1750 End Times League

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Soulglaive
Slave on the Altar

1750 End Times League

Post by Soulglaive »

My current league is progressing to 1750 points. Basically end times anything goes no Khaine Magic.

Here is what i have in mind
1750 Pts - Host of the Eternity King Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1746

Spellweaver (350 pts) = level 4, unicorn, dispel scroll, talisman of preservation, lore of high magic

Master (188 pts) = Dark Pegasus, Lance, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Cloak of Twilight

12 Glade Guard (190 pts) - musician, true flight arrows

16 Glade Guard (250 pts) - Musician, Hagbane tips

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower (70 pts)

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower (70 pts)

6 Wild Riders (188 pts) - Shields. Standard Bearer with Banner of Eternal Flame

6 Cold One Knights (195 pts) - Standard Bearer with Gleaming Pennant

5 Doomfire Warlocks (125 pts)

6 Waywatchers (120 pts)

There is a large variety of opponents Ive mainly been having issues with Skaven and Daemons/Legion of chaos up to this point

My collection consists of Dark elves and Wood elves plus 1 phoenix with most options available.

Basic tactic is a fire base while overwhelming one flank with the fast elements.

Appreciate your input
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: 1750 End Times League

Post by T.D. »

Thats a very nasty list for 1750 :shock:

Each element is effective individually and in combination.

Lores of Shadow and Metal would complement this list well -- especially against Daemons/WoC -- although with Life you have the ability to keep your fragile troops alive and threaten Dwellers (and of course, you get the counters to keep the mage alive).
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Soulglaive
Slave on the Altar

Post by Soulglaive »

:twisted:

Yeah its been pretty cut throat of late

But I've been using High Magic very successfully thus far. Its has great utility.
Arcane Unforging has been especially useful
Fiery Convocation helps with slave hordes
Hand of Glory on the bolt throwers

It compliments the brolocks

Ive debated fitting in a level 2 with metal to complement and help with armor, but the way watchers and bolt throwers should hopefully handle it.
-or-
Fitting in a pegasus dread lord with other trickers shard, ogre blade, Talisman of preservation to go Demon Prince hunting.

I also like the idea of a tooled anointed on frost heart

No empire as of now but Dwarfs, Ogre, and Chaos cannons are around
Coop
Dark Rider

Post by Coop »

It's a great looking list. I would definitely not like to face that list with my daemons. My only comment is that it seems like the cold ones don't fit into the list quite as well. They're a little slower than the other cav, have stupidity, and can't shoot. If you're looking to change anything up, you could remove them for another fast unit or even more shooting (more bolt throwers might help with stronger units).
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

I think a Frost Phoenix looks like the best power/points ratio addition ...possibly for the COK as Coop says.

It can't kill the big nasties of the game, but it can certainly roadblock them for a few turns. It will also do horrible things in combination with your Wild Riders and Warlocks :twisted:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Soulglaive
Slave on the Altar

Post by Soulglaive »

Where would you make up the extra points for the frost heart?

Drop the knights gives me 199 need 41 more points.

I can drop the way watchers and add another bolt thrower puts me at 1741, give the mage or master a ranged weapon and call it good?
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

I'm just getting back in to the game and its nice to see the Master on Pegasus still being used. If you are having issues with Skaven, you may look in to a block of Eternal Guard or even Blackguard. Any sort of block that you can trust to more or less sit by itself and serve as a pivot for your faster elements moving around a flank should help.