2.5k tournament list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

MexicanNinja
Shade

2.5k tournament list

Post by MexicanNinja »

I've been working on my Dark Elf tournament list and have come up with a unique and extremely new(ish) 2,500 point army list. Next to each unit will be the current swedish comp score (if you see that I miscalculated something, please let me know in a reply and why I miscalculated something for the comp score)

Generic Comp Score (-20):
Dawnstone -3
Dispel Scroll -7
Earthing Rod -5
Ogre Blade -5

Dreadlord w/heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, cold one, ogre blade, talisman of preservation, TOTS (-16)
It's not the "unkillable" build of the past but I think this guy can clear out chaff, small units of cavalry, go in for character kills, serve as a support charger, and provide problems to weak enemy flanks

Supreme Sorceress w/lore of shadow, level 4 wizard, cloak of twilight, earthing rod (- 40)
Takes on the role of support caster to get off hexes on enemy units, provide a possible threat with mind razor on my dreadspears, and has pit of shades, and a possible "cannon ball" for sniper kills. She also has the freedom of running around the battlefield solo style with the 3++ vs shooting and magic and with the earthing rod can help resist the urge of a dimensional cascade

Sorceress w/lore of dark magic, level 2 wizard, dispel scroll (-11)
She takes on the form of either a supporting caster or damage caster (depending on the spells rolled) and acts as the "scroll caddy"

Master w/bsb, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, sword of might, enchanted shield, dawnstone (-15)
My standard BSB build and a model to get some CR in close combat

Master w/repeater crossbow, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield, dark pegasus, obsidian blade (-13)
He's built for multiple roles; war machine hunting, chaff clearing, lock down a unit of knights (he'll get the 2+ against most knight units and they get no armour saves), support charges, redirects, etc

10 Dark Riders w/musician, standard bearer, shields, repeater crossbows (-15)
No explanation needed

10 Dark Riders w/musician, standard bearer, shields, repeater crossbows (-17)
No explanation needed

22 Dreadspears w/musician, standard bearer (-6)
The bunker for my level 2 and also holds the bsb. In the games I get mind razor this unit could be a serious threat at the right moments in time. They also work as the anvil in turns I get supporting charges from the chariots or other units. I know they aren't the best anvil but like I said, mind razor makes this unit extremely good and with the hex's offered through lore of shadow they could stand up to many things.

5 Shades w/great weapons (-9)
A great tool to use as needed through the use of scouts. Great for clearing chaff, possible war machine hunters, I could also sacrifice them to go in for a possible wizard kill.

Cold One Chariot (-6)
Mainly used to support my dreadspears

Cold One Chariot (-9)
Mainly used to support my dreadspears

Reaper Bolt Thrower (-7)
It's the love-hate relationship for all dark elf players. It has the potential to clear chaff, take down a few ranks before close combat starts, or kill some models with armour. However, we all know how these things work so it's more or less just here for hopeful fire support.

War Hydra w/fiery breath (-12)
Used to protect a flank, support my dreadlord, or sacrifice itself for a possible wizard kill

5 Doomfire Warlocks (-24)
No explanation needed

Bloodwrack Medusa (-2)
This is a tricky one. The medusa does have many purposes but is hard to keep alive and hard to use effectively due to being frenzied with a LD 2. However, it can kill knights with the shooting attack and can still clear chaff, go in for a wizard kill, and still act as a support charger. It also has the benefits from ASF and MP. This can also be used to help protect my level 4 by acting as a re-director.

This is the new Dark Elf list I am going to be playing with for a while and I like what it has. It has a lot of potential threats and I am not relying on any one unit to do something tremendous for me through out the game. I also like that this list makes me "break" my normal builds and is starting to push me towards a different direction. I think this list has potential and would/could provide my opponents with a challenging game.

Final Comp Score = 7.8