How to get the DE mentioned in the fluff...

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

How to get the DE mentioned in the fluff...

Post by Underway »

Unlike the skaven we have a guaranteed mention in the fluff. Morathi's venture into Lustria will allow us to get mention one way or the other.

However the way the skaven are mentioned in the fluff is the theory that GW deals with their buisness in 4 ways. Modeling/converting, painting, playing, and the fluff are all seperate aspects of the hobby.

The skaven decided that in order to get mentioned they had to post dozens of battle reports in the battle report section, and Gav trawls through it to get ideas of what to do and where to go from that. The website of the Underempire have an entire forum dedicated to the writting of fluff for the campaign. We have the SoC forum. Verminous Fang often mentioned in the fluff is a moderator from that site and has done an excellent job of getting himself recognized.

So if we want to get mentioned besides a footnote we have to put a really good effort into Bat Reps and Fluff at a specific point. The only way to do this is to rally the troops and get them all to report bat reps in the GW SoC Bat Rep Forum.

Lets start with Lustrian fluff and go from there. I think that would be a good site for the aramada of Druchii.net to make landfall and give Morathi a hand.

So lets start making fluff.

Underway.
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

So how exactly do we get the Fluff into the hands of GW? Post them here and hope it gets looked at?
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Onyx Paladin wrote:So how exactly do we get the Fluff into the hands of GW? Post them here and hope it gets looked at?
We've noticed that Gav, or his minions, actually seem to be reading and using a lot of the fluff that players have been posting in the Battle Reports section of their SoC Site. That would be the ideal place to put it, however I'm sure that a lot of Druchii who don't like to frequent GW's site would like to see it as well.
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

No... at the SoC site, there is a forum. Part of that forum is a Battle Reports section... currently it's filled with BRs from races who have been trying desperately to get attention in the fluff of the SoC. So, what Underway's saying here is that if we post a whole bunch of related fluff-type BRs, including our own characters and special events, GW may recognize that and include it in their own fluff (Loremasters' Journal).

So, before we just start posting a bunch of random DEvs.LZ BRs, we need to come up with a storyline. We need a hero to attribute these wins to, and come up with some heroic and wonderful deeds he has done. I'm sure they're going to be looking at these things pretty critically, so we'll need a smashing story to get it mentioned.
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Not a problem then. I have a huge game against Lizardmen this weekend. I will record and detail in a proper manner. <salute> ;)
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

write more battle reports on lustria then. i will write if i fight a lizzie provided i dun draw...
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Well I am writing a story about Fieldmarshal Magelan Underway and his attack on a pathetic Temple.

Should prove interesting, you don't need to make it all about one character, if one of us gets mentioned that would be great. Each post your own personalized stuff. It might prove interesting.
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

I've also been writing a series of shorts about my General as well. (Although one chapter featured Fieldmarshall Underway instead. Don't tell him that, it might go to his head. :mrgreen: ) About 7, or so, chapters currently. Temporarily put on hold due to home computer problems. However, that should be resolved soon. Thus far, these have been the only Druchii stories that have been posted on the SoC site. At least on the attacker's Battle Reports forum.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Hmm.. What about we having like.. well, a fieldmarshal or whatever for each druchii side (like khaine and slaanesh), who all others serve under.
And we write some interesting fluff (it don't have to be battle reports, right?), and hope we get mentioned? :D
That is the plan, right?
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

I noticed the Under Empires stories, I never thought they would effect the campaing fluff until those Gyrocopters with Ratling guns showed up.
As the saying goes, anything they can do, we can do better.
I think we need something more tehn just stories though. We need fluff about a diabolical plan. A new weapon, or perhaps an artefact we have uncovered and can now use on the Lizards.
I would like to read Field Marshal Underway, conquering a temple (with his trusted leutenant Mielkith of course ;) ).
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Very nice idea Mielkith. A think some kind of weapon would be nice, but not a sword, some kind of staffish thing which unleashes huge power blasts, or something. Magical, and made by the old ones.
Orteo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Orteo »

I'm not so sure about the artefact thing. It will probably be percieved as us trying to get more magic items (which we are) but most of the rest of the WHFB world isn't as excited about us getting new items for the third time.

I think it is important that each of our battle reports are unique, reflecting ourselves and our own armies, but they should be cohesive in some manner. Some grand plan type of thing, such as a specific city or temple we are targeting.

People reporting small battles could set them as scouting and skirmishing encounters. The larger battles could either be more major encounters, or part of the larger battleline, meaning you would be writing as a commander of part of a much larger army. This would take some organization, so we don't have conflicting results (two different armies that both were on the extreme right flank or some such thing) but our SoC team could probably manage that since they don't have to do the number crunching we expected.

In order to give us some credibility we would also have to post some draws, or even a few minor defeats. This would give it a more authentic feel, contributing to our overall chances of getting recognized.

It would also be nice if we could have a cohesive format. I would recommend using a battlelog, like Ash's. The small details such as having "Captain’s Log: Sundering Date xx-xx-2004" at the top of each entry will make it look like all our battles are part of a larger plan, which will make it more likely to get included in the fluff.

I would also advocate having a review/editing panel for battle reports that we highly recommend people submit to before posting them online. I know our editing team for the monthly is booked, but I'm sure we could find qualified people willing to do some editing.
We've all begun to die, and don't know what to do.
Since it hurts to pray to God, when God is dying too.
Takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown.
And we dance while the sky crashes down.

-Jason Webley
Alkanoon
Black Guard

Post by Alkanoon »

Im reading a lot of random Idear of what we do.. what exsactly is the orders Underway?
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

I think this is an excellent idea overall, especially since we seem to be headed for a virtual stalemate in Lustria.

It seems to me that the one obvious choice would be for someone to write 'fluff' from Morathi's perspective. Choose someone who is a really good writer and let them at it. You don't neccesarily have to use Morathi in the actual battle that you report, she could be receiving a battle report from a victorious subordinate or even a report from the sole survivors of a failed attack. If done right, I think it could be quite entertaining and interesting to read.
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

If everyone is going to write stuff they need to all write it on the same topic (Lustria). This way Gav (hopefully) won't be able to look at the battle reports page without seeing some Dark Elf fluff.
Phoenix14
Warrior

Post by Phoenix14 »

well, let's hope my little saga on my character "nightblade" will help us get a mention.

Phoenix14
No retreat, no defeat...
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

OK everyone write something about Lustria, and hopefully we will get noticed. I don't care what you write about IRT Lustrian fluff just have a good time with it.

This is all about exercising your creative muscles and having some fun with the fluff.
The dark prince
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by The dark prince »

I just noticed that the some other Evil races fluff on the SOC forums got noticed. If you check today's Loremaster's Journal then you will notice the fluff on 'Lightbringer' a champion of Tzeentch. Check the Batrep SOC forum and a couple of pages back you will find some fluff that he or she wrote, about some huge magical even performed by Lightbringer and his cabal of Sorcerers. This is mentioned in the LJ on how he 'corrupted the forests around Sokh'. This should give us more incentive as we know it is quite likely that we will get noticed! Also, most of the Skaven stuff by Verminous Fang and others on that same forum is pretty good and worth a read, so check it out.

TDP
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

So, just to clarify. Were do we put the storys we write? I have one but it isn't a battle report.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Put it in the Bat Rep forum on the Storm of Chaos site. It is fine there.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Cheers, Underway. I am posting it in the Defenders (cause thats what I was originally supposed to do) battle report. Its under the name of Boneyfish, as that was the name I joined up with all those years ago.
Its about Mielkith (no surprise there) raiding a temple to find a vial of green warpstone liquid stuff (I need to clarify that a bit)recovered from the Skaven. Linking in to Deathclouds magic fire to burn to use against the Lizardmen.
This is my first story, so dont expect anything great, just triying to do my bit.
Oh, I would of used Underway, as he is more recognisable, but I didn't want to conflict with any other fluff he may be in.
Alkanoon
Black Guard

Post by Alkanoon »

hmm.. I have thougt about writting a story about Morathi collecting skinks (as they are high intelligent creatures) to a huge torture rituel to gian the favor of great lord Slaanesh as she is about to laugh her final assult at Lustria (as there is only about 2 weeks left of the campaign).. what to you think about that idear?
Anthrax
Corsair

Post by Anthrax »

A friend of mine got mentioned by name in the fluff a few days back, he write heaps of tomb king fluff and his general, Amun II and his radiant armies were singled out.

So underway is exactly right, get posting people!
You owe nothing to the old god, he is the one who ensure your humiliation and slavery.
Only the power of Slaanesh can bring glory to the Druchii, embrace it.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Right, I have finshed another about Helena Deathcloud creating instant fire to use in Lustria. Following on from the last which followed on from one of Underways orders. Again it is in the defenders battle reports.
Umbra
Trainee Warrior

Post by Umbra »

Do you think the same tactic could work on getting a fluff mention in the oldworld, or are your order directing us to Lustria?
"Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars"