[1500 point for fun/casual need suggestions]

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

[1500 point for fun/casual need suggestions]

Post by IcemanDraich »

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and to whf too.
I apologize for my english, i'm from italy so my spelling could be a little trivial.

I need some suggestions on what kind of models to collect because they are pretty expensive and i'm a slow painter.

Let's start from the beginning. I play with my friends and anyone have a different army, we play what we like most and sometimes it's not a tactical game but more of a "how will be the luckyest of us?".
By the way no one of us dislike competition so the list are sometimes different from netlist but still competitive (i our friends meta)

So what i need is not a cheesy list, just a competitive/fun and cool list.

The list have to be balanced because i will face skavens hordes as elites magic lizardmans as though WoC, the list goes on.

My list (for now)

General Sorceress lvl 2 (Death) + Dscroll, Dark Steed
Master BsB HA, SDC, OTS, Dawnstone, Ench Shield

28 WE FC +Razor

20 Executioners FC Eternal Flame

3 RBT

6 Doomlock

10 SoS FC

It's not completely legal but who care for a friend game?

I dislike running my sorc into the Doomlock coz they lose effectivness but i don't have another bunker, i don't like RxB man, they are overcosted compared to Dark Riders imho, i like to try the sisters (they seems so tactical) and i need the exexutioners to go througt armor of woc and dwarfs. I like pegmasters of combat masters but there is no room, i like assassins, they are really cool.

Thanks in advance
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: [1500 point for fun/casual need suggestions]

Post by direweasel »

I'm not sure how to respond to this. You aren't worried about whether the list is competitive, or even legal. You just want a "fun" list. Well "fun" is entirely subjective, what might be fun for one person isn't for another.

I don't know what advice to give here. If it were me, I'd have more fun with Dark Riders than Sisters, and Sisters are highly specialized and only work against certain enemies. I would take them out. If you don't like Dark Riders, you might try a Hydra. I think they are fun.

Hope that helps.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

Post by IcemanDraich »

Sry I maybe have been a little misunderstandable, what I would say was that if i go 3/4 point over 1500 no one care or if i miss the 25% for core for 1/2 points, btw a totally legal list will be better. As for not competitive I mean a list that will perform but not outshine the others army, for example i could bring a Brolock Bus at 1500 points and probably i'm gonna win most of the time or i could go COB + WE and they probabily gonna lose.

That's because we are not so expert to bring too many things on the table. My friend that play Skaven don't know the existence of Rat Darts for example and the tactical things that it brings. I think i'm the only one that use fast cavalry and most of the time they tink at cavalry as a thing that have to charge asap...and die.

So the list have to bring me some victory and introduce me to some more complicated manouver, so one day if i'll play in a tournament I'll not be totally overwhelmed.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

I think I do understand a little better what you are going for.

I still think my original advice stands. I would remove the sisters, they are very specialized. They work great against some armies, and are totally useless against anything with much shooting in it at all. Additionally, those witch elf/sisters models are VERY expensive, so it's a lot of actual money being spent on a unit that will not be very good.

What to put in their place depends on what you like and what you want to do. If you can get your hands on a pegasus, a master on pegasus would be great with this army, since the core of it (witches and execs) is not terribly mobile.

Shades would help a lot with battlefield control, and some shooting. Hydra would be a big target that regenerates. And so on.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

Post by IcemanDraich »

The main idea is to keep the executioners because they are the models that have made me in love with DE.

They are cheap for what they do, at least in the DE army. I've learned that 15 attacks are never enough on their own so i was usually make them frenzied with Tullaris for a nice alpha strike. The problem is that Tullaris is bad designed he is only an upgraded Executioner and for 155 points I get 10 str 6 attacks that is not bad if he could resist a couple of turns but no protection mean that he will die after the first combat so 155 points for 10 attacks the whole game? (I mean 10 because i run 7 wide) 140 points are 2 RBT that are 12 shots each round or another unit.

The only way to make him last more is made a challenge but can be refused.

I've tried a witchbrewed death hag and she is better, not better in challenge but point wise.

So building my army around them: not as a deathstar but as an important piece i've come to the conclusion that have only one block of infantry is not a good idea, they will get all the focus on them.

I've tried corsairs, but they simply don't fit the idea of Dark Elfs, they got a nice shooting protection so any clever opponent will shoot my exes (more profit), they don't punch hard and with decimated exes by focus fire who will? They can't take Razorbanner so i've come to the conclusion that the only cheap infantry that fit DE are witch elves and BG.

Black Guards are overcosted and come from special that is where most things are (exec/hydra/reaper/BG) i'll never leave home without 2 reapers and a block of at least 20 exes that is 420 points so I got 330 points for BG, and aren't enough. I could add an hydra for 180 points but i'm not a big fan of I2 strikers, hydra is probably toasted against anithing that strike at I3+ if she survive she got probably 4/5 attacks (that is 1/3 of a CoK army of 5) Not a fan of CoK but the models are really awesome.

So the only reason i would find a place for SoS was that they are the best infantry we got in close combat imho.

But if i run only we and exec will be enough? In that case i could drop them.

Maybe i could find place for a unit of dark riders and one of shades but because i will not play an evasion list will that be a great idea? The shades are 80 points that usually don't pay themselves they r just for tactical deploy and arassing maybe screening that buy you turns.

The pegmaster is a thing that i love, but a CoT build is 188 points. I think that to bring him i've to lose the master bsb or the S. Aren't 3 characters overkill for 1500? The warmachine hunting can be accomplished by 5 warlocks one on each side.

I've never played the S but many people say that snipe with the signature warmachines and low ld char is fun so i'd like to try it. That way i lose the cc power of one unit of warlocks any advice to how to play her?