First Time 1000pt x Dwarves

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

gamerlocke
Slave (off the Altar)

First Time 1000pt x Dwarves

Post by gamerlocke »

Hey people,

I'm trying to build my first list for Dark Elves to combat my friend's Dwarf army. This is the first battle I have with the Dark Elves and would like them to start off with a bang. Through some short introduction battles we ran through, I know he loves Organ Guns, Gyrobombers, Thunderers, Hammerers, and Iron Breakers. Not sure what his army is going to be but that's what I've seen before. Please let me know if you think anything should be changed or if you think I'm taking the wrong approach. Any productive critique is good.

Lords (245)
Supreme Sorceress - Lvl 4 Wizard (Shadow) - Sacrificial Dagger (245)

Heroes (139)
Master - Dark Pegasus - Heavy Armor, Lance, Sea Dragon Cloak, Enchanted Shield (139)

Core (261)
Darkshard x 20 - Shields (130)
Witch Elves x 10 - Champion, Standard Bearer (130)

Special (225)
Executioners x 15 - Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician - Banner of Swiftness (225)
Doomfire Warlocks x 5 (125)

My main plan is to use the Master on Pegasus to try and take out any Organ Guns and other War-machines with assistance from the Doomfire Warlocks. Supreme Sorceress could add spell support to suppress some of the shooting or flying units while my Witches and executioners get into melee. After that/before that, she can switch to melee support and help with de-buff if available. Darkshard are available for early game shooting or sacrificial spell support.

Let me know what you think guys.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: First Time 1000pt x Dwarves

Post by Amboadine »

First up let me welcome you to the forum.

The list in itself is pretty solid and could run as it is however points to consider;
Trying to fit a lvl 4 in at 1000 points against a dwarfs seems a little bit unnecassary, as you will potentially find it hard to get many spells off.
You may be lucky if he likes infantry blocks rather than gunlines, as we have little in the way of armour in many cases.

Suggestions, maybe run the Peg character as a lord and give him the Cloak of Twilight for better punch in combat and better protection whilst you are trying to get to his war machines. Drop the SS to a lvl2, you may also find metal and heavens good choices against dwarfs.