1000 Points

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

DA SAVAGE
Warrior

1000 Points

Post by DA SAVAGE »

Lord
Dreadlord Pegasus Armour of Destiny Shield Lance 250
Hero
Matser Pegasus BSB Cloak of Twilight Shield HA Lance 182
Core
10 Darkshards 120
5 Dark Riders XBow Shield 100 x2
Rare
10 Doomfire Warlocks 250
1002 points
I think it is a solid list try to get on flanks with Pegasus and Warlocks and combo charge DR and Dark shards to clear out chaff if you get the BSB down to 180 it is 1000 points exact i could see what to get rid of on him but dont have my book on me.
Be as honest as possible. I recently ran a 1500 list like this but more points on lord added a kharibdyss and 5 Darkshards and tied with only a 3 points diffrence vs ogre!
Thanks in Advance
This was my third army my other armies are
3200 points of dwarfs
3000 of tomb kings
About 3000 of this but it will be 4000 after Christmas
And 2500 Orcs and Goblins
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 1000 Points

Post by Thraundil »

This list has magnificent potential. You could consider putting the dreadlord on a horse... A 3+ armor save pegasus character is drastically more squishy than a 1+ armor save one, and you get the 1+ armor save 'for free' on a dark steed, and even free up another 20 odd points for magic items, which means you could give him a charmed shield, a talisman of preservation, OR you could run the ogre blade + dawnstone + charmed shield combo.

Full 'cheese' list (if you have the models?):
Dreadlord, steed, HA, SDC, charmed shield, dawnstone, ogre blade, repeater crossbow 249
Master BSB, pegasus, HA, SDC, shield, cloak of twilight, lance, repeater crossbow 218
2x7 dark riders, crossbows, shields
10 warlocks

Bam! Full movement 9 list with a flying BSB and hell of a punch if you can get the warlocks with lord + master in at once.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
DA SAVAGE
Warrior

Post by DA SAVAGE »

Sounds good I will be using your list for my next 1000 battle. (Hopefully this weekend) just so he can get back into the swing if things
3200 points of dwarfs
3000 of tomb kings
GeoffDiGeoff
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

Just a quickie, as I'm sorta copying this list myself :) Can you have the SDC and Cloak of twilight on the master at the same time? I would have guessed not, but not 100% sure.
DA SAVAGE
Warrior

Post by DA SAVAGE »

GeoffDiGeoff wrote:Just a quickie, as I'm sorta copying this list myself :) Can you have the SDC and Cloak of twilight on the master at the same time? I would have guessed not, but not 100% sure.

Yes you can . One is mundane armour and the other is an enchanted item
3200 points of dwarfs
3000 of tomb kings
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

Yeah the list Thraundil made looks like so much fun! I can't wait to get my hands on some boxes of riders. Let us know how you did with your first list and then with the full M9 list!
My favorite unit ATM: Cold One Knights
DA SAVAGE
Warrior

Post by DA SAVAGE »

Bloodshakes wrote:Yeah the list Thraundil made looks like so much fun! I can't wait to get my hands on some boxes of riders. Let us know how you did with your first list and then with the full M9 list!

i won my game but it was very close! a few bad rolls to save by my brother's general making his army crumble and giving me the win!!!!
i only used Thraundil's list as i have only done one 1000 point game since but it was a fun list and game!
3200 points of dwarfs
3000 of tomb kings
Bloodshakes
Corsair

Post by Bloodshakes »

wmars12 wrote:
Bloodshakes wrote:Yeah the list Thraundil made looks like so much fun! I can't wait to get my hands on some boxes of riders. Let us know how you did with your first list and then with the full M9 list!

i won my game but it was very close! a few bad rolls to save by my brother's general making his army crumble and giving me the win!!!!
i only used Thraundil's list as i have only done one 1000 point game since but it was a fun list and game!

Yeah! :D
My favorite unit ATM: Cold One Knights
GeoffDiGeoff
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

I ran Thraundil's list this evening with a few tweaks vs Ogre's.Was pretty much the same except I ran 3x5 Dark riders and the master was not a BSB.
We called it at the end of Turn 3 :) He'd killed 10 Dark Riders and 3 warlocks and had only 3 leadbelchers left.

Peg master took out 2 Mournfang in a single turn (last one fled and was run down) which was pretty cool.

In fairness, his face hell when he saw me unload nothing but cav :)
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

Thraundil, if I play 1000 tomorrow I am totally running something akin to your list. Only changes being a Giant Blade on my Dreadqueen, and Darkriders in packs of six. Should be really, really mean :P
Lodoss1980
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lodoss1980 »

Very nice list Thraundil.

I am going to run this in a team tournament next week.
However I have to questions to understand the army:

- Do you run to lord on steed solo or....?
- The locks do you run them 1x10 or 2x5?

Kind regards and thanks in advance!