2400 no comp no end of times - need suggestions

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cicciuz
Warrior

2400 no comp no end of times - need suggestions

Post by Cicciuz »

Hi guys, I have put together an army for a tournament, no comp no end of times. I have a couple of doubt but the list is pretty much sorted
the pitch is 48'' and it is usually quite full with the scenario, so i am a bit afraid on the manoeuvrability
LORDS:
Morathi

HEROES
Master BSB, OTC and anti-heroes (with exec)
master on peg, twilight

CORE
10 corsairs
15 witches (5x3) w razor
10 dark rider
5 DR

SPECIAL
5 Cold one Knights
27 exec (7x4)
5 CO
CO chariot
2 RBT

RARE
5 Warlocks

Strategy: 2 big block of infantry, witches (that uses the corsairs as human shields against arrow) and exec. The two group of cold one flank the infantry on both side and the charriot support them or stay in the middle of the two blocks. DR and Warlock on the side trying to get behind the lines. Morathi starts in CO and jumps on DR as they move forward.
not a lot of shooting, but planning to get a lot of doombolt!!

DOUBTS:
I am not sure if keeping both 2 units on CO and the Charriot. I might replace one of them for a unit of shades. what do you think?
how can i make the charriot effective to flank? given that it is slower than the infantry, if it is going next to them it will always have to charge in front while i want him to charge on the flank
better 2 small units of CO or a big hammer of 10?
2 units of 5 shades or 1 big of 10? AHW, GW or nothing?
get the exec into horde?
get the exec a banner? which one?

[I do not have more witches to put on the table]
Timiketh
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: 2400 no comp no end of times - need suggestions

Post by Timiketh »

This is very much my opinion, so take it or leave it, but here goes! We'll start with the positives...

Morathai - 24 carat fried gold. Win

Heroes...meh, standard, don't mind them

Doomfires - I like 6, but 5 is fine

Execs, good stuff, like em. Banner of Discipline on them?

Ok now the dodgy...

Witches - 15 is no where near enough, no where at all one round of wood elf shooting, dead. One round of TK shooting, dead. One fireball/doombolt/banishment/gaze of Nagash/bor asically any 2D6 MM, take them off. 15 is junk mate, drop the corsairs and add 10 more witches. Also razor is too expensive on that unit. drop it, take Banner of Swiftness and 3 more witches with the points saved. Seriously mate, take 30+ witches or don't bother.

Dark riders - I assume they have shields and xbows (if not they should) take 2 units of 6 with a muso. Use any spare points to buy more witches.

2 RBT - I run 2. I find it a little neither here or there, but it's tough to find the points sometimes...

Now to the appalling...

Cold One knight - rubbish rubbish rubbish. Absolute trash, 30 points for T3 2+? Honestly mate they are mega turd. Hate to say it because they have sweet as models, but they are w*nk.

CO Chariot - See COKs. Too slow.

I'd drop all the cold ones and the chariot and plough those points into making your peg hero a lord, upping your Doomfires and getting 2 more RBTs.

Shades are pretty terrible (see witches above).

Your plan relies on having 2 'blocks' and you've only got 1 (the execs). If any of your current 15 witches see combat you're on the bottom tables and playing a chump. Morathai doesn't want to be in the DR as it takes away their fast cav status, and that is stella