2400 ETC List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Phoenixphire
Slave (off the Altar)

2400 ETC List

Post by Phoenixphire »

Here's my ETC list for an upcoming Tournament.
I'm open to changes, but would prefer some along the same lines - mainly because I've had a few practice games already and don't want to turn up to my local group with a completely new list xD

Supreme Sorceress - Level 4, Lore of Shadow, Talisman of Preservation
Master - BSB, Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield, Luckstone, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak
Sorceress - Level 2, Lore of Dark, Dispel Scroll
40 Dreadspears - Full Command
15 Darkshards - Musician, Shields
15 Darkshards - Musician, Shields
5 Dark Riders - Crossbows, Shields
30 Executioners - Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
5 Harpies
5 Doomfire Warlocks

Any suggestions would be welcome - and actually preferred for the Harpies (I don't want skirmishers because the tournament's movement tray requirements, are a bit awkward for me to do easily! xD)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: 2400 ETC List

Post by Amboadine »

Interesting list, very different to my own. I am not sure where you are getting any heavy hitters from though. The executioners are fine, but unsupported I am not sure they are going to win you the games.

I would personally swap out that massive unit of Dreadspears for witches, or at least slim it down, to get both.
Maybe move the flame banner on to some shards and put an armour pen banner on the executioners.

Just a few thought really, to keep the list fairly similar but with a few tweaks.
Phoenixphire
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Phoenixphire »

The flaming banner, I definately do agree with, I was unsure with that anyway mainly because of fighting a WoC DP - I don't want to fight it, but if I had to, my exes are my best bet and if he has a 2++ that ain't good :p.

I was trying to avoid using witch elves, because I didn't want to be using the wexecutioner lists everyone would be using, and the drawbacks of frenzy, while not bad - just made me not want to use them as much because of baits.. But thinking of it.. I could have up to 90 Xbow shots to clear chaff.. So I guess I don't have an excuse :p
Falstaff
Beastmaster

Post by Falstaff »

If you don't want to use the 2-combat block strategy, why even bother with 1?

Go avoidance and use small and quick special units like shades, units of CoK in 5, RBT and put on characters on horses/pegasus.

You could save some points dropping the second sorc, giving the Scroll to the level 4. Then add in another warlock unit.

Your Master to me seems deadly - in both ways. He is vulnerable to death snipes - and yes, there will be lots of death again this year, despite the restrictions trying to bring more variance. Personally, I like the Cloak of Twilight/1+ AS, lance, Steed, Rxb build best. He's pretty save and can stay with one of your fast. cav. units, adding in some BF6 shooting, while you can decide to charge something if you think it's save and add in 3 S6 attacks with D3 wounds.
Phoenixphire
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Phoenixphire »

Taken on board the suggestions, and this is the next list i'm thinking of then

Supreme Sorceress - Level 4, Lore of Shadow, Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll, Dark Steed
Master - BSB, Cloak of Twilight, Dark Steed, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Crossbow
34 Witch Elves - Full Command, Razor Standard
20 Darkshards - Musician, Banner, Banner of Eternal Flame, Shields
5 Dark Riders - Musician, Crossbows, Shields
35 Executioners - Full Command
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Doomfire Warlocks
Doomfire Warlocks

I condensed the Darkshards into one unit, to make the most out of the flaming banner, and with shields, it means they can be sword and board warriors to go into the flank of a unit or something should I need them to..
Razor Standard went on WE's because I felt that they needed it more, especially when they tournament is in May, so that means I can expect a lot of 3-4+ AS Dwarfs, Chaos warriors and knight buses etc.
Would you suggest the Characters to go in the two Warlock units or into Dark Riders?

I believe it's all to the ETC comp:

3. Army Building Restrictions
• All the Army building restrictions are applied only during the creation of the roster, and may be ignored during the game (for example, by joining characters to units or creating new units)
• The army lists allowed are those from any of the currently published GW Army Books, and The Legion of Azgorh from Tamurkhan. No other unit or army list may be used on the event.
• Special or Named Characters are not allowed
• Fozzrik’s Folding Fortress may not be taken.
• Units cannot be more than 60 models nor 450 points. This does not apply to characters.
• All army sizes are 2400 pt, except when specifically stated in brackets.

Dark Elves
• Reaper Bolt Thrower/Each 5 (or fraction) shade models/Dark Rider with Repeater Crossbow units/Darkshard units, max 7
• Dark Rider units, Characters on Dark Steed, max 3 each
• Each 5 (or fraction) Doomfire Warlock models/Supreme Sorceress with Lore of Death/Sacrificial Dagger, max 2
• Arnzipal’s Black Horror can’t be cast with more than 4 Power Dice
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

I would suggest ride the Lv4 with the warlocks to start, for the added protection. But make sure to detach her if you are likely to see combat.
Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Carsenik »

Got to be careful to put your Sorc with warlocks, you don't want to put all your magic into one group. It would be a nice target for a cannon.