1500 All-mounted (well, almost) list for fancy tournament

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

1500 All-mounted (well, almost) list for fancy tournament

Post by Gastronauticon »

Tournament coming up this weekend. All input appreciated. What will this list struggle against? Does the lore fit? What would you replace? I was thinking about lore of heaven but double doombolts feels better for this list as I plan to do a lot of running about.

There is no comp per se but the ones who arrange the thing have a subjective system. Basically, if a list looks fun to play against, it is approved. This list is approved.

Characters
Sorceress L2 dark w/ steed, Dispel scroll & Ironcurse Icon
I am thinking Doombolt and something something else. Combos feels less likely with a L2 so I will be looking for stand alone usefulness. Matchup is guiding as per usual. Two mobile MM-dispensers should be generally useful though.

Master BSB w/ full armor kit, lance, Pegasus & Cloak of Twilight
Yeah, its That Guy. He complements the list I think.

Core
5 Dark Riders w/ rxb, shield
5 Dark Riders w/ rxb, shield
9 Dark Riders w/ rxb, shield & muso

Sorceress goes in this unit. It is somewhat unwieldy but I am thinking that the extra bodies serves as sort of a mobile bunker for her. The unit can also charge smallish units and come out on top more readily than two separate units of five.

Special
Hydra w/firey breath
Not entirely sure about the hydra. It is slow and prone to die from war machines. Flaming attacks are good to have though and it does pack decent punch for the points.
9 Cold One Knights w/champ, standard and gleaming pendant
I like this unit in other lists. It hits well enough and tends to do that where I choose. The possibility of having the sorceress here with power of darkness is slightly compelling though probably better for a L4 with decent ward save. Also, a full 10 would have been better but I could not find the points. 9 with a champ is 20 points cheaper and dishes out the same number of lance attacks.
2 RBT

Rare
5 Warlocks

Total: 1498
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: 1500 All-mounted (well, almost) list for fancy tournamen

Post by T.D. »

Looks a good list for 1500.

Personal taste, but I would be tempted by Metal or Death on the Sorc. Though magic missiles are always devastating in low points games so double Doom could be the way to go...

I'm underwhelmed by the new version Hydra, but it might be quite useful at 1500 points. A unit of 5 CoK on the other hand offers potential pincer charges when combined with DR double-flee and the other unit of Knights (not that you cant with the Hydra, but I like the epicness of charging lancers in each flank of an enemy unit :mrgreen: ). But Hydra's might soak up more damage and has template?

I'm vacillating :P It really depends on your preferred strategy, playstyle and tactics.

Tell us how you get on at the tourney :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Re: 1500 All-mounted (well, almost) list for fancy tournamen

Post by Gastronauticon »

Yes, the hydra might be a bit of a weak link in this particular list. I am keeping it against better judgement, primarily to keep the list "friendly" looking. Funny how hydra and friendly can be used in the same sentence in this edition. Well, almost.

Game on in a few minutes. Report later.
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.