1500 Friendly List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tomahawker
Slave on the Altar

1500 Friendly List

Post by Tomahawker »

Hi Guys!

New to the forum, new to the game and new to DE player here :)

My gaming group (all noobs like myself) currently consists of Skaven, VC and HE. So far we've been playing 1000p games and my previous list has been based on the DE Warhost of Naggaroth kit plus a sorceress. I've been able to utilise all my units quite well and I'm undefeated as of yet :twisted:

Now we're upping the games to 1500p and I was hoping you guys could comment on my new list, which is pretty much an expansion of the 1000p list.

LORDS

Supreme Sorceress
+Level 4 (Dark Magic)
+Dispel Scroll
+Talisman of Preservation

HEROES

Master
+BSB
+Seadragon Cloak
+Armour of Fortune
+Enchanted Shield

CORE

19 Black Ark Corsairs
+Full Command
+Additional Hand Weapons

20 Darkshards
+Shields

SPECIAL

1 War Hydra
+ Fiery Breath

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

5 Cold One Knights

1 Cold One Chariot

The plan is to put the Master in with the Corsairs and the Sorceress bunkered in with the Darkshards. Corsairs march up the middle, shooters shoot and COK, Chariot and Hydra hit the flanks. Not sure if a need another anvil unit besides the Corsairs.

My rationale for taking a lvl 4 is that both the VC and Skaven players always field at least a lvl 4 and a lvl 1. Not sure if I should take a Dreadlord and lvl 2 instead though. Let me know what you veteran guys think!

Thanks for your time!
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Re: 1500 Friendly List

Post by Lord hajjij »

I'd seriously consider replacing the darkshards with dark riders or doomfire warlocks. There's a reason everyone takes them.

I'd also consider going 7x3 with the corairs vs what I'm guessing is 5x4. (especially against skaven and vc)
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Tomahawker
Slave on the Altar

Post by Tomahawker »

I have indeed been running the Corsairs 5x4. Will definitely go 7x3 for the extra attacks from now on. Solid advice, thanks!

Cutting the Darkshards sounds interesting and would leave me points for 10 Dark Riders/Doomfire Warlocks. Would you recommend taking 5 of each or going all out on one of them? I have no experience with either one, but from an aesthetic point of view the Dark Riders look more badass 8)

Thank you for your input!
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

Dark riders are incredibly bad ass. As are warlocks. Both units are considered some of the best in the entire game.

I'd go one unit of each to start. You will retain some shooting, and also have access to the incredibly nasty spells the warlocks bring to the table. Both spells combo well with your army.

Another bonus of including them is that you can mount your sorceress on a steed and hide her in a unit, which increases her usefulness as well.

By the way, you can't have 2 magic armor items on your BSB, only one per character.

-Sun Tzu
Tomahawker
Slave on the Altar

Post by Tomahawker »

Sounds like a plan! I'll field one of each unit instead of the Darkshards next game.

Any thoughts on including a Dreadlord, or does the list pack enough punch with the above amendment?

Many thanks for your time!
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

Some would say the army lacks punch. I think that a War Hydra + CoC + Knights is pretty good punch for 1500 points though. Let's just say that you could go for more - by swapping in witch elves instead of corsairs - but my advice was more on tweaks to your current list instead of re-writing the whole thing!

If you get the Warlocks in there, and mount your Sorceress on a steed, then you get some punch in the magic phase with double Doombolt and Black Horror

-Sun Tzu
Tomahawker
Slave on the Altar

Post by Tomahawker »

Since I'm still a beginner tweaks are exactly what I was looking for :)

I'm thinking I'll put the Sorceress on steed with Dark Riders on one flank and the Warlocks on the other to cover both sides of the board with magic. Are there any downsides to bunkering the Sorceress with Dark Riders rather than Warlocks? Against the Skaven player I think I'll drop the CoC and field another unit of Dark Riders to deal with all his damn cannons war machines.
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

Generally, sure, that's a fine place to deploy her. You can hopefully vanguard the unit somewhere out of harm's way.

Always keep in the back of your mind that you can remove the sorceress from that unit and join the warlocks or cold one knights should the dark riders begin taking casualties, or split out on her own, or even join the Corsair unit for some protection against BS based shooting. Be flexible and try and think one turn ahead.

-Sun Tzu
Tomahawker
Slave on the Altar

Post by Tomahawker »

Thanks a ton for all your input Lord hajjij! Much appreciated!