2400 Har Ganeth

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

2400 Har Ganeth

Post by Lord Drakon »

Hi I am still looking for nice list to be all around the Executioners, although my original idea was MSU list I feel I am not ready yet so just stick with the traditional 2 combat blocks. What do you think ?

Supreme Sorceress, lore of light, dispell scroll, ring of hotek

Matser, BSB, lance, sea dragon cloak, shield, dawnstone, Cold One

14 Witch Elves, musician
14 Witch Elves, musician
6 Dark Riders, RXB, shields, musician, herald
6 Dark Riders, RXB, shields, musician, herald

9 Cold One Knights, full command, banner of swiftness
40 Executioners of Har Ganeth, full command, wailing banner
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower

10 Sisters of Slaughter, full command, flaming banner
5 Warlocks
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: 2400 Har Ganeth

Post by Mikael.k »

Looks strong, but not over the top. Quite like the balance in this list :) Lore of light is actually really nice since timewarp adds a lot of mobility to it!
IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

Re: 2400 Har Ganeth

Post by IcemanDraich »

Hi Drakon, do you plan to run Executioners 10x4? It's a pretty scary block but have it's flaws. 5+ it's a really low protection (str 5 or 4 ap) make them resistant as skavenslaves.

Wailing Banner is probabily usless, if it's for defensive purposes i'd rather go for Death Hag/Tullaris that makes them ItP anyway. If it's for aggressive purpose i think that Razor Banner is better -4 to armor is huge.

2 RBT are not enough in my opinion.

I like the witches and sisters blocks. And the Cold One Block should work.

The SS into the Executioners mean that if you miscast/combat/get templates on have a good chance to die and bring many corpses with her.

I'd rather give her a 4++ and bring her into 9 Dark Riders with FC.

The RoO can go into a master or a Dreadlord to give the executioners the save for magic. I'd give them a 6++ vs warmachines too.

In the end what i suggest is something like that:

Main Combat block: Executioners
Supports: Witch Elves x2 and Sisters, 4xRBT
Mobile blocks: 1xWarlocks and 1xDark Riders
Chaff: 1x Dark Riders
Chars: A lvl 4 on Steed, A BsB

To do that i've dropped the Cold Ones as they are the worst of your blocks imho.

I think that having 9 Warlocks + a char or 10 without on one side and 9/10 Dark Riders on the other is pretty effective.

But if you like the shock effect of the Cold Ones keep them but i'll give the BsB master the OTS. All the attacks are now really good even against ward saves things like orcs or woc.

Maybe run less executioners, and not horded. To run an additional block of something (warlocks maybe and at least the 3rd RBT).