Spying

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Spying

Post by Sneaky »

It has come to the attention of the administrators of this site and of others that some users, as part of campaigning in the Summer of Chaos, are "spying" on other races in order to gather information which could prove useful. While we understand and support the enthusiasm such users are showing, some restrictions are necessary.

As a result, the webmasters of several Warhammer boards have discussed the problem and have decided that spying is allowed so long as the spy does not gain access to restricted forums or campaign for election to any positions of authority (i.e. becoming a moderator) for the purpose of gaining inside information as to the target's plans for the Summer of Chaos. If a user gains such privileges under false pretenses, the board's moderators and administrators will view it as a hacking attempt.

This doesn't mean you can't go to other boards, read publicly available posts, and refer these to members of a different board. This is perfectly acceptable. But if you apply for access to a restricted board for the purpose of reporting the contents to outside parties, that is unacceptable.

Everyone wants to have fun in the Summer of Chaos, and that includes the webmasters of different forums. If someone is caught spying as has been described, the offending user will be banned from each and every site listed below, not just from the site the user was spying on.

Thank you for your attention and co-operation.

Druchii.net
[url=http://www.bugmansbrewery.com[/url]Bugman's Brewery[/url]
The Blood Keep
Asur.org
Machiara's Battle Glade
Conclave of the Light Alliance
Warhammer Palace
The Pyramid Vault 2
Chateau Montreford
World of Chaos
Da Warpath

A clarification: the reading of the e-mails being sent out by the various sites is *not* spying. It is not restricted information, and is obtained by simply registering. You cannot be disciplined or otherwise actioned against for recieving or reading these e-mails. You may also make them known to non-members since they are not restricted.
Last edited by Sneaky on Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Goodbye.
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

Here Here! good call on that one, this will prevent many of the EoT type problems that were had(aka needing to have almost all info public
Etienne d'arden
Grandmaster of Chateau Montreford

Post by Etienne d'arden »

Great words, I'm glad I could help with that!
Etienne d'Arden
Guardian of Montreford
Lord meaglin
Highborn

Post by Lord meaglin »

fair enough
hullo wat yar du in ahrrr
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

fair enough

same here
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

What would happen if an individual has already infiltrated an organisation before this statement was made ?
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Then pull out and come clean. You've been warned about our policies.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Dark 1
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dark 1 »

Dekhalan wrote:What would happen if an individual has already infiltrated an organisation before this statement was made ?

have you done anything you want to tell us about... :D
Kill them with swords, kill them with lances and spears, kill them with the bolts of your crossbows. Kill their warriors, kill their children, thier elderly and thier sick. Kill their hounds, cattle and their livestock. But above all, kill with pleasure.
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

Let me assure you, I speak purely hypothetically... ;)
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Lord k

Post by Lord k »

What would happen if an individual has already infiltrated an organisation before this statement was made ?

*nudge,nudge* that isnt an admition of guilt is it Dek !lol!
Buying Warhammer minis - expensive as hell

Seeing grown men list their win/loss/draw results in their sigs as though it compensates for anything - priceless.

www.pimpcostumes.com for all your clothing needs...
Dark 1

Post by Dark 1 »

Dekhalan wrote:Let me assure you, I speak purely hypothetically... ;)

hehe ok :D

hmmm but what IF some one had done it like dek said? i would like to know that!
Kill them with swords, kill them with lances and spears, kill them with the bolts of your crossbows. Kill their warriors, kill their children, thier elderly and thier sick. Kill their hounds, cattle and their livestock. But above all, kill with pleasure.
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

The thing is, the person would have thought they were doing their best to help their side win in the Storm of Chaos. It would be rather unfair to ban them from the online Warhmmer community for simply doing what they percieve as their duty...

There should be some sort of established 'exit procedure' - I know if I was some infiltrator in the CoL I wouldn't give myself up if there is any chance I would be banned. A week or two should be allowed for these people to pull out without any repercussions.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

The thing is this policy is new. If you come clean and say I am playing by the new rules that have been established and wish to appologize for any inconvenience then do it. I think we can deal with such a situation appropriately.

I know I have told all of my spies to stop infultrating and become scouts instead. Reporting whats going on in the public forums.
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Well, I guess that eliminates my plan to become emperor of every site on the internet that pertains to Warhammer.

Seriously though, It sounds like a good policy. People moving to spy in this manner are taking the summer campaigns way too seriously. It should be first and foremost about having fun, without inhibiting everyone elses fun.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Tacklbry, I totally agree with you. That's why this policy is in place, because spying a) in the long run doesn't have much of an impact and b) kinda makes you a little too involved in the campaign. Its all about fun here, and lets leave that to the tabletop.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

I hate it but I must agree with the Asur.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Etienne d'arden

yes, I agree with both Tacklbry and Timmy (Enthardon). Spying is just an illegal thing that makes ppl do strange and unfair things.
Etienne d'Arden
Guardian of Montreford
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

Timmy!? HAHAHAHAHA*control*.. I appologize I diddnt ment to hurt your feelings in any way.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Yeah man, my name is Tim, and anyone from the United States knows about the show "South Park," and in it is a hillarious character named Timmy (pronounced Timmah), and thus on all other warhammer forums I go by the name TimmyMWD.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Etienne d'arden

hehe, not only US ;)

[edit]and I want to add that a member of this site named Drakelord (Bladelord) has been banned from druchii.net, asur.org and bretonnia.org for spying. He became a staff member for spying purposes and joined a hidden forum of the everchosen site for the same reason. This shall show you, that it isn't good to play with fire or webmasters :P [/edit]
Etienne d'Arden
Guardian of Montreford
Shadowlance
Highborn

Post by Shadowlance »

I totally agree with this new policy. Spying is like spamming. It's stupid, pointless, and immature. Hopefully this will discourage any retarded would-be spies from beeing jackasses.
As a Druchii and Ogre Kingdoms player, I'd have to say that my favourite meal is well done Merwyrm. Although one must be careful with all those little bones.

Fairly innactive right now, dealing with some serious and extended illness.
Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Post by Binky »

This is excessively strange... Both because the idea that anyone would spy for the purpose of aiding an imaginary race in a fictional game is beyond me, and also because what could they possibly gain from any such spying, anti-insert-race-here tactics are prevalent everywhere so I can't think of what they could hope to gain. I still support the policy obviously, anyone mad enough to think of spying is probably a danger to public health anyway :roll: it's just that I'm flummoxed by the necessity... It's all just... strange
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist
Location: With Injektilo in Binktopia-The realm of Stupidity and Whipped Cream

Post by Kithan^^ »

Oops, better stop spying then.... sorry ;)

Ill take off my wig, false nose and make up now ;)
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin
Aspect of the unbanned Humour Terrorist

Previously known as Kithan Bloodblade

Kithan...has...been...pwned....by...D.net...

Song of the moment: Pagans Mind - Aegan Shores
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

Z: Yes DarkMaster, it was prudent that you got me in here so early... these fools trust me now, and have no idea that I have been causing subterfuge all these years... they even let me rise to power in some portions as well.

DarkMaster: Good... Carry on with your actions, and do nothing to show your guilt.

Z: Your wish is my command, DarkMaster. I shall keep myself hidden well.

End transmission.

Wait a second! This is the wrong channel! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Wow. All the other posts on this thread really detract from the serious tone that I was trying to use in the first post.'

Nuts.

Well, has to be expected. We're a bunch of Warhammer players, we can't really be expected to be serious. :roll:
Goodbye.