1000 Point First WHFB Army

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dakarus
Slave on the Altar

1000 Point First WHFB Army

Post by Dakarus »

Hi All,

i play a lot of WH40K whit my friends, now and all my friends start an Army in WHFB.
And i follow them whit the Druchii, i like it to be the calculating, back-stabbing, bad guy.
Its a nice alternation from the "i eat all" Tyranid army.

I buy the Dark Elf Warhost of Naggaroth and Dark Riders.
I also ordered some bits from Black Guard, Witch Elves & Dark Riders to creat my own variant of a Sorceress and Hero on dark steed.

To the List Idee:

Master on Steed
+ Full mundane armour
+ Lance
+ Dark steed
+ Dragonhelm
+ Sword of Might

---------- 128 P.

Darkshards (14)
+ musician
+ Shield

---------- 192 P.

Black Ark Corsairs (21 - 7x3)
+ full command
+ banner of eternal flame
+ Small/Hand Crossbows (?)

---------- 275 P.

Dark Riders (5)
+ musician
+ Shield
+ Crossbows

---------- 120 P.

Cold One Knights
+ musician
+ Champion
+ Shrieking Blade

---------- 190 P.

Cold One Chariot

---------- 115 P.

============== 1000 P. ==============

any changes ? thxalot
Coop
Dark Rider

Re: 1000 Point First WHFB Army

Post by Coop »

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if you have a magic weapon you have to use it over any mundane weapons. I believe that includes lances (unless your Bretonnia), so you can probably drop the lance on the master if he's already got a sword.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

If you have the model or a way to get one, a War Hydra is absolutely terrifying in small points battles.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Dakarus
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dakarus »

So let the Knights fall and to take the Hydra ?

Lance have allways to use on charge attack ....
Magic Wappan have always to use until i lost here.

Thats a bit confusing ...maybe my German rulebook, is not so accurate like the englisch rulebook.
f4n745y
Trainee Warrior

Post by f4n745y »

If you have a CC magic weapon, you loose all your other CC weapons. So you can't use your lance. You can equip an Ogre Blade (+2 St always)
tehnico
Warrior

Post by tehnico »

f4n745y wrote:If you have a CC magic weapon, you loose all your other CC weapons. So you can't use your lance. You can equip an Ogre Blade (+2 St always)

Not all, everyone is assumed to have at least a hand weapon. Fluff wise, battlefields are full of chattle and gear from slain fighters, hand weapons can be found anywhere in a pinch.
f4n745y
Trainee Warrior

Post by f4n745y »

tehnico wrote:
f4n745y wrote:If you have a CC magic weapon, you loose all your other CC weapons. So you can't use your lance. You can equip an Ogre Blade (+2 St always)

Not all, everyone is assumed to have at least a hand weapon. Fluff wise, battlefields are full of chattle and gear from slain fighters, hand weapons can be found anywhere in a pinch.

I mean you can't use your mundane weapon if you have a magic one. You have a mundane hand weapon if your magic weapon is destroyed.
IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

Post by IcemanDraich »

I'll make these changes:
You should bring some magic. Doomfire Warlock are the best in my opinion, take one or two group of 5 of them. Alternatively take a sorceress lvl 2.

The CoK are nice flanker but stupidity is nasty, i'll drop them or find place for a BsB on a Cold One. A thing that can work is to give them the gleming pennant that let them reroll a failed Ld one time.

Give the corsairs the AHW they are your sort of Anvil so they are supposed to be in cc.

Drop the chariot for the warlocks.

If you keep the master give him CoT and a lance and drop the magic weapon. Is pretty expensive for a 1000 points. Consider maybe a general on foot with OTS, Dawnstone and Enchanted or Charmed Shield.

Drop the Darkshards for 2 RBT or another Dark Riders unit. Or another warlock unit.
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

If you want to keep your army composition as the way it is, you should probably not give your CoK Champion a magic weapon, since once again he wouldn't be able to use his lance anymore. A standard bearer is more suitable there. The LD+1 banner is also very good for the Knights as it halves the amount of failed stupidity tests.

If you want to stick with the Dreadlord you should probably give him a mount and add some powerful magic items (some of the more common ones are: Ogre Blade, Other Trickster's Shard, some ward save, Cloak of Twilight, Dawnstone, …)
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com