2400 ETC Infantry MSU

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Coop
Dark Rider

2400 ETC Infantry MSU

Post by Coop »

Hey,

I put together an ETC list based on smaller infantry units that could back each other up.

LORDS
Supreme Sorceress - Level 4, Dispel Scroll, Ring of Hotek, Dark Steed

HEROES
Master - BSB, SDC, HA, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation (1+ 4++)
Master - SDC, HA, Shield, Shrieking Blade, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm (1+ rerollable)

CORE
14 x Witch Elves - Musician, Standard, Banner of the Eternal Flame
14 x Witch Elves - Musician, Standard
10 x Dark Riders - Full Command, Shields, Xbows
5 x Dark Riders - Musician, Shields, Xbows

SPECIAL
4 x Bolt Thrower
16 x Executioners - Full Command, Banner of Swiftness
14 x Executioners - Full Command, Standard of Discipline

RARE
5 x Warlocks
10 x Warlocks - Champion

It comes in at exactly 2400 and its five choices are 1+ bolt thrower, 3 for 15 warlocks, and 1 for dark steed mounted character. The plan would be to place the Sorceress in either the dark riders or warlocks depending on the match-up and moving around to get in flanks and cast. The masters can go in the executioners or witches depending on the situation and they will try to get into favorable combats asap.

My question would be, what seems like a good lore for the sorceress? Life doesn't seem the best because I can kill low strength units in combat and my units aren't big enough to make the buffs really worth it. Shadow might be good because I can hex my opponent's big blocks and combo charge. But I usually find that I can just soul blight and it will almost be as good as any of the shadow spells.

Fire might be nice because it would add even more shooting, one of the spells is +1 to wound which is great for witches, and flame cage can really make a difference in the game. Metal might be nice also for +1 to hit on executioners, improving their save to 3+, getting through high armor, and final transmutation is great for hordes.

Any thoughts on lores / the list? Thanks!
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: 2400 ETC Infantry MSU

Post by Mikael.k »

IMO you should merge those executioners, maybe even the witches aswell. To me, it seems like the armies that can shoot well have no trouble deleting such small units in one go. Shadow or Metal would be my choices for lore :) I think that infantry based DE is what will see a lot in this years ETC.
Coop
Dark Rider

Post by Coop »

That's an interesting suggestion to combine the units. It might be harder for them to maneuver, but would definitely be harder to shoot off the board/break with flank charges.
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

Give it a go :) I´d love to see how that works in a battle report ;) Working on infantry based lists myself.