Let us take Arnheim in SoC

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Enmanuial
Assassin

Let us take Arnheim in SoC

Post by Enmanuial »

Brave Druchii,

for to long our hated enemys, the Asur, have had their presence on our land, for to long they have hold a base of operations so close to our major citys.
I ask thee, when the Storm of Chaos comes, Attack, attack with all your hatred and fury and drive them of our soil.
when we have this city in our hands we have a perfect base of operations for our next assault on Ulthuan, and we will take many Asur lives, in battle or on the altars.
So join me in this assault and together we will take this city and whipe out this Asur treath forever.

Lord Enmanuial

so what i am basicly saying is, if we assault Arnheim during SoC and beat the defenders we can take this City, we know for sure that GW writers will never let us take Ulthuan, but this minor city we can have.
I think this will be a great point to focus one of our main assaults
Down with Malekith
Long live the Spirit Lakulei
Malachi
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Malachi »

My friend, my friend, It is never going to happen. Why bother with a settlement that we have not been able to find and conquer and vice versa. We have tried to invade Ulthaun before and have failed several times, taking this settlement is not going to up the chances.

Why not focus on pillaging Lustria and then turning our attention to Ulthaun. After we load ourselves with old world treasure we can take our forces back to our homeland. The HE forces will be split and we can get a foothold.
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

Arnheim will be a good base of operation for future strikes in Ulthuan. I also suggest we take the Towers of Dawn and Dusk, so we might isolate the Asur.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

I would like to take out that rat hole city (no offense to skaven players), but I doubt GW would let us, or let us post there at all.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

The more i think about SoC i'm actually glad that GW seems to be setting it up to be DE vs Lizzies, it'll be nice to read some Druchii fluff where we're not fighting the Asur, i mean i have nothing against the taking of Arnheim, but i don't think it should be in SoC as it would just be more of the same DE vs HE, and i was looking forward in the change in direction.
ITS A BARBARIAN BUNNY--BUSTY BROAD
BONANZA IN MY BRAINPAN--AND I'M THE ONLY
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Enmanuial
Assassin

Post by Enmanuial »

Warriors of Naggaroth,

indeed it is tempting and cunning to assault the lizards to the south, we could indeed win a lot of magic items which will be used for our everlasting war against the hated Asur, but what good will it do?
what is the point of killing thousands of overgrown salamanders if we have a change to wipe out a Asur city and take it for out own use.
I bet our hated enemys would have some magic items which we could capture and even more important, the city would make a perfect base of operations to assault those coldblooded beast over land and plunder their inland cities, where they do not expect us, because they only fear our sea forces, in this way we could do both
attack the lizard freaks and send some of the hated Asur into oblivion.

Lord Enmanuial
Down with Malekith
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Eye on the ball everyone. The only stated ability that the DE have in the SoC is to invade Lustria. That is it, that is almost all we know. IF Arnheim is a target then we can go after it. BUT RIGHT NOW it is not. So focus on killing lizards. Comprende?
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Enmanuial wrote:Warriors of Naggaroth,

indeed it is tempting and cunning to assault the lizards to the south, we could indeed win a lot of magic items which will be used for our everlasting war against the hated Asur, but what good will it do?

You've answered your own question:

1. We get more magic.

2. We get to kill a bunch of arrogant frogs who have looked down their flabby long green drooling jaws at us for far too long.

Do you remember when they called us those: "foolish Dark Elves" when Malus was planning an invasion of them?

No I say it is time to crush those genetic freaks of nature and blast them back into extinction where they belong.

KILL the slimy frogs and their slimy friends! Arrg I can feel their slimy bloody necks in my hands now! I can't wait to slice them:

In the SoC I'm dining on frog legs!
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Durloth
Highborn

Post by Durloth »

I`m with you. (If it`s possible) I`m going for the Asur!!
(Both because it`s soo much cooler fluffvice and because my regular opponent -Slai- is a HE player)
...Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to endless night...

My Dark Elf army: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=785039#785039

My general WFB plog: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190654
Veldrik
Warrior

Post by Veldrik »

Fluff wise - if Ulthuan ever falls the Old world would be really stuffed. It is the centre of the Wardstones, and if the high elves leave it then the realm of chaos will expand and consume everything mortal. That means the only things left would be Daemons and Dragon Ogres. :)
Frans the Witch-hunter:
There's a Shadow Elf with a blunderbuss? I don't see... *boom*

www.worldofchaos.co.uk
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

:grins: I'll be waiting for you pathetic druchii, my longbow drawn to slay your foul kin.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Enmanuial
Assassin

Post by Enmanuial »

At last, some supporters, well 1 at least
if Arnheim is a target in SoC, we should exploit that fact and assault it, and hit it hard
we won't let those pesky asur with their puny longbows hold us of,
and after all what is more important , revenge on our hated kin or having brettonian delicatesse(frogs legs)
Down with Malekith
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Enmanuial wrote:brettonian delicatesse(frogs legs)

This. We get magic. That is important.

My brother, I can hear by your voice that you are a true follower of Khaine and a righteous Elf.

The hatred of High Elves is a just cause.

Have we not crushed the High Elves and driven them to the very gates of their last city? They fear us upon the seas, they flee from our armies as we drive them before us, they fear our very names. When the time comes we will crush them again.

But look around? Do we not own an entire continent? Our cities are more powerful than before while the lands of Ulthuan are rotten and strewn with the bones of the wretched infidels, the High Elves. Truly we have come into our own, our promised land lies before us as far as the eye can see and as distant as the flight of the dragon.

Now Our Blessed Land moans under the weight of a Fat Toad.

Have you not heard? Can you call yourself true Druchii? Can you allow the Lizards, who have boasted from the pompous seats of their rotting temples, to disparage our names?

They do not fear us.

Too long have we allowed them to become so complacent that they make us the topic of their jokes.

Can you call yourself true druchii and yet allow them to raid Klar Karond, murder your brothers and sisters and steal our magic? Can you allow our brothers and sisters to go unrevenged? Can you not hear their voices in your head demanding satisfaction for this serpent-like deed?

How can you allow this?

Lizards must be punished. Now. It's time to eat.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

Destroy Arnheim, slay Asurs, rule the world...
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Have we not crushed the High Elves and driven them to the very gates of their last city? They fear us upon the seas, they flee from our armies as we drive them before us, they fear our very names. When the time comes we will crush them again.

But look around? Do we not own an entire continent? Our cities are more powerful than before while the lands of Ulthuan are rotten and strewn with the bones of the wretched infidels, the High Elves. Truly we have come into our own, our promised land lies before us as far as the eye can see and as distant as the flight of the dragon.

Oh my goodness this is hillarious. Have we not routed your invasion attemps, have we not stood firm on the defense of our lands. Does not Arnheim stand strong, and do Eltharion and Alith Anar not lead an army on your own soil to assail you. We rule the seas, Druchii, and soon we shall destroy your race.

BURN NAGGAROTH
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Thanatos
Assassin

Post by Thanatos »

the lizards do not fear us because they are stupid and weak minded, they deserve the eradication of their entire degenerate race. we shall scour their temples, gather the potent secrets of their old ones and bend them to our will, then enslave or destroy their entire forsaken civilisation. I'm going after lizards, so make that order of frogs legs for two langmann :twisted:
That which is dead cannot die, therefore I am immortal.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

justinus cookerus wrote:the lizards do not fear us because they are stupid and weak minded, they deserve the eradication of their entire degenerate race. we shall scour their temples, gather the potent secrets of their old ones and bend them to our will, then enslave or destroy their entire forsaken civilisation. I'm going after lizards, so make that order of frogs legs for two langmann :twisted:

Well said, brother. We shall fight together and dine together.
Alkha'gthor
Corsair

Post by Alkha'gthor »

My brothers do we know what the lizards intend to do in this attack by the fool Archaon will they stand with the stunted kin and the animals or will they blunt our attack and follow up with their own riposte.
Look into the eyes of death and know that your life is meaningless, in my grand scheme you are less than dirt. Alkha'gthor, Lord of Torment
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

the lizards do not fear us because they are stupid and weak minded

Or maybe because they've been reading the the fluff during Eltharions invasion. ;)
ITS A BARBARIAN BUNNY--BUSTY BROAD
BONANZA IN MY BRAINPAN--AND I'M THE ONLY
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

LOL to calapine, you know it is true!
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Medved
Beastmaster

Post by Medved »

i think some of us brother dont know anymore what too be a druchii is like...

Why all the arguing, do we need more reasons to kill a race of slimy monstrosities than they live and that they have stuff we want...we are druchii, we kill for pleasure, and thats what coming for us...lots of pleasure! :twisted:

so lets stop eating for a while so we can eat all those frogs (and fat toad!) legs when the time come!!!

cheers!
Dalamar: 03/10/2013 "Yes, we are the epitome of glass cannon now. In fact the cannon is so powerful that it's possible for it to damage itself."
7ed: 23-3-3 W-D-L
Durloth
Highborn

Post by Durloth »

I don`t see why we shuld bother to start a long trek into the damp jungles of lustria to chase frogs and toads... Insects and serpents... They are not worth even to be mentioned, even less to recieve the honour of death by our hands. No, let rats and frogs do whatever they like in their forsaken continent. I long to walk in the lush forests that are rightfully ours!
...Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to endless night...

My Dark Elf army: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=785039#785039

My general WFB plog: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190654
Uriël asane
Slave on the Altar

Post by Uriël asane »

Can't we all just... get along... ?

;D
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Underway wrote:Eye on the ball everyone. The only stated ability that the DE have in the SoC is to invade Lustria. That is it, that is almost all we know. IF Arnheim is a target then we can go after it. BUT RIGHT NOW it is not. So focus on killing lizards. Comprende?

Quite right too !

First we kill the lizzies, then Arnheim loses what little protection they might have afforded it - Tactics, my friends, tactics..... 8)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Starfury
Executioner

Post by Starfury »

I always thought my first full battle was to be against our bejeweled cousins. However, seeing as My Lord Malekith wishes to sharpen our armies' weapons upon the skulls of the Lizards before killing the Asur (and my local club has 3 Lizzy players and maybe 1 Asur), I shall ravage the jungles in HIS name.
Lizardmen: Thy doom is upon thee, and its name is Lekea!!!
Since you fought well and provided me some entertainment, I shall reward you with a relatively quick death. You will expire shortly after your Lord, the current pretender-Phoenix King.
--Lakhea Ouria Kenaganth to her father, Aevarus.