We're there! It's seige time!

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

We're there! It's seige time!

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Ok not in Lustria but "up north" the forces of chaos (with a little help from Gav) have made it to Middenheim. The seige is on!

Is this the time that the High Command need to really direct our efforts?

Sha'a'alaar
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

It's fantastic, we've finally made it. It's time to fulfill some of my lord's fluff, slaying my mate's Empire General on Griffon while in Middenheim, the utter humiliation to the empire :D.
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

Read the map tutorial. This time percentages dont matter, its a day by day thing. The defenders could win 5-1, but if they post in the wrong areas they can still lose.
------------------
Your Friendly Nieghboorhood Lizardman
Rohnin1
Warrior

Post by Rohnin1 »

omg, Ulric's Thunder is so incredibly cheesy and scary. Anyone who even gets grazed by the small template gets pwned and wasted.
Have but luck and you shall have the rest
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Woo! Volkmar is free! A little off topic, but its what I have been waiting for, for a long time now. Ah, and Ulrics thunder is playing its part at last. We're sure to see Gork and Mork (the siege towers) any time now.
If you really wanted you could just leave Middenhiem alone, you know, no hard feelings.
Last edited by Mielkith on Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

HI! Long time no see. The siege has begun! I have unfortunatly joined the orc side and beat the crap out of chaos, along with some stunties, 'umies and elf fings, so I wont be helping anybody really but just trying to mess up things for everyone else.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Rohnin1
Warrior

Post by Rohnin1 »

well I want middenheim to fall :twisted: If one of the attacking forces manages to reach the temple ahead of all the others then what happens? Especially if one part of hte city, lets say the eastern causeway since they'r the closest, goes right to the end while the other armies are still a the fringes. Would we get any bonuses eventually from penetrationa nd burning of the city? It'd be sweet if we could destroy that ulric's thunder and pour into the city from one side.
Have but luck and you shall have the rest
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

now the volkmar is free, and being dead he is proablely more powerfull then he was before, i think that as Archron steps towards the temple of ulric, volkmar will appere and single handedly hold archreon for a day and a night before the army of Karl Franz and Valten arrives.
well thats what i think anyway.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

Ulric's thunder is quite counterable. It comes in from the table EDGE, therefor with the right setup you can have his own units screening yours. If he rolls a 2, then the ball will hit 10" from his edge, possibly in his own front lines. It will hit even closer if he angles his shot.

Yes it is powerful, but well earned and not too hard to work around.
------------------
Your Friendly Nieghboorhood Lizardman
Alkanoon
Black Guard

Post by Alkanoon »

Voodoomaster wrote:now the volkmar is free, and being dead he is proablely more powerfull then he was before, i think that as Archron steps towards the temple of ulric, volkmar will appere and single handedly hold archreon for a day and a night before the army of Karl Franz and Valten arrives.
well thats what i think anyway.

Uuuh cool propcehy Voodoomaster! althought i im attacker of Middenhaim i like the think about Volkmar breking free :)
Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

So do I. It might and probobly will cause problems for Archaon but it will only increase the excitement.
Death on a stick
Highborn

Post by Death on a stick »

I think that the attackers will lose as it seems that the defenders have managed to keep everywhere else without too many problems its just that GW had to rig each town in order for it to fall ive only ever seem once that the attackers have had the advantage.
Death is the only true certainty in life
Dimorti
Dark Rider

Post by Dimorti »

I find this quite distirbing that there is such a huge difference in wins between the attackers and the defenders. It's just very very strange that such a difference is visible when army books are supposed to be balanced.

Add to that the orcs wins that are mostly against chaos and you have a sure loss situation for chaos....now when's the hordes of chaos update coming? hehehehehe
Evil is good, Chaos is the law
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

yah man retreating chaos wastes I love it.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Mielkith wrote:Woo! Volkmar is free! A little off topic, but its what I have been waiting for, for a long time now. Ah, and Ulrics thunder is playing its part at last. We're sure to see Gork and Mork (the siege towers) any time now.
If you really wanted you could just leave Middenhiem alone, you know, no hard feelings.
even though he is free he is badly injured and probably corrumpted by Belakors dark shadow plus Belakor is the master at causeing fear so im sure volkmar is disturbed by "visions"
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

volkmar's probably jibbering in some mental home, but nobody will tell you, because they don't want to lower the morale of the soldiers! !lol!

it is widely thought that there indeed are less attacking players, and that is the reason for the huge win difference between the two sides. (i'm not saying i agree with that excuse)

also, somewhere before the campaign actually started, i thought it said that the first half of the campaign would be approaching middenheim, and that the second half would be the actual siege.

so, all the defenders were expected to do for the first thirty odd days was hold them up as much as possible, and then really put all of there numbers and victories into the siege. however, the defenders have really managed to hold up the attackers way past schedule (sp?) so the attacker are pushed heavily for time, before the campaign ends.

and finally, even if archaon and chaos do manage to burn middenheim, won't karl and valten still come, and kill all of archaon's horde? i mean, either way it looks like death for archy, even if he does hammer middenheim, unless he bcomes an immortal god ofcourse.
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Aldreth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Aldreth »

Well I don't like the story about Volkmar breaking free. I thougtht this to happen just the moment I read about his ressurection in the army book. To mee it seems like the usual mistake of the bad guys in books and especially films. They let the good guys alive to break them but "accidentally" the hero breaks free and saves the world. :roll:
I feel the same way with Eltharion althoug that is off topic...

As for the siege I still hope that Middenhome falls. It would make the fluff of Warhammer much more exicting than the early death of archaon by the hand of Valten.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Ah, the classic James Bond situation.

Now Volkamr is free his successor should stand down. But we know that isn't going to happen because he is corrupt and power hungry. It will be very interesting indeed. The Sigmarite chruch could be split in two, with Volkmar and Huss taking on Esmer (I think thats his name anyway.).

If archaon takes Middenheim then he will have one of the greatest fortresses in the warhammer world. He could survive there for along time.

Would you even try taking a castle with Hellcannons on its battlements?
Death on a stick
Highborn

Post by Death on a stick »

Yhea I would give it a go
lore of life (master of stone) kill all the CD crew and sit back and watch the action. After a while atack the wall while they are fighting the hell cannons.
Death is the only true certainty in life