2500 please need help (no limit)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

2500 please need help (no limit)

Post by IcemanDraich »

Please give me some advices, i'd like to assemble a list that can stand toe to toe with most enemies.

What i've had in mind was to try to fit in a brolock bus.

But i've never played one and don't know how to support it or how to make the best composition for it.

I was thinking to start out with that:

Core:

Dark Riders and Witch Elves or just DR.
I have to fill up 625 points. I don't like to play the awesome CoB + WE combo so i'd like to stay with tirestrips of Witches of 12 or 14 to kamikadze into the fray and some DR units of 5.

Specials:

4 RBT should give me a nice shooting phase.
5 Shades AHW a nice support team (should I use a bigger number? Like 7/8?)

Rare:

9/10 Doomfire Warlocks (the basic of the bus)

Heroes:

1 SS lvl4 on Steed with DScroll and a 4++ dunno witch lore (metal, death, shadow or life)

1 Bsb Master on Steed

1 Master or Dreadlord have to bring the Ring of Hotek.

Some masters to fill the front ranks of the bus.

And what else to make it punch? Thanks in advance.
Red...
Generalissimo

Re: 2500 please need help (no limit)

Post by Red... »

What do you mean by no limit? Do you mean no ETC style restrictions, or no limits on the models that you could consider, or that you are happy to run a WAAC list, or what?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
IcemanDraich
Trainee Warrior

Post by IcemanDraich »

I mean no restriction (like banned models or comp tournament) the only thing i've to keep is the restrictions on percentages (25/50/25) i think it's called standard.

I dunno what is the WAAC list :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, you have pretty much your list.
Not sure about the WE, though, just DR might work (withs shields and most probably, RXB, and with mandatory muso and, possibly, pennant for one scenario).
DR could become an alternate host for the character group.
All masters should be able to go solo if need arises and hunt warmachines/skirmishers.
Shades should be able to occupy the tower if you play that scenario. For that, a larger unit might be handy.

There is a "lift" tactics for the sorceress which allows her to move more than her due, you might like or not:
Move one unit of DR, in a conga line with front where you need the sorceress and rear ahere the sorceress is.
Then move sorc. If she has enough movement to reach the rear, as soon as she touches it, she is lifted to the fron (still behind command group).
Even if she moves more than 2M, it is legal.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}