dark Riders. I see musicians mainly as swift reform tools, and fast cav get as many reforms as they like for free. The muso on the Witches was because I had 5 points spare.

Dyvim- The spears are just bodies that let me sit back with the lvl4 and cast spells at safe distances, as well as shoot Lifetaker. Whereas I could put her in Crossbows, but then I am almost forced to sit 24" away to make use of the crossbows and I am also forced to shoot lifetaker at the same target, which is not always optimum. Sac Dagg would be optimal, but sadly Swedish Comp kills it. I also totally agree with you about the BSB, I am going to have to be very careful to make sure he doesnt get in a combat that he cant win. Hopefully I can fly him around and keep everyone within BSB range, and he can kill light units that threatens my back lines.
Banja
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Banja »

Nice, im a regular swedish comp players so i can give some tips.

The shades are -4 for the first unit, then -1 for each shade, so its -9 for that unit. And the lvl is -28 due to lore of shadow and second power of darkness.

When thinking about comp, its very good to optimize to the limit were you dont get punished to get the maximum umf out. Like i wouldent get a second lvl 2 shadow, since the comp on that one is to high.Same for going over 35 shots, like that 5 man shade unit.

If your running the cloak of hag grief ( wich is a very good choise on a peg bsb) it almost begs to have a dawnstone on it, but thats more tax.

For example, here is my very high comp (Comp 14) list.

lvl4: Lore of Shadow, Earthing Rod, 3*NullTalismans.
BSB: Blood Armour, Pendant.

12 Corsairs: Musi, Flagga, xhw. Flaming Flaggan
12 Corsairs: Musi, Flagga, xhw.
24 Spearmen: FC, Shield. Murder Flaggan.
Assassin: xhw, Rendingstars, Manbane.
17 RBX: FC, Shield.
5 DR: Musi
5 DR: Musi
9 Shades: xhw.
7 Witch Elves: Musi, Champ, Manbane.
7 Witch Elves: Musi, Champ, Manbane.
RBT
RBT

As you can see since i dont take stuff thats penalized that much ( RBT, mutliple chariots and a lvl 2 shadow, darkstar cloak etc) i get a soft score and relitive powerfull list.

With DE, unless your going hydra and shadow, you better try to get a high comp score, since you got the tools for a powerfull army and have 500 VP of the bat when facing other powerfull stuff. With shadow and rending star, it eats through stuff. Though you seem to work it out diffrent? here i play you get the comp diffrence as vp, but if its not like that a soft score may not be that great.

I would say to you, redo your list and think about what direction you want it comp wise. If im seeing a metal 4 on comp 9,9, there has to be goodies in there, like hydra etc.

Im more thinking what your 6 man bg and 5 man we does? They seem out of place. If your in Msu, drop the lvl 2 mage ( he is 28 comp!) and make the lvl 4 shadow instead.

Hm its hard to give tips. Im not trying to nag on you, but take the list and due away with all things that cost unnesasry comp and see how much get, and what else you can fit in there. Thats how i build my comp lists, a basic draft, minimize everything that is penalized etc.

If your 9.5 at minimum, you could go for the 20+ shadestar with GW and lvl 4 shadow with some characters in, always breaks the system :)