Morathi and Peg Master or Peg Dread and SS (2400)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cicciuz
Warrior

Morathi and Peg Master or Peg Dread and SS (2400)

Post by Cicciuz »

Hi all, I would like to have some suggestion on the lord/heroes choice for my army list.
I ll be in a tournament no end of times and for sure 6 warrior of chaos army out of 20

LORD
Morathi
HEROES
master peg with CoT
Peg on CO (bsb) with RoH
Death Hag (Corsairs)
CORE
16xDarkshards w banner eternal flame
27xCorsars w 2weapons
5x DR w musician
SPECIAL
20xExecutioners
7xCO
1xCO Charriot
2xRBT
RARE
5xWarlock

STRATEGY
2 big blocks: CO and frenzied Corsairs, supported by Exec and chariot on each side.
Doubt:
Morathi and peg master (OP1) or Dreadlord (CoT, Dawnstone, OTC) on peg and SS (TOP and scroll of dispersion) (OP2) .
In OP1 Morathi is just a game breaker but get annilhated so easily.
in the second option I am tempted to play the ss in the cold one and choose metal. with glittering robe she will be armour 3+ and ward 4+ very hard for a SS. Moreover final transmutation is it good against big unit of infantry (warriors). Alternatively in the corsairs but it will still be in CC often.

Swiftness on the corsairs to make them going like the CO?
Thanks!!
BruceATL
Corsair

Re: Morathi and Peg Master or Peg Dread and SS (2400)

Post by BruceATL »

Well if you're running Morathi, I'd bump the Warlocks up a bit. You might not be able to because of comp but 6 is better than 5. Morathi is very good, but she works best in an avoidance army like all Dark Riders and Warlocks. Then she has multiple units to jump to for protection. Dreadlord on Peg is very strong but you limit him with no Magic Weapon. An Ogre Blade with the CoT and charmed shield/luckstone combo makes him more versatile. I like the SS with metal for buffs and Final Trans. I would probably keep her in the infantry blocks for better protection than the Cold Ones.

So to answer your question, I'd go with 2nd option.