2500pt Dark Elf Army List - suggestions?

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Venoms
Slave (off the Altar)

2500pt Dark Elf Army List - suggestions?

Post by Venoms »

I'm a relatively new player, and I'm putting together a 2500pt army list.

I plan to use a similar tactic that other people have discussed here, while also focusing on units that I really wanted to include in my build.

I plan to use a unit of 35 Witch Elves with CoB and BSB Hag as my spearhead in center. Dreadlord on Dragon on one flank, Hydra and Cold Ones on the other. Harpies to hunt war machines, Lev 1 Sorceress on Peg to heal and/or support harpies. Lev 2 Sorc sit back with Darkshards and Blot Throwers to pick off enemies from distance.

I’m still on the fence about the Cold Ones. I’m not sure if I’d be better of trading them for Warlocks or Executioners. Also if anyone has anyone had success with the Wailing Banner? It’s 50pts, but if it can get an enemy unit to break, it might be worth bringing.

I would love any feedback:

Lord 569pts:
569pts Dreadlord (Lord, General): Black Dragon, Ring of Hotek, Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak

Hero 605pts:
335pts Death Hag (hero, BSB): Cauldron of Blood, Witches Brew, Battle Standard Bearer
140pts Sorceress (hero): Level 2 Wizard, Sacrificial Dagger
130pts Sorceress (hero): Dark Pegasus

Rare 320pts:
180pts War Hydra (rare): Fiery Breath
140pts 2x Bolt Thrower (rare)

Special 250pts:
250pts 5x Cold One Knights (special): Dread Knight (Berserker Sword), Musician, Standard Bearer (Wailing Banner)

Core 749pts:
450pts 35x Witch Elves (core): Musician, Standard Bearer (Razor Standard)
224pts 17x Darkshards (core): Musician, Standard Bearer
75pts 5x Harpies (core)
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: 2500pt Dark Elf Army List - suggestions?

Post by direweasel »

Harpies are not core, war hydras and bolt throwers aren't rare, unless you're using a very old book or something. All 3 of those are special choices, along with your Cold Ones. You might revisit your points and make sure it's still legal.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Venoms
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Venoms »

oh wow! Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah I've been spending most of my time painting. I had the new point values, but you're right I was basing their category on the 2008 DE Army list, I did not realize they shuffled the unit types around in the new book!

Back to the drawing board!
Venoms
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Venoms »

Ok here’s the latest update I came up with, but would still like to fine tune if needed. I'm really attached to the Dreadlord on Dragon, CoB with Witch Elves, Hydra, and I like to have extra magic power so I'm pretty fond of the Sorcs. But I'd be up to swap out any of the other units if it would help make this build stronger:

Total Pts 2499

Lord 569pts:
569pts Dreadlord (Lord, General): Black Dragon, Ring of Hotek, Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak

Hero 580pts:
335pts Death Hag (hero, BSB): Cauldron of Blood, Witches Brew, Battle Standard Bearer
130pts Sorceress (hero): Dark Pegasus
115pts Sorceress (hero): Level 2 Wizard

Rare 260pts:
260pts 10x Warlocks (rare): Master of Warlocks

Special 395pts:
180pts War Hydra (special): Fiery Breath
140pts 2x Bolt Thrower (special)
75pts 5x Harpies (special)

Core 695pts:
471pts 35x Witch Elves (core): Full Command, (Razor Standard)
224pts 17x Darkshards (core): Musician, Standard Bearer

...Thanks in advance for any help!
IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

Post by IcemanDraich »

I'd like to bring a SS lvl 4 instead of 2 lvl 1/2.

My usually setup is SS lvl 4 Dark Steed ToP DScroll 310 pts.

The ring of hotek on the dreadlord is wasted imho, Armor of Fortune or CoT are better choices. That's because he is on his own, the RoO is damned good when used on a char that join big units like Warlocks that become immune to magic with a 2++ and mistcast on snake eyes.

If you don't plan to join chars with DLock 2 units of 5 are stronger than a unit of 10 imho.