2500 khaine list vs ogres

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

jadenkore
Slave on the Altar

2500 khaine list vs ogres

Post by jadenkore »

hi i am still kinda new to the dark elves ive been playing them and this list is interesting i think cause its pretty much a lot of attacks but i could us some opinions.

using.

Crone hellebron 350

surpreme sorc lvl 4 of shadows

death hag on the cauldron

with 2 runes of khaine dont know if i can do that but my army builder let me so going to

death hag BSB with the ASF banner and a single rune of khaine

35 witch elves full command with the hag have a rune of khaine and banner of muder

1 Assassin with the venom sword and extra hand weapon

25 corsairs full command

25 executioners musician and standered bearer

10 crossbow men

1 War hydra

all together the points is 2499
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: 2500 khaine list vs ogres

Post by Calisson »

As you take Crone, WE become core, so you are well above the 25% mandatory.
As core, you can take as many units of WE as you wish. It could be fun to take lots of small units of 5. Anyway, only the frontage fights, doesn't it?

Runes of khaine can legally be taken with the CoB. However, usually nobody does it as it is not necessary.

Venom sword is a magic item. It does not stack with AHW.

Corsairs really wish to have the SSS.

25 execs will receive all the shooting. You might increase slightly.

RXBmen need a musician in order to allow them to rearrange AND shoot, for example at a flyer behind.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Stonecutter
Noble

Post by Stonecutter »

Looks like a fun list to fight ogres with. Here are a few observations and recommendations:

1) Gifts of Khaine - as per page 99, a model may not have multiples of the same gift so no double rune of khaine on the COB. However, as Calisson has pointed out, there is no need nor desire to put runes on the COB - ogres have no fliers and if anything hits the COB, it is likely that things have really crashed and burned already so increasing the 10 attacks to 10 + d3 won't really make any difference. Also, I would recommend a defensive GoK on the BSB if anything since every effort should be made to protect the BSB so that the executioners can retain their initiative order attacks.

2) Non-Khainite Troops - The army has excellent combat ability with the khainites so having a decent shooting phase might help shape the battle a little better and avoid getting baited and pulled out of position by disposable ogre troops (i.e. gnoblars, sabretusks). Accordingly, I would consider dropping the corsairs and fielding 2-3 units of RXB's of size 10-20 each (this also provides a good spot to park the wizard since the sorceress cannot join khainite units).

3) Assassin & Executioners - I strongly agree with Calisson's view that more executioners are required and it would be worth it to sacrifice the assassin to do it. This is the main hammer unit and the only thing really capable of dealing with mournfangs quickly. They can also lay a beating on anything in the ogre army. Best of all, with the BSB & ASF banner, they can ignore the ASL effect of a thundertusk and strike in initiative order.
Last edited by Stonecutter on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

As I have fielded our holy Legions in many battles I would say that your army, yet balanced for a tourney with multiples kinds of opponents, could be easiyl ugraded against ogres.

Ogres don't have ranks. So having large units of W.E and corsairs is not necessary. Remove the corsairs (as said by Calisson W.E are core units with Hellebron). And make 2 smaller units of these Khaines maidens. More units the better against ogres as MSC works well with flank charges possibilities.

To deal with lethal ogres charges, take 2 assassin with rending stars soaked with manbane. Results granted.
Our club's facebook page:
Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville
Look for French tourneys pics galleries!
jadenkore
Slave on the Altar

Post by jadenkore »

well i know the ogre play personally and i can guarantee that he will have ranks. but what do you think of the idea of the shadow mage
Stonecutter
Noble

Post by Stonecutter »

Shadow is an excellent lore for dark elves and particularly for going against ogres. Every spell except for steed of shadows would be very useful and the lore is optimized for supporting combat. The three hexes are excellent and have long range, the direct damage are great against ogres since they are initiative based and a bunch of witchelves buffed by mindrazor would be like having dozens of Crone Hellebrones in a single unit!! With so many spells to cast each phase, at least 1 or 2 will get through and that could easily be enough to significantly alter any combat.