etc 2.5 draft mounted list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mtorma
Slave (off the Altar)

etc 2.5 draft mounted list

Post by Mtorma »

Steeds and pegasus heavily comped in 2.5 draft I started to think about alternative to obviously good helllebron list for next tournament. Details aside, this is what i was pondering...
DL, coldone, 1+ armor, giantblade, dawnstone
DL , coldone 1+, ogreblade, charmed shield, 4++ talisman
SS lvl4, coldone, ring of hotek, dispel scroll
2xmaster, coldone, 1+, lance
master bsb coldone, cloak of twilight, lance

10 darkriders , fullcmd, shield , rxb
5 darkriders mus
20 rxb shootas
4x reaper
10 CK + movebanner + fullcommand
OR
5 CK and 5 warlocks

Has anyone tried something like this? Idea would be to move fastcavalry into position and then onebyone the characters into sweet positions. This somewhat compensates lack of manouverabilty of coldones compared to steeds. I have succesfully played this kind of list with steeds but then there is no need of unit hopping. Ward lord and bsb should be able to leave units but others need to stick into them.

Giving lore of beast to mage makes the opponent fear savage beast so other spells might have easier day to get through.

If all characters were to hit simultanously it would be like 4xS7 13xS6 and 10xS4 + something from the unit they are in. Ought to be enough against anything else than skaven slave box. And opponent would be hitting back against wall of 1+ armor.
Moving might be tricky thou... feasible?
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: etc 2.5 draft mounted list

Post by Mikael.k »

Well, lore of light wouldnt be bad in this list. Bironas makes that CK unit very fast and very hitty. The other buffs enhances the unit aswell.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

I haven't played a list like this but it looks promising.

In the early days of the 8th book, I read of people having tournament success with multiple Cold One characters (to overcome the early comp on steed riders).

I like the idea of 10 + move banner, but would also try and squeeze some Warlocks in there somehow (comp dependent of course).

Are ET lists allowed? Because High Magic and World Dragon banner would suit this list well :mrgreen:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Knetsch
Slave on the Altar

Post by Knetsch »

I am actually working on a somewhat similar ETC list.. so this thread caught my interest..

Then I did notice an small error with the ETC 2.5 draft though. You have more than 80 (84) repeater shots, which cost you 2 additional choices (which renders the list incorrect unfortunately). It is easily remedied by removing dropping 2 repeater crossbowmen..
Ampao
Assassin

Post by Ampao »

arent you (pool) 1pt over? with six characters on Cold Ones? I am interested in this list and would like to tweak it! :)
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

I honestly don't rate the Cold Ones. I think you will find that your characters become to restricted and that your bus will die quickly against armies with decent shooting. How about playing around with fewer mounts, but using pegs instead? There are some good builds floating around on the internet.