theory crafting: mobile 1k list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

maximon
Dark Rider

theory crafting: mobile 1k list

Post by maximon »

so i did some theory crafting. would this work?

the idea is i want to indirectly fight things; with magic, good movement positioning, and shooting. i want to shoot stuff/magic stuff like block units into a manageable farce that my Calvary can just charge combo charge in multiple areas (flank and rear simultaneously). magic will be a bit of a crutch, unfortunately. naturally i'd just harass him for 2-3 turns, 4 at the most, then just combo kill it, BUT, i would need to kill chaff and the like, against horde armies i could probably just charge it turn one if possible with cold ones and doomfires, probably enough to kill a slave block and make it flee.
heroes:

lvl 2 mage, dark steed. either dispell scroll or tome of furion, lore of dark magic. 160 points (general)

core:

11 dark riders. full command. crossbows and shields. 250 points.

special:

10 cold one knights. full command. banner of discipline. 345 points.

rare:

10 doomfire warlocks. 250 points.

any thoughts?

the main reason i am doing this is for practice for maneuvering, but at the same time i do want it to actually be viable
war was made for blood. blood was made for pleasure
Khaleth Blackheart
Would-be Seerlord or Quack doctor

Re: theory crafting: mobile 1k list

Post by Khaleth Blackheart »

If you want go avoidance then split the units, then you can split the shooting from the dark riders and target different chaff units.
Splitting the warlocks gives you two channels and two sets of spells.
And with two units of locks I'd be tempted to drop the sorceress and run a master on dark steed, two level 2's is a good amount of magic and the extra combat power and higher leadership will be more useful than more magic IMHO.
maximon
Dark Rider

Post by maximon »

the goal is that these units are big enough to pack a punch, but also incredibly mobile. when it comes to combat something in melee combat ill combo charge with the doomfires and cold one knights, hoping for both flank and rear, hell, maybe even throw in the dark riders if they can get me the rear (and that's the only time id ever consider throwing them in combat with a block unit)
maximon
Dark Rider

Post by maximon »

hopefully turn one my doomfires and dark riders can charge a two separate chaff units (and since this 1k points there will be ~ 3 chaff units at the most) should they be in a fantastic area without threat of being charged, or shoot / doombolt each one respectively
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Agree with Khaleth, to play avoidance, you definitely need to split the DR's and Warlocks.
The hard hitting would come from the Cok, with combo charges from one or more of the small units in the rear or flank.
With 2 units of Warlocks the Lv2 does become a little unnecessary at this points level and a character to lead the CoK's becomes a better alternative.