Army Builder Project

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

manadar
Trainee Warrior

Army Builder Project

Post by manadar »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how each of you are building your list.
I have created a small excel to help doing the maths but maybe someone has an easier way.
I could improve my excel if there isn't so as to better suits needs and then share it.

Thanks for your input.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Army Builder Project

Post by Daeron »

These tools are currently available:
- Army builder: http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=army_builder
- quartermaster: http://quartermasterapp.com

Those are the only two that I know off.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I use Quartermaster, but there is also Battlescribe -- http://www.battlescribe.net
Truly These are the End Times ...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I use battlescribe myself.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

I use QM as well. Tried BS, but found the layout, look and availability/accuracy of files lacking.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Maybe I am a little old fashioned, but I just use a pen, paper and calculator.

I did create a nice excel file, but found I just enjoyed writing it down myself.
Dragon9
Assassin

Post by Dragon9 »

I am Army Builder all the way. Been using it for over a decade. Awesome program.
"The dark elves have everything cool. They are pirate blood cultist ninjas riding dinosaurs and flinging magic. They're metal. They're the most metal race out there, rivaled only by Warriors of Chaos. They bring a cauldron of boiling blood onto the battlefield. You don't get much more metal than that." -- Mostlyharmless on Warseer

My Blog: A Small World - My Life in Miniatures

Image Image
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Hi
A few years back I started a web based army builder program. I was new to Warhammer and hadn't heard of "Army Builder" but as a ex-programmer I was used to creating stuff I needed. I have been modifying it over the years and sad to say it has a few bugs due to the changes in CSS and javascript implementation by the various browsers, however I still like it, and find it easy to use.
It is entirely customisable, just edit the CSS file and their is an Admin program to allow you to change the units etc. If you are interested let me know I will give you more information on it and send you the program (free)
cheers
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

I am trying to attach a screenshot of the program, but not sure it is working :(
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

I just looked at the FAQ and it seems uploads may have been turned off for this forum, is there anything on the forum that indicates that?
Anyway I created an imgur account to hold one, if you want more, let me know and I will add some more

manadar
Trainee Warrior

Post by manadar »

Thanks for your help everyone.
I tried the army builder and by the look of CitizenKhaine's program, both have the same issue as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking for something simpler and quicker to use.
I will stick with my excel where I just tick cells even though it lacks all rules and characteristics.
Again thanks.
MangoPunch
Noble

Post by MangoPunch »

@CitizenKhaine: That looks awesome! Is it online, or do you have to download it?
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting
Loppamannen
Corsair

Post by Loppamannen »

I played about a year now and have never played anything like this game before and I find Armybuilder a very easy program to use and to modify. But I have BattleScribe for my Android and usually sits on the train back home tweeking my lists with new ideas :)
I especially like the pdf converter for Armybuilder. So when I go into combat I usually just bring the models I usually use and have all my lists on my Dropbox/iPad if I need to do some changes.
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

MangoPunch wrote:@CitizenKhaine: That looks awesome! Is it online, or do you have to download it?

Hi MangoPunch - no, the program isn't online-although it is built to be. I must look to see if there is a free hosting site that wont mess with it. most have frames and ads that mess it up.
Other than that I would need to zip it up and send it to you, let me know.
Another feature I like about it, is most of the thumbnails are photos of my models and clicking on them brings up a 500x500 view of the model. I paint more than I play so looking at my models is a plus :)