2400 ETC List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

2400 ETC List

Post by Carsenik »

Hey, this is my first time posting. I have created a list for ETC rules as that is the rules we play with where I am. I mostly play against Lizardman, Wood Elves, and Dwarves, sometimes Skavn. Take a look at the List and any suggestions would be nice.

Master > Pegasus, Cloak of Twighlight, sea Dragon Cloak, Lance, Heavy Armor

Supreme Sorc > Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Endurance, Dark Lore
10 x Darkshards - Sorc here

Death Hag - CoB, witchsbrew, BSB
25 x Witchelves - Full Command, Razor Standard - CoB in unit

25 x Executioners - Full Command, Flame Banner

20 x Dreadshards

5 x Harpies

5 x Dark Riders - XBows, shields, musician

5 x Doomfire Warlocks

3 x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Total points 2399 pts

Again any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks
Pablo
Shade

Re: 2400 ETC List

Post by Pablo »

Hello Friend!
First off, How attached are you to the master? While good against war machines and monsters, I think that he is a bit pricy for what he does and is just one 1 or 2 away from being splattered by a cannonball/ball of lightning. You could put in a unit of shades as another mobile annoyance/warmachine hunter unit and free up some points to make your sorceress lvl4. Also, I would suggest dropping the witchbrew on the death hag. Might I suggest the Cry of war and fencers blade combo instead? Against everyone but the dwarves, the witchbrew ladies will be led around the battlefield by chaff. Also, the razor standard is good, but a pricey addition to a unit that it will not help excessively. You are going to do a ton of damage based off percentages, and arpen on all that s3 might be a bit much. Have you though of adding a Kharibdyss as a flank guard/monster killer/support beast? He is great in combat with monsters due to high strength, high ws attacks, and is an amazing support unit to the withelves with cry of war because it causes all those -3 leadership tests to be rerolled if passed. Even the dwarves will have a rough time with that! Do you need the dreadspears too? I understand if you are limited on which models you have, but if not you could turn it into 1 unit of 10 or 12 darkshards and maybe add a bit more numbers to the warlocks to beef them up to 7 models for combat and added miscast resilience? Other than that, I think your list is versatile and strong. I just worry about you winning the movement phase and having your strong melee stuff getting hosed in combat. :)
Best,
-Pablo
Creating a Cult of Mathlann Army!
Falstaff
Beastmaster

Post by Falstaff »

Hi!

I generally like the list. Just some minor considerations:

- Shooting:
Are you sure you have not exceeded the limit in ETC? you've got 30 Shardes, 10 DR and 3 RBT. Unless they have changed the comp for DE recently that should exceed the limit by quite a bit.

- Master:
I disagree with the post prior to this one. I'm a huge fan of his! He's awesome huning big war machines, but he can also be put to use against some monsters, chariots and even some characters.

- CoB:
I agree with the prior post on the witchbrew. I think you can use the cry of war to a greater effect. The AP banner I find is absolutely awesome on witches as it lets them break steadfast much quicker. Against some units they suck without the AP banner while they are a win with it (e.g. WoC warriors).

- Executioners:
I like 30 much more than 25! Maybe you could drop the unit of 10 Shardes to free some points. The Sorc can go with the 20 Shardes.. Also, you could get them the Speed banner or the gleaming pennant. The flaming banner looks better on those 20 shardes (hello there, trolls).

Good luck!
Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Carsenik »

Thanks for the info.

@ Falstaff - Here are the ETC rules 2013. Dark Elves (2400pts)
• Repeater Crossbows (excluding chariots & characters) in the army, max 35.
• Harpies, Flying characters, Rending stars, max 2 of each.
• Dark rider units, max 3.
• Shades models, max 20.
• Pendant cannot be worn by a Dreadlord or models with Crown of command.
• Pendant of Khaeleth/Crown of command/Cauldron of Blood/Hydra, max 2 in total.
• Sacrificial dagger/mage lord, max 2 in total.

I will try changing to the CoW and Fencers Blade and boosting the Executionor to 30. I dropped the 10 shards to help compensate the points.
Falstaff
Beastmaster

Post by Falstaff »

Hi!

These are the old ETC rules (2013). Are you going to use those?

There is a current draft for ETC 2014 which uses restrictions that take the new DE book into account.
Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Carsenik »

Found the new ETC Rules

- Dark Elves
• Repeater Crossbow/Reaper Bolt Thrower (counts as 6), max 50
• Dark Rider units, max 3
• Units/Characters with Fast Cavalry Special rule, max 5
• Black dragon/Dark Pegasus, max 3
• Up to 10 Doomfire Warlock models/Supreme Sorceress with Lore of Death, max 1
Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Carsenik »

Here are the changes

Supreme Sorc > Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Perservation, Dark Lore
20 x Darkshards - Flamming Banner- Sorc here

Death Hag - CoB, CoW, BSB, Fencers Blade

30 x Executioners - Full Command, Swiftness Banner

5 x Harpies

5 x Doomfire Warlocks

2 x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Total points 2399 pts

How does this look?
Vietnow
Cold One Knight

Post by Vietnow »

With the prevalence of monsters/solo characters, esp the flying kind, I'm leery of putting my L4 general in a bunker. You'll have to be very proactive in keeping them safe. It's not fun to have a phoenix, chimera, terrorgeist, varhgulf etc. fly up to your sorc and stomp her. I might put a champion in the shards to occupy a character for 1 round of cc. Won't help vs monsters, but if you face something like our peggy master, who does d3 wounds at S6 the first turn, it can be a game changer. You also may want to consider full command on that unit. This unit is very, very important. Every little edge matters.
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

I like the list but would drop the Darkshards and run WE and two/three units of DR as core. If you get spare points, get more RBTs!

I also like to have the SS mounted on a Dark Steed and run her with a unit of fast cav (either DR or Warlocks depending on opposition). As Vietnow said, many armies are prepared to jump the lvl4 very quickly, and Vanguard combines so well with spells like Black Horror :).
Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Carsenik »

So i had a game yesterday against Lizardman. There salamanders always go through my WE like butter with the fire breath. Also, I had traradacles come fast on my flank. Not much I can do about them cause they are flying. Not sure what I can do about them much.

Here are the changes using the suggestions.

Supreme Sorc > Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, Dark Steed, Dark Lore

Death Hag - CoB, CoW, BSB, Fencers Blade

5 x Harpies

7 x Doomfire Warlocks - SS on steed here.

3 x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Total points 2399 pts
Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

Lovely list, only thing change is Harpies for another RBT.

The teradons and salamanders are your main priorities and need to die ASAP. Doombolts are great, cast two each turn and you should get rid of them quickly!
Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

Looks solid.
One thing I would change is making the Master BSB as I think the Death Hag is too squishy - but that is preference. :)
Also consider letting your SS ride with a unit of Dark Riders so you can be more offensive with your Warlocks and don't loose all your magic if you are unlucky enough (I tried that).
Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Carsenik »

Just a update from the list.

I had play this with a couple friends. It was DE and Skavn vs lizard man and DoC. So Everything was fine except the fact that when I put my SS with a group of Dark Riders. When a group of skinks killed 1 of my DR making the SS vulnerable to being targeted by Death spells. She was able to survive but only because of luck.

Also, I had the Fencer's Blades, but they didn't do much difference cause the Death Hag already has WS 6. So she hit on 3 or 4 anyways.

So I made a few changes to the list.

Master > Pegasus, Cloak of Twighlight, Sea Dragon Cloak, Lance, Heavy Armor

Supreme Sorc > Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Perservation, Dark Lore

Death Hag - CoB, CoW, BSB

5 x Harpies

8 x Dark Riders - XBows, shields, musician - SS here (extra DR for more look out saves)

6 x Doomfire Warlocks, with Master of Warlocks

3 x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Total points 2399 pts

I wonder if i have too many DR though, perhaps i can change for something else. Thoughts would be great.
Pablo
Shade

Post by Pablo »

So having used the razor standard, it is ace for anything that isn't a 1+ save. Also, I would just keep the dark riders as units of 5 so you have flexibility in which unit you deploy your sorc without giving away where she will be in chaffy fast cav deployments. Other than that the list looks solid.
Gerner's advice on the bsb could be good. It depends if the 18 inch range is better than the maneuverability and resilience of the peg master. Just food for thought.
Lastly, consider putting the sword of anti heroes on the hag for magic attacks/worthwhile in combat vs deathstars. She will deal a lot of pain quickly if charged by units with multiple characters.
Good luck!
Creating a Cult of Mathlann Army!